News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater control wiring help

Started by Shredthepow, March 13, 2014, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredthepow

69 charger with ac.  Having a hard time figuring out where the wires/plugs on the ac/heater controls go, even with the FSM.  Any help is appreciated.

2 orange wires on top, where do they plug into?

Larger plug in middle and smaller plug on bottom, what/where do they plug into?

Carrnutt

The Orange wires plug into a molded connector that has 3 sockets (I believe) and has one orange wire to it. It feeds ash lamp, A/c lamp, tach / clock lamp.

As for the rest, I'm not sure off the top of my head. I do know there is a brn and dark blue wire that run to a delay relay on the underside of the hvac box. Maybe these will help...

1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

rsw0331usmc

I installed a new dash harness on mine, a 68 non A/C car so it'd be a bit different from yours. The good news is that with a little patience the connections will be apparent. Providing you have the proper harness, the connections should all be there. Take the seats out so you can lie on your back and be comfortable. No distractions, a couple flashlights (magnetic mounts are good for this), and lay under there and study the harness as you're plugging away. There may also be an additional A/C-heater harness that you need.

Shredthepow

It looks like I am missing the AC harness.  I see there are 2 of them on Year One's website, one for the dash side & one for the engine side.  Do we need both of them for the 69 charger?

I am building this from the ground up & don't have old wiring to reference.  Good thing is the dash is out of the car & on my living room floor.  Easy to put together!

As always, I appreciate the help from the board!  Thanks!

Carrnutt

If you don't have the under hood wiring, then yes you would need the engine side as well.
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins