News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

center console

Started by cheech51, March 01, 2014, 03:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is there a template

is there a template
2 (66.7%)
whats best way
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

cheech51

my 69 charger never had a center console. I want to install one. is there a template to show where the mounting brackets go ?

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bull

Other people have asked for pics and measurements on this site but as far as a template you can get in the mail or something I don't believe one exists. Do a search on the topic and one of the threads about it should pop up.

moparsr2fast

One possible option would be to loosely attatch the brackets to the underside of the console, then position the whole setup where you want it in the car. Mark the floor with a marker where the brackets are, then you can safely weld them into place after removing them from the console.
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

fy469rtse

Good advice , but how I did it for a friend who replaced his floors , he forgot to measure everything and threw out old floors , small garage
Drill the hole for the linkage that goes through floor , connect you floor shift linkages up
have your gear shift and mount and sit that there first, console has two screws into rear of floor shift mount, so tack that bracket first then you can screw the brackets to console and try it in , screw it floor shift mount first,
And see how it looks and this when you can tack weld front and rear brackets in , this with just the console body so you can see through to floor, remember console sit over on the hump to left or driver, it's all positioned around floor shift