News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Appraisal Help Wanted

Started by Sconni, February 23, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sconni

I have just had my 1969 charger RT restored. I would say it's 90% finished. Just a few accessories left to complete. My question is should I have the car appraised, and should I have it insured, and for what value should it be insured if it is not appraised. I am new to this forum, and kind of a car rookie, so any help would be appreciated. I live in very northern Wisconsin, so I'd also like to know if there are any appraisers in this part of the country. Thanks again.

72Charger-SE

I am not sure on the appraisal but I definitely feel strongly about Insurance.  I am very happy with Hagerty and will continue with them when the restoration is complete.  They understand the value of the classic cars and don't charge an arm and a leg to get complete coverage.  http://www.hagerty.com

F8-4life

Post up some pics and get some dc.com appraisals.

xs29bb1

I would definitely get the insurance, and whoever you go with you might just be able to float them a dollar figure you want the car insured for w/o an appraisal. 

I have State Farm.  They do insurance for classic vehicles, and it's very cheap.  Also, in the two cases where I've had them insure the car, I have just given them a fixed dollar amount I want the car insured for and they agreed w/ no fuss.  (they do require about 5-6 photos of the car though)

I have one car insured for 30k and it literally costs me only $250/yr. 

twodko

Most definitely get your car insured for an "agreed upon value". This is very important, you tell the insurance company what it would cost YOU to replace your car. They will want several good quality pictures and then they'll agree to the figure of negotiate from there.
I've used Hagerty and currently have Handcock classic car insurance.
I have mine insured for the total monies I have invested in it......which is lower than its current market value. I can only afford the premium I can afford.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

73rallye440magnum

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

cudaken

Might like to check this post out.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108657.0.html

Wanting to drive my Road Runner this summer. Be care full on limitations on when, where and how far you can drive your Charger.

Cuda Ken 
I am back

Homerr

Appraisal?  As stated, we here can give you an idea if you post some pics.  Appraisers just give opinions really, and there have been some really whacked ones posted before.

Insurance = yes!   I was looking at Hagerty rates the other day, very cheap.  They even have coverage for while a car is being restored.

The best thing is to add up all your costs as if you had to do it over again and insure it for replacement cost.

Sconni

Thanks for the input on insurance and appraisals. I will post pictures as soon as I get the car back from the shop. I also see that "twodko" has the same/similar charger as mine (Q5 440 RT).

twodko

Yessiree! For a heavy car my Q5 will pass just about everything but a gas station.  :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!