News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 body paint front bumber.

Started by Mikko, March 11, 2014, 02:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikko

Anyone seen pics of black 1970 with black front bumber, i have been trying to search with poor results.

I´m restoring both of my 1970´s atm and don´t have good enough bumber for better one. One solution that came to my mind is that i paint worse one from my current bumbers to get clean look.

And maybe get spare bumber later on and get it chromed (or wait when they start to make repro bumbers) Re-chroming don´t fit to my budget right now, it´s at least about 2000-2500$ in here or countries near.

tsmithae

Fast & Furious did it. I can't seem to find one with the original grille...
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

don duick

good idea painted bumpers look great I wish I did mine but now too late as the car is now painted. You have a bit of work ahead of you if you want to do a neat job. The bumper does not follow the contours of the fenders perfectly so some bondo or bending of the bar is required. Remove the rubber that sits between the bar and fenders, remove the 2 stoppers on the inner sides of the fenders, the oval holes in the brackets will need to be filed out longer, the hood latch lever will have to be cut, the sharp edge of the bar have to be chamfered off. Do a mock up of the front clip to line it up. you want the gap between the bar and panels to be the same as the panel gaps. 

myk

I think the '70 can pull it off, since the bumper is smooth and flows with the lines of that perfect body.  I say do it to both; I'm not a fan of chrome...