News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Project 68 R/T

Started by 68killerbee, January 20, 2014, 11:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68killerbee

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 21, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

That would make a GREAT parts car for my '68.  :scratchchin:
:scratchchin:

This really has become a dilemma for me.  Its just so rusty.  I already have a 68 super bee that my dad and I fixed up when I was in high school (8 yrs ago).  It was a project, but not nearly what this beast could be.  I'm afraid to dig anymore into it for fear of what I find.  But ya, I already have a classic mopar and I have a 2010 challenger.  Dad has a 68 gtx convertible that I would rather spend time working on.  That was his first car and he's never got it to run correctly (rebuilt suspension, trans, motor etc in the past few years) Finally we think we fixed the vibration and he breaks his hemi 4 speed input shaft off!!!  We have a new one ready to go back in, but then we have a 73 charger 400 4 spd #s car that just needs the panels finished up and painted.  Too many projects, not enough time.  You can only drive one at a time anyway...
....But it is a 68 charger, one of the coolest  :brickwall: lol

68killerbee

Doin what the roadkill guys would be cool.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXDcJQqZrA

too bad the car would break in half lol. :icon_smile_blackeye:

cudaken

If you have the spaces, store it till you are ready. They will wait for you, mine did!

Cuda Ken :Twocents: worth.
I am back

68killerbee

Changed the spark plugs and wires and got the carb unstuck and it runs! :2thumbs:
Took the hood off too since it was so rusty and could see for sure that it is all numbers matching.

JB400

Glad to hear that it runs. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Its amazing isnt it how often you hear that?  The sheet metal might look crappy but more times than not these antiques still run.  :cheers:

68killerbee

Quote from: Troy on January 20, 2014, 12:37:34 PM
I do have to say though that bringing that car back will take a LOT of money and time. If you're going to spend a lot of money then you might as well get what you want. I'd have a hard time deviating from the tag on a number matching R/T. Some people will whine but it might be best just to "flip it" and find something that suits you better.

Troy

I blame it on the administrator for telling me to.  :icon_smile_cool:
Sold on ebay a few weeks ago.  guess i'm a flipper now  :slap:

surmanajaja

Quote from: 68killerbee on February 24, 2014, 09:01:47 AM
Quote from: Troy on January 20, 2014, 12:37:34 PM
I do have to say though that bringing that car back will take a LOT of money and time. If you're going to spend a lot of money then you might as well get what you want. I'd have a hard time deviating from the tag on a number matching R/T. Some people will whine but it might be best just to "flip it" and find something that suits you better.

Troy

I blame it on the administrator for telling me to.  :icon_smile_cool:
Sold on ebay a few weeks ago.  guess i'm a flipper now  :slap:

if the buyer paid the rest of it you made a great deal- I have seen much better cars go for a lot less, just week or two ago on the site...