News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger GTS on ebay....

Started by Blakcharger440, March 09, 2006, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I always wondered what happened to that silver 68 Charger GTS with the viper engine in it. I have always liked that car and maybe one day....I will build one like it!  :icon_smile_big:

bull

GTS?? ??? ??? Is that what they call it when you put a Viper engine in?

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on March 09, 2006, 11:17:16 PM
GTS?? ??? ??? Is that what they call it when you put a Viper engine in?

that car is in silverR/T's signature....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

I really like that car, except for the wheels.

Rubberduck

Last time I saw that car on ebay it was a fake.
Now it seems to be real.
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

6pkrunner

The "real" one has been for sale several times in the last 3 years or so. I don't know if it changed hands or not but it does come up for sale quite often. Beautiful engineering and execution on it.

Shakey

The last time I saw it, less than a year now, it was in Burlingame, CA, just south of San Francisco.

I think it is great what they have done with it.

SuBLimE 69

I love that car.......awesome.  I'd give my "jewels" to own that baby.  :yesnod:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

TK73

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on March 10, 2006, 08:11:15 AM
I love that car.......awesome.  I'd give my "jewels" to own that baby.  :yesnod:

Somehow I doubt that your "jewels" would bring over $50k on the open market...  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Shakey

Quote from: TK73 on March 10, 2006, 08:52:45 AM
Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on March 10, 2006, 08:11:15 AM

Somehow I doubt that your "jewels" would bring over $50k on the open market...  :icon_smile_big:

However, what's inside those jewels could be used to create a healthy baby which could fetch $50K + on the open market and the best part, you'd get to keep them!

Run it by the Wife and see what she says.   :icon_smile_big:

KMPX2

It keeps going up for sail because it drives like crap. It all looks good but does not work well. Word has it the last owner has done a major rework on it and has it to the point that it drives good.

6pkrunner

I was wondering. When the car was built, however many years ago, a few of the Mopar magazines did articles on it. I loved the engineering and execution of such, but then none ever mentioned the driveability, cornering or acceleration. I passed it off as the owner not wanting it abused. Which really blew me away as it started off as a 318 car (not putting down 31 cars) but if someone wrecked an original hemicar that cannot be replaced. This car can be recreated many times over.

Blown70

How about clean the engine bay before you take pictures.
:rotz:

Tom

Charger_Fan

Quote from: KMPX2 on March 10, 2006, 11:32:39 AM
It keeps going up for sail because it drives like crap. It all looks good but does not work well. Word has it the last owner has done a major rework on it and has it to the point that it drives good.
That's the first I've heard of that, although it's not entirely surprising. When I read about cars like that in magazines, I often wonder how well the mods guys have done actually work after a few thousand miles are on the clock. It would be nice if the magazines would give a re-cap the following year, to give a report on this stuff. :yesnod:

Still, I really like the overall idea of this car & pretty much count it as one of the pioneering steps toward a more fine-tuned result such as these guys are doing; http://www.xvmotorsports.com/ Cool & exciting stuff, IMO. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

98neongirl

I love this car. It is a completely new direction in Mopars, Matt Delaney spent so much time and money making it that way and he made it how he wanted it. It is a G-Machine, it isn't supposed to look like a concours restored Charger or your average Charger. It is a resto-mod car, he used viper elements & parts as a theme. I am building a model of this car as well so those pics are helpful...

The best thing is, this car is a whole hour away from me...I'm going to see it this weekend... :):):):):):):)

Silver R/T

its a beautiful machine indeed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blakcharger440

Yes it is a beatiful machine! Neongirl I envy you getting to see it in person!  :icon_smile_big:
I like everything about that car except i would have used a Dana instead of the 8 3/4 and maybe would have
kept the torsion bar suspension instead of that 4link ladder bar setup it has although it looks to be quite adjustable.

I think the rumors of the car driving like crap were probably started by some chibby guys who were jealous of
the car. I mean how worse could it go around corners than it did from stock as we all know
how well they drove stock....not that good compared to todays sedans.
I betcha it drives alot better....oh yeah I love the wheel and tire combo as very few have pulled
it off so nicely as the wheels do not overpower the car.

Mike DC

--  $85,000 list price.  

--  Multiple owners since completion 3 years ago.

--  Driven 2200 miles since completion 3 years ago.

I swear, that's a perfect example of the truth about custom-made heim joint suspensions and 19" wheels with no sidewalls.  Three years, three owners, and the car doesn't need an oil change yet.

These aren't real cars.  The owners can insist "We actually do (or "We plan on) driving the car all the time."  But I still think it's almost always bullshit.

dkn1997

I suppose that when you sell a big dollar car like that, you sort of open yourself up to some criticism which is why I feel comfortable saying this:

-it's a sure grip, not a posi

-and for the 6 figure price this thing will probably bring down, make at least some effort to get the road rash off .
  Looks like he ran it through the full serve car wash and broke out the camera
RECHRGED

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 10, 2006, 07:22:46 PM
--  $85,000 list price.  

--  Multiple owners since completion 3 years ago.

--  Driven 2200 miles since completion 3 years ago.

I swear, that's a perfect example of the truth about custom-made heim joint suspensions and 19" wheels with no sidewalls.  Three years, three owners, and the car doesn't need an oil change yet.

These aren't real cars.  The owners can insist "We actually do (or "We plan on) driving the car all the time."  But I still think it's almost always bullshit.

Well said  :iagree: I've heard the same things mentioned above...horrible ride quality and major suspension geometry issues. Sometimes leaving well enough alone is a good thing.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Moparstud440

It has awesome craftmanship, but them wheels have gotta go!

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 10, 2006, 07:22:46 PM

It's supposed to be 3 months/3,000 miles not 3 years/ 3,000 miles. ;D

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: bull on March 10, 2006, 03:45:47 AM
I really like that car, except for the wheels.

The wheels are GREAT, except he needs smaller Fronts...  (It goes along with the Viper Theme)...