News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals 2014 - Share your memories and event photos here!!

Started by TUFCAT, February 23, 2014, 12:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 15, 2014, 05:27:17 AM
Cool beans Bill!  :thumbs:

Well deserved & Mopar couldn't find a better representative from a Stock as well as Modified perspective.

:cheers:

:iagree:

:2thumbs:  congratulations Bill !! awesome stuff  :cheers: :cheers:  love that color combo  :drool5: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ODZKing

Congrads Bill.   :2thumbs:
The entire weekend this year seemed to go way too fast. Seemed like faster than the usual Carlisle weekend!
Anyway, some pics from the weekend.
http://www.retrorarities.com/Carlisle2014/index.htm

el dub

Nice pics ODZKing. I've been expecting more pics, but so far only Banana Dan and Dual Fours and you have put up some. Lets see some more.  :cheers: 
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 14, 2014, 02:36:38 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 14, 2014, 01:38:31 PM

You should have stopped by the tent & not be so full of yourself.   :lol:

Thankfully he didn't as I almost piss myself when facing 10 angry guys just wait in to serve up a yankee ass whoopin.

Fixed it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter

Quote from: Cooter on July 14, 2014, 11:24:42 AM

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 14, 2014, 09:49:51 AM

You're just being chickenshit.    :smilielol:
wasn't gonna say nothin, but five hard MF's had to confront a certain wannabe that swiped Jeff's steering wheel power steering center. Thought he was being funny. Messin with one of about ten's car? Even as a joke, big mistake.

Btw:  speaking of chickenshit, where was you? I was there.

I've been to this show every year but the first one.  :cheers:

If you read Bill's post about who is who in the group photo, I'm in it.

You should have stopped by the tent. I wouldn't talk nowhere near the amount of shit i do here in person, so no need to be confrontational.   :lol:

fixed it. The ones that count know how to find us. Nobody else under that tent deserves my time.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Old Moparz

I forget who I was talking to at the show about the fairgrounds itself, but I mentioned it used to be a racetrack for trotters. I was both right & wrong. It was a racetrack for trotters, but also for car racing. I don't remember what year they bulldozed the track but I do remember walking around the white fence at the border back in the early 1980's when I first started going there. Vendors used to set up around the fence where there were trees & the aisles went in all directions making it difficult to know which one you walked down or missed.  :shruggy:

There are some cool vintage photos on this site.....
http://www.thevintageracer.com/carlisle/carlisle_fairgrounds1.htm
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 14, 2014, 02:36:38 PM

You should have stopped by the tent & not be so full of yourself.   :lol:

Thankfully he didn't as I almost piss myself when facing 10 angry guys just wait in to serve up a yankee ass whoopin.

Fixed it. The ones that count know how to find us. Nobody else under that tent deserves my time.

You're so full of it, you should change your screen name to Chet.    :lol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:34:51 AM

Quote from: Cooter on July 14, 2014, 11:24:42 AM

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 14, 2014, 09:49:51 AM

You're just being chickenshit.    :smilielol:
wasn't gonna say nothin, but five hard MF's had to confront a certain wannabe that swiped Jeff's steering wheel power steering center. Thought he was being funny. Messin with one of about ten's car? Even as a joke, big mistake.

Btw:  speaking of chickenshit, where was you? I was there.

If you read Bill's post about who is who in the group photo, I'm in it.

You should have stopped by the tent. I wouldn't talk nowhere near the amount of shit i do here in person, so no need to be confrontational.   :lol:

fixed it.

I have news for you Coot, I say & type the same things on line that I do in person. Also, I am not at all worried about facing or meeting anyone I have disagreed with about any topic.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

Cooter

Cooter

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 15, 2014, 11:42:19 AM

I have news for you Coot, I say & type the same things on line that I do in person. Also, I am not at all worried about facing or meeting anyone I have disagreed with about any topic.  :Twocents:

Sometimes it's the ones that are completely oblivious to the fact that someone's actually doing them a favor by staying on his side, that they tend to say stupid shit like calling out somebody for being chickenshit. When in fact, after it's all said and done, these types are the ones that can't see the forest for the trees. I prefer to hang around people that are smarter than this. That's all. No hate, just fact. I've never said two things to you. Thr ass? Well, he's a typical yankee like afore mentioned, that can hear the whistle blowing, feel the rails shaking, but will turn and ask what happened when he gets hit by that train. Again, I'm doing you a favor....take it.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:34:51 AM
fixed it. The ones that count know how to find us. Nobody else under that tent deserves my time.

Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:49:07 AM
Pot and kettle there turd. Btw eat shit and live yankee. :2thumbs:

Quote from: Cooter on July 15, 2014, 11:58:14 AM

Sometimes it's the ones that are completely oblivious to the fact that someone's actually doing them a favor by staying on his side, that they tend to say stupid shit like calling out somebody for being chickenshit. When in fact, after it's all said and done, these types are the ones that can't see the forest for the trees. I prefer to hang around people that are smarter than this. That's all. No hate, just fact. I've never said two things to you. Thr ass? Well, he's a typical yankee like afore mentioned, that can hear the whistle blowing, feel the rails shaking, but will turn and ask what happened when he gets hit by that train. Again, I'm doing you a favor....take it.

I started this thread so I feel entitled to make a point right here.  :RantExplode:

This thread is about sharing memories and photos of Carlisle, and its been nice and friendly so far.  :icon_smile_cool:

As far as I'm concerned Coot, we don't have any issues personally but if you take shots at members you could create problems for yourself. Let's ignore this and continue to add positive posts.  

Mytur Binsdirti

I love the tough talk on the internet, but when the chance comes to (finally) putting a face to the name, shaking hands and sharing a laugh or two, you just act like you're just too good for everyone, which really does make you look like a Chethead. but then again, maybe you did do everyone a favor by not showing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8

Riddle me this cootman; if you think that you really are too good for us lowly pee-ons, why even bother chiming in here?   ::)

TUFCAT

Old Moparz

Not sure why you decided to go off the deep end here over a comment made as a joke, but it definitely tells me you are thin skinned, self conscious or perhaps simply thinking it's all about you once again. And you're right, you have not said two things to me & I have not seen anything posted by you that can be taken negatively towards me until now. You can also go back over every single post I've ever made & I can guarantee that I have never said anything to you in the past that would be considered confrontational either. The comments I made in this thread were followed by the laughing emoticons, but maybe you thought they were reflections in the monitor of actual people from way up north standing behind you & laughing at you.
               Bob                

TUFCAT

Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is to create fellowship among members. If Cooter chooses not to participate with us at Carlisle that's fine.

Cooter, please spare us with your negative comments about the group after the fact. You don't have to like us, or even participate at the tent, but don't bash long standing members like Bob and others. :poke:  

Nwcharger

I never made it Carlisle. Trans blew up in my diesel truck. Did spend the weekend with nhcharger as he had trans issues in his truck as well. All the more reason to go next year.
1969 coronet wagon

resq302

Sheesh.  You two can keep your trans issues up there.  My new(er) 2012 Ram doesn't need any issues!  I got rid of the Ford cause of that!  lol
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Nwcharger

Quote from: resq302 on July 15, 2014, 01:46:49 PM
Sheesh.  You two can keep your trans issues up there.  My new(er) 2012 Ram doesn't need any issues!  I got rid of the Ford cause of that!  lol

Gas or diesel? Have a few friends that have had injector problems in there newer diesel rams. Not cheap i hear.
1969 coronet wagon

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Troy

Geez guys...

Not every member at Carlisle makes it to the tent. Nor are they expected to. There are typically many more on the grounds than at the tent on Saturday afternoon. Some are Vendors, have a car in a special display, or in charge of some other event. Heck, Tuffcat organized the group photo and then didn't even show up for it! ;) I typically try to track down people I know are around somewhere when I can. I actually used to carry around a list/map. I was way more organized then! If I'm walking around I usually have a purpose though so I can go right past someone without even recognizing them.

I haven't had a chance to go through my pictures yet. My most vivid memory at this point is driving through torrential rain at 20 mph for 6 hours on the way home. Glad I wasn't in one of the old ones after I spun the Challenger on an exit ramp in much lighter rain at the Nationals a few years ago. It was nice to see Chryco again and hearing Aero426's Ramo Stott Superbird when he was moving/loading it to leave. This is one of my favorite shows and about the only one that is a "must have" every year for me (except last year).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TUFCAT

Old Moparz

Bob                

bill440rt

Am I reading this right? Threats of bodily harm??
This sounds like elementary school recess.  ::)

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 15, 2014, 01:00:00 PM
Our Carlisle group event at the Dodgecharger.com tent is create fellowship among members.

That's it in a nutshell.
We all at some point disagree with the opinions of others. But we all have something that brings us together in common: the Dodge Charger.
Feelings get put aside, meet-n-greet with a smile, and have some fun. Pretty much everyone in the group photo is smiling, so it couldn't have been that miserable of a time.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

4cruzin

Quote from: Dino on July 14, 2014, 08:22:45 AM
Who's wearing the Michigan shirt?

That would be me sporting the Michigan shirt!  Go Blue!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .