News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story.

Started by TruckDriver, February 26, 2014, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The two pet peeves I have with some 18 wheelers are:

1. riding slow, refusing to pass (aka, rolling roadblock) when an interstate narrows to one lane. This often causes a backup for a mile or more, prior to the merge.

2. pulling out on an uphill grade to pass another rig, only to ride beside them for the next mile or two (another rolling roadblock).

I drive over 60,000 miles/yr., but not in an 18 wheeler, so I know professional driving, and those two examples are not it  :Twocents:

c00nhunterjoe

My 70 ton M88 will tow a 70 ton M1 at 30 mph..... and that pisses people off at work all the time.

polywideblock

over here ALL trucks are limited to 100 KPH  so there is no way one can go faster than the other  ,but come to any divided road and they insist on sitting side by side for miles even on three lane highways  :yesnod:  and they wonder why people pass them on dangerous bits of the road  :shruggy:  simple because every time there's a passing lane they hog it

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Dino on February 28, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 28, 2014, 12:53:21 PM
Remember the Fed. Man. 85 mph Speedos?

Never seen an 85mph speed limit....perhaps you meant 55? 

Not the speed limit, the actual speedometer.  Look up a Delorean dash.   :coolgleamA:

I don't know what you mean Dino, this one goes all the way to 1955!

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Dino

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on March 04, 2014, 07:40:54 PM
Quote from: Dino on February 28, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 28, 2014, 12:53:21 PM
Remember the Fed. Man. 85 mph Speedos?

Never seen an 85mph speed limit....perhaps you meant 55? 

Not the speed limit, the actual speedometer.  Look up a Delorean dash.   :coolgleamA:

I don't know what you mean Dino, this one goes all the way to 1955!

:smilielol:

Unfortunately, even 1.21 gigawatts won't even propel the damn thing fast enough to keep up with a Camry!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ramit

Funny that I stumbled upon this after having a really nasty run in with a truck driver just north of Vegas last Saturday.  I am not normally one that flips people off but this trucker really pissed me off.   I was in the left lane heading out of Vegas doing about 78mph and he was in the right lane going around 70 mph or so.   As I began to pass him he was approaching another trucker in his lane that was going quite a bit slower than him so he decided he was going to move into my lane and just about run me off the road.   I slammed on the breaks and swerved to avoid being run into the ditch at almost 80mph.   As if that wasn't bad enough as I passed him a few miles up the road he waved me by in a angry way as if he was trying to say he wanted me to hurry up and go around him...at that point I decided to give him a friendly finger wave and continue on my way.   Next thing I know he is right on my ass so I stepped on it to get the hell away from him.   Apparently this truck had no governor because he began to chase me down the freeway going over 110 mph.   My wife was scared as hell and told me to lose him so after about 5 miles of him chasing me at speeds of well over 100 mph I took an exit at the last second so he couldn't follow me.   I wish my wife and I would have thought to get video of him chasing us down the freeway at those speeds because I wanted to call 911 on him and tell the authorities there is a freaking lunatic in a 18 wheeler driving over 100 mph down the freeway.   I was hoping that maybe someone else saw what happened and called the police but I will probably never know.   Aside from flipping him off I didn't do anything wrong and once he started tailgating me I wasn't about to slow down and pull over.    In fact I think this guy was crazy enough that he would have pushed me right off the road.   

myk

If I had a dollar for every time a trucker almost ran me off of the road I'd either be very rich or dead.  You know what?  I don't care.  People make mistakes, be it intentional or not.  What's the point of giving someone the finger or otherwise responding to a situation like that?  All it can do is escalate the situation from a benign, harmless one into a vengeful, violent one. 

People need to not take things personally on the road.  Some people are just bad drivers.  Others make mistakes.  Some are guilty of both, it's got nothing to do with YOU.  Who gives a damn anyway?  Be happy that no one was injured and just move forward with your life already...

ramit

I was just venting a little...I never said I wasn't moving on with my life.

Green71R/T

Venting is ok. I have seen both sides not only driving for a living but having to load stranded vehicles on freeways.try as we might we can not control other peoples poor decisions. getting angry generally does not help situations.looking after personal safety does.

v21hemicharger

In California the speed limit for trucks is 55.  Most drive at 60.  Today on I-5 there were three trucks in line.  One was almost passed the first truck as I was coming up behind him.  The third truck in line decided to pull out right in front of me doing 75 in a Dually with a cabover camper on.  Yes I had to hit the brakes pretty good.  There were no cars immediately behind me and if he had waited less than 10 seconds I would have been by.  He then decides to pass both of the trucks now doing 62 MPH.  Once he moved over I jumped in front of him and proceeded to go his limit of 55 for at least a mile.  There were at least 9 cars that had stacked up behind me so he couldn't get over.  No finger, just a dose of his own.  If you can't watch your mirrors and have some common courtesy and skills, then he should be doing the posted speed limit.