News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Retro fit hydraulic roller lifters

Started by Highbanked Hauler, March 07, 2014, 05:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Thumbing through E-bay and saw a set of  retro fit roller lifters for a big block that will work with a flat tappet cam. Price was $300. Any advantage to using a set of these or is it  you get what you pay for ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

I have heard a lot of bad things happening from people who used these and then the links broke off the lifter...you can guess what happened next

cdr

if you want great roller lifters  you have to use a roller cam,no flat tappet

http://www.mrlperformance.com/
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Cooter

If running roller lifters was that easy, everybody would be  Running roller stuff.
flat tappet cams cannot be run with roller lifters. Roller cams are billet steel. Flat tappet cores I are not.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Cooter on March 09, 2014, 02:19:52 PM
If running roller lifters was that easy, everybody would be  Running roller stuff.
flat tappet cams cannot be run with roller lifters. Roller cams are billet steel. Flat tappet cores I are not.

Gotcha I just hadn't heard of a retro fit part before..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Cooter

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on March 11, 2014, 09:31:36 PM
Quote from: Cooter on March 09, 2014, 02:19:52 PM

Gotcha I just hadn't heard of a retro fit part before..
retro rollers are designed I believe to be installed in a NON factory roller block.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"