News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

no power

Started by fireguyfire, March 14, 2014, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

Playing under the hood today and put fuel in the tank for the first time to do my 383 engine break in on Sunday. Anyway, after I'd dumped in the 5 gallons of gas I thought I would see if my fuel gauge is working so i hooked up the battery and turned on the key and....nothing. I have no power to anything all of a sudden which is weird as I have been hooking and un hooking the battery for the last couple of weeks testing all of the lights, headlights, radio etc.
I have 12v at my battery, 12v at the starter relay, and 12v through the fusible link that goes through the firewall.
Any chance I have lost ground on my negative battery cable? Any ideas? I haven't monkeyed with anything, and haven't had anything happen such as a short or anything. As I said earlier, I have absolutely no power anywhere.
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Carrnutt

Power at your ignition switch? At the ammeter? Did you check your dash for ground? I'd be thinking possible bulkhead connector or ground issue.
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

flyinlow

Yea probably just a little corrosion on the cables or loose. Does not take much. Turn the headlights on and move the cables around  watching to see if the lights flicker.

fireguyfire

Im thinking ground too; I'm going to play with it tomorrow
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent