News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

What I always tell everyone is, if you are going for more than a day with someone other than yourself.
Bring a Mopar (any Mopar) and register it. No looking for parking, you'll be in the gate and on the field.
You don't have to park it in it's class if you don't want, there is "generic" parking on the back of the grounds where the vendors park.
In the long run you'll save $$$

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: ODZKing on March 03, 2014, 02:48:57 PM
What I always tell everyone is, if you are going for more than a day with someone other than yourself.
Bring a Mopar (any Mopar) and register it. No looking for parking, you'll be in the gate and on the field.
You don't have to park it in it's class if you don't want, there is "generic" parking on the back of the grounds where the vendors park.
In the long run you'll save $$$

Interesting......I remember now, I've heard this before

Any Mopar? Somehow I didn't think my 96 Cummins would qualify :scratchchin:

No doubt, something interesting might find it's way into the bed for the ride home...... :coolgleamA:

Of course my lady would try to limit the coin I bring with me, to prevent that. She has this strange idea I should finish at least one project before I start getting parts for another one.

Ghoste

Women just do not understand the parts acquisition thing is a direct offshoot of our natural hunter/gatherer instincts.  Its the result of millions of years of evolution and when we indulge that instinct what we are really doing is telling our mates how much we care for them.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 28, 2014, 06:42:49 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 28, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

I and the boys will be there.   :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

Along with the Charger?

Tuffy with the Coronet?

Well, I would love to bring the Charger but I have lots of projects competing for my time. We have been living with a partially renovated kitchen for 7 yrs now and it's not just the wife that's sick of it. If my work load this winter is any indication it's unlikely, but you never know. Keep a positive outlook.  :2thumbs:

Quote from: bill440rt on February 28, 2014, 09:04:44 PM
I think that's mini-Richard.  :lol:

Tuffy & Baker, together again. I predict more stories to tell the grandkids someday.  :lol:  :2thumbs:
Should be a blast.  :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing members again, & meeting those I haven't.

YEP THAT'S ALEX AS MINI RICHARD... Darn it, COCKSLAP was stuck on again.  :D

I am not staying at the QI this year, but rather at the same shack you and TUFFY are down the street.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

billfury

Add me to the list.Looking forward to seeing you guys again.  :cheers:

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2014, 06:26:46 AM
Women just do not understand the parts acquisition thing is a direct offshoot of our natural hunter/gatherer instincts.  Its the result of millions of years of evolution and when we indulge that instinct what we are really doing is telling our mates how much we care for them.
Outstanding explanation.   :2thumbs:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: ODZKing on March 04, 2014, 09:14:07 AM
Outstanding explanation.   :2thumbs:

X1000

Thanks for that.......that's too good to waste on something small......will save for the appropriate sized purchase. :yesnod:

Seriously, my lady is ......mostly supportive and tolerant of my hobby[addiction] as I am of her.......various insanities.

PlainfieldCharger

:notworthy:

GL#10

Ill be there , last year was a great source of 68-70 charger parts , hope this year is the same .

Cooter

Women just do not understand the parts acquisition thing is a direct offshoot of our natural hunter/gatherer instincts.  Its the result of millions of years of evolution and when we indulge that instinct what we are really doing is telling our mates how much we care for them.

Git the right one, and they enjoy hunting bargains just as much, if not more than you. That's why I hope we can get a chair/scooter of some sort this year for the wifey.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 03, 2014, 09:34:45 PM

Interesting......I remember now, I've heard this before

Any Mopar? Somehow I didn't think my 96 Cummins would qualify :scratchchin:

I drove our 1998 GCL 5.9L, which is a Jeep, but has a pentastar. :Twocents:

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on March 04, 2014, 07:01:03 PM

Git tge right one, and they enjoy hunting bargains just as much, if not more than you. That's why I hope we can get a chair/scooter of some sort this year for the wifey.

Call the organizers and see if they have them and if so reserve one.  I could hook you up with a scooter in Mi but unfortunately have no connections in Pa. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Old Moparz

Might need a little work, but this looks cool to get around the swap meet with.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TUFCAT

Here's a story about scooter rental at Carlisle  :fireangry:

A couple of years ago it was hot and muggy as usual and my Dad was also feeling tired and out of breath from walking. So I finally convinced him to check into the scooter thing. This was just six months after his heart attack January.  When he came back without a scooter I thought they were out of them - but get this....he almost had another heart attack telling me how PISSED he was that scooters cost $90/per hour!  

So I immediately went over to the rental place and have a few words with them.  They didn't seem to give a shit. They basically said if your father has a heart condition then he should have brought his own scooter, or not attend the show. I told the lady I don't want to BUY her F'-ing scooter - just rent it. :flame:  Long story short, to avoid an issue with Fairground Secrurity, ... I left nicely. :brickwall:

It was the most utterly insincere thing I've ever heard. The only reason I didn't get irate and start sending letters to everyone involved with Carlisle productions was that this outfit is not affiliated with "Carlisle productions" but are operated by the fairgrounds....which is a shame.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

They are taking advantage of people, and its downright disgraceful if you ask me.

Old Moparz

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 04, 2014, 10:53:02 PM
Here's a story about scooter rental at Carlisle  :fireangry:

A couple of years ago my Dad was feeling sick because it was hot and muggy like usual. He was also feeling tired so I finally convinced him to check into the scooter thing. This was just six months after his heart attack January.  When he came back without a scooter I thought they were out of them - but get this....he almost had another heart attack telling me how PISSED he was that scooters cost $90/per hour! I couldn't believe it either.

So I immediately went over to the rental place and have a few words with them.  They didn't seem to give a shit. They basically said if your father has a heart condition he should have brought his own scooter, or not attend the show.  :flame:

It was the most utterly insincere thing I've ever heard. The only reason I didn't get irate and start sending letters to everyone involved with Carlisle productions was that this outfit is not affiliated with "Carlisle productions" but are operated by the fairgrounds....which is a shame.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

They are taking advantage of people, and its downright disgraceful if you ask me.

That sucks.  ::)

Not sure of the difference in the time frame but a friend of mine who had had back surgery was thinking about going to Carlisle & called about a scooter. He was told he couldn't bring one & had to rent one from the fair grounds.  :shruggy:  Was too expensive so he stayed home.
               Bob                

Ghoste

Operated by the fairgrounds?  Who owns the fairgrounds and Carlisle Productions?  (the Miller family)

TUFCAT

Bob, this is what it says on the website...

"Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis."

Old Moparz

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 04, 2014, 11:05:29 PM
Bob, this is what it says on the website...

"Disabled guests are welcome to enter with their own wheelchairs and three- or four-wheeled electric convenience vehicle (ECV). Disabled individuals may rent an electric convenience vehicle from our authorized vendor located just inside gate three with appropriate credentials. ECV rentals are limited and are available on a frst-come, first-served basis."

Well, my friend tried this more than just a few years ago, it may have been closer to 10 now that I think about it. Also, he was smoking a lot of pot back then & may have called wal-mart & didn't know it.  :lol:
               Bob                

TUFCAT

LOL. :icon_smile_big:  At Wal-Mart you can ride them for free!

Ghoste

So if you can get it out the door you own it for free?

TheAutoArchaeologist

For the first time ever.... I plan on attending Carlisle.  I have a big barn find shoot just NW of there, then I plan on shooting down and enjoying the show!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Devil on March 05, 2014, 01:00:18 AM
For the first time ever.... I plan on attending Carlisle.  I have a big barn find shoot just NW of there, then I plan on shooting down and enjoying the show!

Be nice to finally meet you Ryan.  Make sure you drop by the tent ( are we going to have one?) for the annual photo shoot.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bill440rt

Member list updated again.  :cheers:
Any way it can be posted at the top of the thread so it's more visible? Currently the list is on pg 3.

Cooter, my dad rented a scooter at Carlisle a few years back. He is not able to walk long distances, & reserved it in advance. I do not remember him paying anywhere near $90/hr for it. He said it was the best thing he ever did that weekend to see the whole show.
Tuffy, that is shocking to hear.  :o
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

4cruzin

So far:

TUFCAT
Bob
Tilar
Mytur Binsdirti
Cooter (?)
XS29L9Bxxxxxx
Just 6T9 CHGR
bill440rt
Ghoste (?)
ODZKing
moparstuart (?)
NHCharger
69CoronetRT
c00nhunterjoe (?)
4cruzin
r4daytona
PlainfieldCharger
mopar0166
white
toocheaptosmoke
BananaDan
firefighter3931
KamKuda
Brads70
bakerhillpins
Charger_Dart
dyslexic teddybear (?)
billfury
GL#10
Devil

Copy and paste to add your name!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

4cruzin

That is 30 members . . .  if everyone signs up using the dodgecharger club name, that would be a free tent!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .