News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking FAB9...

Started by Grim Jhaixus, March 25, 2014, 07:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Jhaixus

What you guys think of the FAB9 system? Are any of you are experienced with it? General idea of the end-cost? Fact is it's time to get off my ass and get this busted 8 1/4" out from under my 413 (440 is way behind schedule, doing it MAX, might be done by 2020). My 8 3/4" went MIA so before I go dig up a dirt cheap Ford 9" somewhere I have some wiggle room in my budget I thought I'd ask around.
"Scars" 1973 Base 318/904 Originally B5

Married on November 23rd, 2009
Fried all the electricals two weeks after purchase
Set on fire ~twice~
Overheated til it would diesel a full five minutes ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

Grim Jhaixus

Oh, uh, for anyone else interested in FAB9 or wants to know what it is all I can say is I heard about it from a body shop that specializes in resto-modding classic muscle cars. These guys swear by the FAB9 like it's a golden gift from Jesus but they rarely get Mopars. Here's a link:

https://www.cachassisworks.com/c-778-fab9-custom-fit-pro-street.aspx

Set on fire ~twice~

Never once didn't start, never stranded me, never once did not take me where I needed to go. Daily driver of 4+ years.

Currently undergoing 413/727 swap after I finally beat the 318 til it lost a headgasket. The kicker is the 318 still cranks and runs like nothing is wrong. I love my ca

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Grim Jhaixus

I like 9s better. I'm a Ford nerd that happens to be in love with 3rd gen Chargers.

I think about mounting a 429 in a Charger shell all the time...

Honest I like 9" gear options and durability. Easy to come by, cheap, durable, fit right in. Disk conversion is cheaper too. I'll most likely go Ford 9" and try the FAB9 later on. I'll be sure to post about it.

Set on fire ~twice~

Cooter

Don't like faB9 stuff. Too much flex under race conditions. (Trans brake).
Then again, not a fan of 9" rear either. I prefer both axles to be the same length.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Grim Jhaixus

They flex in a 4-link setup?

That's all I need to hear.

Set on fire ~twice~