News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what my buddy bought

Started by gers1968rt, February 20, 2014, 07:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Quote from: myk on February 23, 2014, 10:40:31 AM
Quote from: Troy on February 23, 2014, 09:48:28 AM
Quote from: myk on February 23, 2014, 08:42:19 AM
I wouldn't post my VIN either... :shruggy:
Yeah, no kidding! Out of all the members here how many have publicly posted their VIN(s)? And most don't have anything nearly as rare as a Hemi Barracuda! Ditto for Moparts. Can't anyone just be excited/happy for the guy? Or at least for the car?

Troy

Of course not.   ::)  If someone manages a slice of happiness then the world just has to take a dump on them out of jealous spite.

I'd sooner post my social security number, address and bank card numbers as I would my vehicle VIN.  I would dare to say that anyone who would post their VIN publicly is extremely foolish and/or asking for trouble...

The DMV has your vin, so does your insurance company. Anytime you park your car, the vin can be found. :Twocents:

JB400

True, but you reduce the risks of theft by not posting it online.  It's like putting a neon sign on it. :P

ACUDANUT

75 percent of us have a Charger, that came with a 318.   Why hide a 318 car.

Cooter

Gee wiz, you guys really think he would post the COMPLETE VIN????
There are enough numbers in the first five or six numbers to tell if it's real or not. No need for sequence numbers, just the important ones.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2014, 11:57:50 AM
How is it a garage find, if it was never lost. :scratchchin:

Wonder if the new owner brought his own Vaseline? I know he bent over. Wonder how long before  .  This ones up for sale?
"Barn find!!! Uber rare, stupid money, crazy historical, one of only 18 or so left!!! Better get it before someone else does!!"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69white hat

I certainly didn't mean to say I wasn't happy for him. That's why I called it the most awesome cuda ever. Just didn't get the VIN thing is all. I didn't know they were secret as launch codes is all. I also didn't know someone could steal it if they knew the vin and if so I agree, don't post the whole thing. I hope he gets that car fixed up just the way he likes it and enjoys it thoroughly. Fyi the beginning of my vin is as follows: XP29G9B. Not exactly a rare car but gad I love her!!!