News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary

Started by twodko, February 28, 2014, 11:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I gave Legendary Auto Interiors a call yesterday after swapping my bucket seats about button caps coming off.
They are sending me 5 new buttons to replace the 2 that are missing and some spares. Top shelf customer service.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

ODZKing

They did the same for my 73 seats.
But the buttons shouldn't come off.  A chronic problem for them.

sanders7981

Heard the same thing from numerous folks... Not sure if PUI used the same production process for their buttons, but I didn't install them  to avoid the potential issue all together.  Just hanging on to the buttons incase I decide to put them on in the future. 

twodko

A fellow non-recovering Moparoholic has had a couple of these button caps come off as well. His fix was to dab a light coat of clear Gorilla glue inside the cap and press it back on. They haven't come back off. I'm going to give that fix a go myself.

sanders7981

Good tip...  :2thumbs:  will keep that in my brain housing group for later reference should I go that route.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

el dub

If they don't do the buttons right what else are they doing wrong. I asked who used what in this section and didn't get a real answere. I searched the forum first looking at different manufactures but most of the posts were from a long time ago. I was looking for someone who used a company recently as I was looking for the best deal. I know you get what you pay for so am not opposed to spending some money. I looked up Legendary today and saw another heading under legendary called ripoff report and saw this statement.

I ordered a complete interior for my show car from Legendary Auto interiors. As the upholstery technician was installing, there was defects. The seat upholstery had visible stitch holes and sewn crooked. I called Legendary - they said to send some pictures and they would sew and send a replacement PDQ. I emailed the pictures. But another person at Legendary started to demand one thing after another and said this was the first of many steps. Legendary's word is useless. They made it so difficult, it would cost more than the seat upholstery was worth. Their quality has went downhill and their word is worthless and their warranty - it's a joke. I had my upholstery person repair the legendary defective seat material. It is very upsetting to purchase a product and then spend additional money to repair. Next time I will order upholstery stock from a credible company and have my upholstery person sew and install. Save yourself the grief, stay away from Legendary, they are not a credible company. Based on the lack of quality, I wonder if the upholstery is shipped in from China.

For the amount of money these interior parts cost I would think you should get top quality. Buttons popping off is not top quality in my book. So I guess I'll keep looking. I was at a excellent upholster shop today and the owner told me that the Year One prices were comparable to what he would charge. Anyone buy interiors from Year One? Or know of a another credible company? thanks

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

sanders7981

I bought PUI, through a local vendor.  I heard that YO is now using hem as well.  I did an install thread on here... Check it out.  PUI costs way less then legendary, and was easier to install based on the extra few things that legendary requires of their seats.  You will see what I mean if you search for legendary auto interiors 69 charger seat install on youtube. 

Dino

You'd think the interior would be the first thing I'd buy since mine is green and worn our, but I cannot bring myself to spend that amount of money for a mediocre product.  That button issue has been going on for over a decade.  Ridiculous.

I decided a long time ago that my interior would look completely stock design wise but all vinyl would be replaced with high quality black leather.  I know people that are real good with a sowing machine, I'll ask them to help me out.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

el dub

Thanks for the info Sanders, but I'm only looking to do the door panels. My seats have already been done and my front upper pads, Just Dashes did those a long time ago. Talked to them and am going to send one front upper pad to them and they will match the back uppers to them. So I still need the lower panels front and back.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

twodko

I post this just as food for thought. When we restored our car the body shop urged us to get the new interior and vinyl top installed after they finished all the body work before they painted the car.
They did not want an upholstery guy climbing in and out of the car or installing the new VT
around their fresh paint. They were right!

I was concerned about the new interior/VT getting coated with the inevitable body shop dust........and it did to some degree even though the shop did a great job covering it all with plastic sheeting before the final body work/painting process.

The shop's recommendation to have the upholstery done first turned out to be the absolute best course of action because the upholstery guy, while installing the VT, pushed in the top sheet metal on the fender hips below the sail panels.  :icon_smile_angry:

I didn't notice it when I picked the car up but the body shop sure did.

Cleaning up the coat of body shop dust turned out to be an easy task. First, I blew off as much of it as I could in my driveway with an air hose. Then finished it up by hand inside the garage. It looked as fresh and virgin as the day I drove it back to the body shop for paint.

Forgot to mention.....when we initially brought the car to the body shop I had covered and taped the entire dashboard with clear plastic sheeting.

Ghoste

Has no one tried to attach the buttons more firmly before they installed the covers?

tsmithae

his may be a bit off topic but I too have had issues with legendary.  My issue was with the quality of material used. The factory used a lot better, thicker material than legendary did.  I have pictures and contacted them regarding this and they would never respond to me...

Scroll down about 2/3 the way just below the section about the foam.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=1920.0
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

sanders7981

Quote from: el dub on March 07, 2014, 11:51:38 AM
Thanks for the info Sanders, but I'm only looking to do the door panels. My seats have already been done and my front upper pads, Just Dashes did those a long time ago. Talked to them and am going to send one front upper pad to them and they will match the back uppers to them. So I still need the lower panels front and back.

My door panels are from PUI as well.  I can't complain as I have never used any other panels, but there is a guy on ebay that sells door panels made entirely out of ABS plastic that can be dyed or made in certain colors to match your interior. 

Dino

Quote from: tsmithae on March 07, 2014, 01:17:53 PM
his may be a bit off topic but I too have had issues with legendary.  My issue was with the quality of material used. The factory used a lot better, thicker material than legendary did.  I have pictures and contacted them regarding this and they would never respond to me...

It needs a login...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tsmithae

Quote from: Dino on March 07, 2014, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: tsmithae on March 07, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

It needs a login...

Huh, that's odd..  however, here are the important pics.

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0