News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 AAR Cuda. Not a lot of these around.

Started by Tilar, March 02, 2014, 08:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

:drool5:  I'd like to have one of these, but it's a bit out of my league. Ok so it's a lot out of my league. 

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4289074567.html

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69 OUR/TEA

Don't know if I would say they are really rare,as they made 2,724 of them.But you're right,not alot around.I bought mine in 02 off Moparts,it is a project car,from Florida,very solid,#'s matching,EV2,vinyl top,auto on column.
Kinda wish I left my Charger alone as the driver quality it was and just drove/enjoyed it,and started on my AAR.But now that it is gutted to the shell and doing the resto,have to finish before I touch the AAR.
Def cool cars with the stripe/hood/side exhaust/340 trip carbs !!!!

F8-4life

I like how he puts a 2 week time limit to buy, and the ad's been up for 2 months.

Nwcharger

My neighbor has one. Bought it new from the dodge dealer in town. B5 with blue int auto on the floor. Hasent been on the road since 78. I always ask when he's gonna sell it to me but mainly as a joke. I have an aar as well but it was deskinded in 75 and is now a circle track car.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

RallyeMike

This was posted on Craigslist Spokane WA a week ago: $8500 for a nearly rust free car w/o engine, trans, and hood. Very tempting:

1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda BS23J0BXXXXX
A TRUE J Code... original colors are white with black stripe, black vinyl top and blue interior.
The body is very straight with minimal rust. Quarters are solid. There is a small spot on the drivers side floor.
I am missing the engine, transmission, grille, original hood, and the carpet has been removed. The bucket seats, rear seat, gauges, and console are all there.
The one big bummer is the fender tag is missing, but I do have the title. (hence my low asking price)
This is a GREAT project for any MOPAR fan.
Asking $8500
Please call RON @ 5 zero 9 three 6 two three 7 two 6 if interested

Price: $8500

Read more...   
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mopar Nut

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 02, 2014, 03:21:05 PM
This was posted on Craigslist Spokane WA a week ago: $8500 for a nearly rust free car w/o engine, trans, and hood. Very tempting:

A TRUE J Code... original colors are white with black stripe, black vinyl top and blue interior.
The body is very straight with minimal rust. Quarters are solid. There is a small spot on the drivers side floor.
I am missing the engine, transmission, grille, original hood, and the carpet has been removed. The bucket seats, rear seat, gauges, and console are all there.
The one big bummer is the fender tag is missing, but I do have the title. (hence my low asking price)
Asking $8500

Read more...   

I know where a aar challenger complete block, trans and rear end is, car was crushed something like 15 yrs ago. The guy bought it from a salvage yard for $800.00.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

I had an AAR briefly years ago and would love to have one again.  That is a tempting project because its a real AAR but without the bulk of the pedigree, you would be free to do it up how you want.

69bronzeT5

Asking $8500

Read more...   

Good deal!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bakerhillpins

An AAR is on my bucket list...  Someday.  :yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Nwcharger on March 02, 2014, 12:43:12 PM
I have an aar as well but it was deskinded in 75 and is now a circle track car.  :2thumbs:

Pictures? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cooter

I've had bout four AAR cars over the years. They were real as well.

"Abandoned And Rusty"....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69 OUR/TEA

Asking $8500

Read more...   

If it is not a fake ad,missing eng/tranny,grill/hood and without fender tag for $8,500,without a doubt is def a good deal.White,black top,......blue interior,that has to be real odd/rare !!!!!Personally wouldn't like it,but some go nuts for weird combos like that .

Alaskan_TA

I do not have any AARs in white with a blue interior listed in the registry - yet.   :scratchchin:

4cruzin

I too would love to have one some day!  Either that or a 71 with white billboards!   :drool5:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RallyeMike

There was no pic of the vin, and the fender tag was missing, but it looked legit to me.

QuoteI do not have any AARs in white with a blue interior listed in the registry - yet.   

Definitely should call the number!

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Alaskan_TA

The registry loses more of my money ever year, there is no budget at all for long distance phone calls.

Nwcharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 02, 2014, 05:30:40 PM
I have an aar as well but it was deskinded in 75 and is now a circle track car.  :2thumbs:

Ill post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Ill also try and get the full story but from what I remember it was bought from an insurance auction for the purpose to build a track car. I haven't had it on the rack yet but it doesn't look like much of anything left that's original. Does have a kframe that falls under aar production.  It now has a Mopar performance lebaron body on it.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

odcics2

Quote from: Nwcharger on March 04, 2014, 01:32:30 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 02, 2014, 05:30:40 PM

Ill post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Ill also try and get the full story but from what I remember it was bought from an insurance auction for the purpose to build a track car. I haven't had it on the rack yet but it doesn't look like much of anything left that's original. Does have a kframe that falls under aar production.  It now has a Mopar performance lebaron body on it.  :2thumbs:

Sounds cool...  Yes, pics please...

:2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

I'm guessing if it was an insurance auction it must have been pretty totalled out when they got it?

GOTWING

1969chargerrtse

The guy up at our recycling station has had one all apart for decades and it'll probably always be apart.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

FC7 V code

An AAR does fit nicely between a pair of Charger RT-SE's. My Son set up and photographed our group on a warm June evening at the south end of the Mackinac Bridge. I've owned the AAR since 1986 and in the last couple of years had a little body work done on it and a repaint. We also redid the motor but it still could use a set of tires and the cracked dash redone. But what car can't use something :icon_smile_cool:
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am

Ghoste

It does look good with the other two, your son did a nice job. :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."