News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

serpentine drive systems

Started by polywideblock, March 10, 2014, 12:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

anybody have any feedback about serpentine  drive systems   

its a tossup between the billet specialties    tru-trac   system 

or  march style track     systems

only $60   between the two so price isn't an issue     just looking for old fashioned reliability    any issues with these systems ?

any other systems that I've missed  ?  not looking for a cobbled up system from late dodge parts that I don't have access to over here     

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ottawamerc

Not sure if this is under the "cobbled up" category or not but Mopar Action magazine had an article on a stock looking serpentine system that used stock parts. It was from SD Concepts I believe, looks like a straight forward conversion and IMHO the nicest one I've seen so far.  :2thumbs:

http://www.sd-concepts.com/

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

thrillbilly

I just have the standard March serpentine kit, not the fancy one you have pictured.  It's been awesome, had it for years, haven't had an issue since I installed it.  Very well made and thought out.
"She ain't revved till the rods are thrown"  DBT

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: thrillbilly on March 10, 2014, 08:02:28 PM
I just have the standard March serpentine kit, not the fancy one you have pictured.  It's been awesome, had it for years, haven't had an issue since I installed it.  Very well made and thought out.

Same here. I had a bit of fitment issues with mine though(mainly getting the a/c compressor to line up properly) but a couple extra spacers and it lined up great. I do kinda wish I went with a single belt system but I'm happy with my purchase.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

polywideblock

thanks for the info    :cheers:    have decided on the style track system

now next question I've got a choice between a remote fluid tank power steering or a canister type Saginaw  power steering

so  which is the better power steering pump ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE