News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Valve cover gaskets with Edelbrock heads

Started by 70sixpkrt, March 09, 2014, 08:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

What are good valve cover gaskets with Eddy heads? For some reason I can not find good gaskets to stop this leak. I am using the old direct connection chrome covers. I have checked the indentation of the bolt holes and made sure the rails are straight. Anybody use the Edelbrock valve cover gaskets?

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

firefighter3931

Ricky, the Moroso steel core blue gaskets have worked flawlessly for me and many others. I highly recommend them. I siloconed them onto my aluminum valvecovers several years ago and they've been on two different sets of heads (Edelbrock & Indy) and been off and on at least 12-15 times for valve adjustments....no leaks  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mor-93055/overview/make/plymouth

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BSB67

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 10, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
Ricky, the Moroso steel core blue gaskets have worked flawlessly for me and many others. I highly recommend them. I siloconed them onto my aluminum valvecovers several years ago and they've been on two different sets of heads (Edelbrock & Indy) and been off and on at least 12-15 times for valve adjustments....no leaks  :2thumbs:

Ron

Those are the ones that I use as well.  The stamped steel valve covers are a lot harder to seal on the Eddy head.  Don't be surprised if you have to go back and are torque them down a couple of more times after the initial install. I think it is due to the larger surface area on the head and not being able to get enough squeeze on them with the stamped steel.  Make sure that you straighten the cover out as well.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

fy469rtse

Can some one sticky this , so I can find these later, remember looking through summit and these never came up?
Great seals , thanks Ron

Laxy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 10, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Ron

That's good to hear, I just got a set of these from Summit as well as some new MP covers. Any installation tips for these? I'm paranoid about overtightening them! Any particular silicone recommended?

I'm trawling through old threads now to see what installation methods people have used.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

fy469rtse

I can't remember the type , but high temp silicone, I stuck mine to the covers, hoping that every time I take covers off it will make my job a lot easier

firefighter3931

Use Permatex ultra copper high temp rtv on the valvecover to gasket surface only. Let it set up overnight to cure then install. With the MP valvecovers I like to tighten down the inside bolts first and leave the end tabs for last because they are prone to cracking. Snug + 1/4 to 1/2 turn works for me.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

b5blue

I got a set of silicone ones from Rick E. on eBay. I'm going to try them with my Cal Custom valve covers soon.  :scratchchin:

Laxy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 03, 2014, 07:12:59 AM
Use Permatex ultra copper high temp rtv on the valvecover to gasket surface only. Let it set up overnight to cure then install. With the MP valvecovers I like to tighten down the inside bolts first and leave the end tabs for last because they are prone to cracking. Snug + 1/4 to 1/2 turn works for me.

Ron

Thanks heaps, randomly I already have some of that high temp Permatex so will get started tonight!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

RIDELIKEHELL

I just purchased the Moroso Blue for my Eddy Heads and MP cast aluminum valve covers..I hope they stop my leaks
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73