News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

gschmidt211

There were some okay deals, depending on what you were looking for.  A lot of stuff was about 10K over priced.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

bakerhillpins

Busy weekend. Sorry I missed so many folks and didn't have more time to socialize.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

resq302

I was able to make the pic at 1 pm then had another group photo for the Mopar Maniacs which I ended up missing out on due to being at the wrong location.  After that I had to split as my wifes grandmother had another heart attack yesterday morning and we found out just after we got to Carlisle.  She is in pretty bad shape with her kidneys shutting down, second heart attack within a week, and now a bunch of broken ribs from them reviving her doing CPR.  She is 86 and has had a good life but I honestly don't know how much more she can endure.  I think if she has another heart attack she is gone.

I will try to post a pic of the group photo tonight when I am at work.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Tilar

Wow Brian, sorry to hear about your wifes grandmother. We'll keep her and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TUFCAT

I hope someone has the "official photo"... I was MIA (using a nearby blue kitty litter box) and got back there after the camera's came out ....a cat's gotta go when a cat's gotta go!!)  

resq302

Quote from: Tilar on July 13, 2014, 06:10:19 PM
Wow Brian, sorry to hear about your wifes grandmother. We'll keep her and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Dave.  Its not a good outlook.  If she makes it past 2 weeks, I will be surprised.  She is stable now but still on a breathing tube.  Docs said that if she has another heart attack, they don't think she will make it out of that one.   :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Brian

Mytur Binsdirti

resq302

Brian

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 13, 2014, 06:54:01 PM
Where's the picture of Mycooters Bindirti?     :shruggy:

"Bindirti" ??  ...you really need to wash your Cooter!  :eek2:   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

resq302

Thats Mytur's relative.... Mycutr!    :smilielol:

Walking the swap meet, I came across the all popular Mopar Belle and had some nice conversation with her about car restoration and such.  I was even lucky enough to get a pic with her!

Brian

white

My kids had fun to, was not able to stay long had to leave in a few hours. Great time.

white

That's me in the blue shirt bottom right and my kids holding the banner.

resq302

I'm in the red shirt behind Shelby who is holding the one end of the sign in the yellow shirt.
Brian

Cooter

That's me way in the background wrenchin on a buddies General Lee. If you look real close, you can see the wife's little scooter she had to ride due to her back.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

toocheaptosmoke

Got up a little before 5 on saturday, my cousin was running a bit late so we didn't get on the road until about 6.  Drafted my cuz into going, because it's always easier pushing a car with two people...  He's not a mopar guy, and I took abuse all day about how he felt embarrassed to be riding in such a POS.  :lol:  As soon as he got in he wanted to know what was wrong with the seats, I said nothing, they're just 43 years old!  So, with radio cranked, we set off for the show, it takes about 4 hours to get to Carlisle.  The car was running pretty good and it was nice and cool outside.  I was a bit worried about arriving at the fairgrounds at the busiest time, but even though traffic was backed and congested the entire way up to the gate it was only 5 minutes to register and get into the showfield.  :2thumbs:

Luckily was able to find a spot to park, and soon went to work getting ready to hit the swap.  Was able to cram my dolly in the trunk, always got to have that or a wagon when at a swap!  Started weaving through the swap area, eventually came across a couple nice 80's era wheels and dragged those back to the car, having premium parking next to the swap meet is awesome!  Later I almost bought a couple more crusty cragers, but worried a bit about the structural integrity of the aluminum/steel setup?  Did my part to empty out some of the dollar and 25 cent boxes.  Even bought a '70 satellite grille for wall art just because I couldn't pass up a deal.   Missed the 1:00 photo, was in deep out at the far corner of the swap area.  Never did find a tail light cover or headlight door motor.  Should have paced myself better going through the swap, tried to do it all at once and was getting burned out.

Eventually it was getting pretty hot out in the sun, and were discussing how hot it was going to be on the ride home.  I don't own any vehicles with a/c so I'm kind of used to it, but my cousin wasn't too enthused.  :lol:  Probably doesn't help I have bare black metal floors with headers either...   Having already blown enough money on registration and gas, we left and hit up sheetz for some cheap grub.   Hit the road and even the air at 70 mph still felt hot, the brittle vinyl under the seat covers just reflected all the heat right back to your azz.  :flame:  New seats are on the priority list.  Also need to get some better rear tires, mud terrains are so loud I almost need a better stereo.  Got home and found the front oil seal on the timing chain cover starting to weep so need to fix that eventually. 

All in all it was a great time though, got a lot of laughs with the car.  Everybody seemed to have a different story about how they had a car in that condition at one time or another, or what they would do if they had a car like that.  There was also some looks of shock/horror/disgust. :o   But I don't take the car or myself that seriously anyways, so it was all good.  :icon_smile_big:

Did 448 miles yesterday, total gas used was 24.1 gallons = 18.6 mpg.  Little bit disappointed, was hoping to break into the 20's, but there's still some work to be done with carb and timing.  Doing about 70 most of the time probably didn't help either. 

TUFCAT

Quote from: Cooter on July 13, 2014, 08:03:41 PM
That's me way in the background wrenchin on a buddies General Lee. If you look real close, you can see the wife's little scooter she had to ride due to her back.

Toocheaptosmoke, that was a great story. Thanks for posting!

Cooter, don't be such a hater :icon_smile_big:  I was asking if anyone knew where you were....seriously :yesnod: !  Why didn't you come by and say hello? :shruggy:

bill440rt

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 13, 2014, 07:48:30 PM
Quote from: resq302 on July 13, 2014, 06:45:56 PM
Group pic!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh6s7uolgvr7jhl/IMG_0345.JPG

Who, is who?  :shruggy:

Let's see if I can give this a whirl. (I'm terrible with names, so if I miss anyone please reply & add your name or make a correction.)  :2thumbs:

From left to right:
bill440rt (Me!)
billfury
Troy
? (white shirt)
PlainfieldCharger
MYTUR BINSDIRTI
BananaDan
Shelby
resq302
? (white shirt/black cap)
Igor (Tufcat Sr.)
ChrychoPsycho
? (black shirt, white cap)
? (shades)
69charger2002
Jackie
Old Moparz
white
bakerhillpins

As usual, GREAT seeing everyone again. It was a pleasure meeting Plainfield Charger & 69charger2002 for the first time as well.
If Cooter came by the tent, I'd be there to shake his hand as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69CoronetRT

Quote from: resq302 on July 13, 2014, 07:19:40 PM
Thats Mytur's relative.... Mycutr!    :smilielol:

Walking the swap meet, I came across the all popular Mopar Belle and had some nice conversation with her about car restoration and such.  I was even lucky enough to get a pic with her!

Nice lady. Watch for pictures of her posing with a purple 6bbl RR coming to an Internet near you.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Moparman01

I was there Thursday-Saturday, but not with a Charger tho, we were there with my fathers '70 440 Cuda under the big tree in the first row of E-bodies! Due to the possibility of bad weather up our way we headed home Sunday morning instead of coming over to the fairgrounds for a little while like we usually do. Man this was one of the best Mopar Carlisle's i can remember, we had am awesome time!! We've been coming down for about 15 years straight now, by far my favorite weekend of the year!! Since i'm now knee deep into my 68 Charger restoration, i really payed attention to some of the 2nd gen Chargers at the show, and as always there were some mighty fine examples to be seen!! Hopefully in another couple of years i'll be there with the Charger, fingers crossed! For now we'll be there with the 'Cuda!

My Dads 70 'Cuda next to our buddies purple/silver '70 'Cuda

Us upstate NY guys just getting to the motel early Thursday afternoon!

resq302

Brian

BananaDan

My Carlisle pics:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/dstrzelec/library/Carlisle%202014

I had a great time as usual.  It was great spending time with the guys for a weekend of car fun.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein