News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Faded black seat belts... can I dye them?

Started by MxRacer855, February 21, 2014, 04:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

My '68 belts are in good shape for now, the black is just fading to a gun metal gray color.

Can I dye them black again? Has anybody done this (and if so, what did you use specifically)?

Thanks

Ghoste

Somebody has on this site but I can't recall the thread now.  IIRC they used that RIT stuff?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have used SEM Landau Black for my interior trim INCLUDING my selt belts  :Twocents:

http://www.semproducts.com/color-coat-aerosols/
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MxRacer855

Thanks guys. I'll check the link out to the more professional stuff. My girlfriend immediately mentioned that RIT stuff for dying any sort of fabric.

Back N Black

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Calif240

I used the RIT liquid dye and used about 5 times as much as they recommended to get the black really deep. You'll want to ensure that the tags are taken off. Otherwise, just follow the directions and you can use more dye than what they recommend. You'll want to wash and rinse before having the material rub against any shirts or anything. Shouldn't have an issue with bleeding, but wash just to be sure.
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

MxRacer855

Dyed them with the RIT stuff! Thanks guys, they turned out absolutely amazing.