News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

craigslist rarity

Started by F8-4life, March 09, 2014, 08:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

Found while searching craigslist.
This is not something you see everyday.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/4352512048.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Yeah, I saw that the other day, looks interesting, and probably not too far gone, esp. given the price :Twocents:

F8-4life

I don't fallow them too closely but a legit 58 fury could probably pull 5k or more even rotted.
Defiantly worth bringing back, since guys are restoring belvederes & post cars.

Indygenerallee

gotta love no phone number given, most likely a scam...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

polywideblock

posting expired ,  what was it   :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

F8-4life

Quote from: polywideblock on March 09, 2014, 08:52:27 PM
posting expired ,  what was it   :shruggy:

Ad is still working for me, its a 1958 plymouth fury project.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

cudaken

I would buy it, but no phone number.  :shruggy:
I am back

tan top

:o :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bill440rt

What a coincidence. I stumbled across this in my local area Craigslist classifieds. Match made in heaven?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/4361001061.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BrianShaughnessy

I got a friend with a bunch of 50's stuff ...    I sent the listing to him.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Cooter

A 58 Fury is the equivalent of a 1970 Hemi Cuda in the "Christine" world especially if it's a big block, Golden Commando car.
the repop oval air cleaners are $800.00/ pair. Right side exhaust manifold original, $4k.
these are prices I've seen SELL at. Yes, just as with General Lees, you expect to be chastised, drawn and quartered, tortured to no end, and finally crucified for painting one Red and White.

To add Sporting trim to a Savoy, or Plaza will run one about $3k.....NO INSERTS. We have a vendor that sells Mylar inserts which look just like the original aluminum stuff that is many times corroded beyond repair.
Most times, it will run about $50-75 k to restore one properly.

While this car looks to be a 58, it has a 57 trunk lid on it. Should have PLYMOUTH spelled across it instead of the ship emblem.
and rear bumper skirt. (No back up light). Also has incorrect bucket seats. One can only hope it still has the $1500.00 150 mph Speedo in it.

I myself, repro the "upsweeps". (Pieces that go up at angle on rear quarters).
those bumper "wings"(pieces on outside of front and rear bumpers) are about $5k after rechroming.
I have $3500.00 worth of bumpers on my own Christine, and they a ree e done "cheap"....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

RallyeMike

If I was anywhere close I'd be contacting him.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

F8-4life

According to the guys on forwardlook.net it's been sold.
2k was a great deal.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Cooter on March 10, 2014, 11:15:14 AM
A 58 Fury is the equivalent of a 1970 Hemi Cuda in the "Christine" world especially if it's a big block, Golden Commando car.
the repop oval air cleaners are $800.00/ pair. Right side exhaust manifold original, $4k.
these are prices I've seen SELL at. Yes, just as with General Lees, you expect to be chastised, drawn and quartered, tortured to no end, and finally crucified for painting one Red and White.

To add Sporting trim to a Savoy, or Plaza will run one about $3k.....NO INSERTS. We have a vendor that sells Mylar inserts which look just like the original aluminum stuff that is many times corroded beyond repair.
Most times, it will run about $50-75 k to restore one properly.

While this car looks to be a 58, it has a 57 trunk lid on it. Should have PLYMOUTH spelled across it instead of the ship emblem.
and rear bumper skirt. (No back up light). Also has incorrect bucket seats. One can only hope it still has the $1500.00 150 mph Speedo in it.

I myself, repro the "upsweeps". (Pieces that go up at angle on rear quarters).
those bumper "wings"(pieces on outside of front and rear bumpers) are about $5k after rechroming.
I have $3500.00 worth of bumpers on my own Christine, and they a ree e done "cheap"....

Good insight Cooter.  I've always liked them, even before Christine came out. Those 57/58 Plymouth's were WAY ahead of their time. Look at the styling GM and Ford was putting out at the time. :eek2:   Nothing even came close...except the 1957 New Yorker/300's but they were in another league).

I would love to see that car restored to all of its former glory.  :patriot:   It would be great to have the extra parts Bill spotted on Craigslist to go with it!  :icon_smile_wink:

6spd68

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 11, 2014, 04:29:29 PM
Look at the styling GM and Ford was putting out at the time. :eek2:  

58 Impala, *Cough*Cough*
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

TUFCAT

FUGLY ;) ...but not as bad as the '58 Olds,  which followed closely by the '58 Buick. :eek2:

StoneCold

'58 would have been great for just a conversation piece at that price. Tell everyone you're gonna fix it up some day and just let it sit there if you have the space ;)

Cooter

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 11, 2014, 04:38:48 PM
FUGLY ;) ...but not as bad as the '58 Olds,  which followed closely by the '58 Buick. :eek2:

Ya know, I tell people today shows I thought is was bout the ugliest car I'd seen, as I was used to lanky muscle cars with curves.
however, after 8 years with Christine, I wouldn't change one thing. She's so ugly, she's a work of beauty.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Baldwinvette77

I like it, That is all  :yesnod:

TUFCAT

Quote from: Cooter on March 11, 2014, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 11, 2014, 04:38:48 PM
FUGLY ;) ...but not as bad as the '58 Olds,  which followed closely by the '58 Buick. :eek2:

Ya know, I tell people today shows I thought is was bout the ugliest car I'd seen, as I was used to lanky muscle cars with curves.
however, after 8 years with Christine, I wouldn't change one thing. She's so ugly, she's a work of beauty.

No, No...Cooter!  I was replying/agreeing with the guy who said the '58 Impala was *cough* *cough* ugly..... 57/58 Plymouths are beautiful man!  Read my post (two posts above) that one.  :2thumbs:

Indygenerallee

57 and 58's are awesome. Id love to have a 2 door, but all black!!  :METAL:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Indygenerallee on March 11, 2014, 10:46:05 PM
57 and 58's are awesome. Id love to have a 2 door, but all black!!  :METAL:

Here's my black '57 Savoy, hard to tell from all the surface rust. I would have loved to bought that Fury for $2000, mine is missing a lot of hard to find things and I didn't pay a whole lot less. It doesn't need extensive metal work though, that's the only reason I bought it.
  I don't think these cars look right without the sportone trim, I'm not ready to spend $3K on the trim yet though, but when the car gets closer to being done I might have to.
   Right now my goal is to make mine look like Al Sheibs car (bottom pic) minus the funny car Hemi.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Mytur Binsdirti

The car looked MUCH better in the expired posting rather than the pictures show.  :eek2:

He should advertise it more that way.  :lol:

Ram07

There is one of those cars on ebay..seems I don't know how to post a link...

$69900