News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post your beat up driver

Started by ChargerD100, February 18, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerD100

Who here has a charger thats been through hell and back has dents and has rock chips and gets drove with pride? Post em up!
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

Baldwinvette77

.........  :scratchchin: if only stuntman mike was still active  :lol:

69bronzeT5

This kind of counts....I think? My Charger is not a driver yet but when I do get it running and driving, it's going to look exactly like this with the exception of different wheels..... ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dino

I think Mike may win here.   :lol:

Mine has a few small dings and a few waves from bad prep.  The passenger fender is missing some paint on the front edge, I added a ding when I backed into the garage and forgot I had a buddy seat sitting on a box and it got wedged between car and wall.  The rear valance at one point was hit, which gave the ds quarter a small crease and resulted in the valance being covered in bondo but that's before I got it.

So I wouldn't call it going to hell and back, but the interior is green so it's kinda like being there all the time.   :smilielol:

I love my car and always drive it with pride.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Right side curve of the body paint is gone!!!! I have door dings too will take pics of those later....and some other things just horrible.  Mind as well put her to the scrapper  ;D
Found one of the door if you look at the point of the door lining you will see 'yellow' yup took the paint right off chipped it damn!!!

Cooter

As absurd as it sounds, "chalk up more 2nd gen. Chargers".....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

You can't see the warts in this pic but trust me, the dings, scratches, rust bubbles, bad chrome and shabby paint are all plainly evident when you actually see the car.

6pkrtse

I would love to find me another beater Charger to be able to drive every day rain or shine. Should of never of sold my old 11 sec sleeper that was all rusty & mixed matched in different color primers.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Ghoste

I think about that because I didn't purposely take the 67 out in the rain but I didn't have a panic attack if I did get caught in the rain.  I'm selling it now and somehow I think my reaction will be different if the black 69 gets caught in the rain.

6pkrtse

I would love to find another 68-70 project, rusty beat up multicolor don't care to put another wicked drivetrain in it & have some fun on Grudge nights. If only they weren't 8-12 G's for wasted project cars these days!!!

Back N Black

what is the problem driving you charger in the rain? :shruggy:

Ghoste

Besides the hours of cleaning, I don't like the fact that so much moisture gets up into those little crevices where it can sit.

6pkrtse

I have been caught in many storms over the years when I have my red Charger out for a cruise. I just don't purposely drive it in the rain or as an everyday driver like I want to use the beater for.

Dino

Plenty moisture gets in while the car just sits as well.  As long as all the drain passages are open and you rinse the car after a mud or salt bath, it should be just fine.

Cleaning is easy on mine, drive through the no-touch and air dry with the pedal on the right.   :lol:

I actually enjoy washing the car in the driveway, too bad we have so much calcium in the outside water supply.

Ghoste

I choose not to make it worse and I hate cleaning, I do it but I hate it.  There is no argument anyone will make that is going to alter my opinion on avoiding driving in the rain.  :lol:

6pkrtse

I agree with you. Mine still has the water spots baked in the paint from when I got stuck out in the Telegraph cruise last summer in the pouring rain & then the sun came out & baked the water dry. I need to give it a good rub out to get rid of the water spots when it comes back out in the spring.

elanmars

I picked this up in Georgia last year for not much at all (for a car I drove back and I'm still driving around for $2500, I didn't think was a bad deal) as a grocery getter/driving project while my current 1969 Dodge Charger is undergoing some work to put it back on the road. What attracted me was that it's the original paint, the vinyl top was taken off correctly, came with ac/heater and it hasn't been messed with at all besides typical mechanical hack work....so currently a survivor? haha. The paint is 40+ years old, there's dings, major bump on the driver's side front fender, there's minor rust on bottom back fenders, hood is a little rusty at the front....

I started with a '73 Charger and always wanted to get another one down the road to make my own, just didn't think I'd be getting one so soon! I aim to paint it all black, add a bulge hood and hideaways. I'll just get to the pics of this brown bear:

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Ghoste

Hey!  You know there's a girl playing around on the hood of your car?

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on February 19, 2014, 02:58:10 PM
I choose not to make it worse and I hate cleaning, I do it but I hate it.  There is no argument anyone will make that is going to alter my opinion on avoiding driving in the rain.  :lol:

:lol:  Just messing with you buddy.

Water spots suck, that's why it's good to wax the car at the start of the season.  Don't use an aggressive polish or you could make it worse. 

The stuff that makes me nervous when I have a good paint job is bird droppings and certain tree berries.  I've had to repaint cars because of it.

Ghoste

I know, thats why I added the smiley.  ;)

ChargerD100

Quote from: 6pkrtse on February 19, 2014, 12:22:04 PM
I would love to find me another beater Charger to be able to drive every day rain or shine. Should of never of sold my old 11 sec sleeper that was all rusty & mixed matched in different color primers.

I decided that is the best route for my car i have a decent drivetrain going in it just dont have the resources to make it how i want it to be nice straight n clean so quick beater looks like my plan for now, especially sunce i dont care about showing it at car shows, might end up in project class here n there if i do, but its gunna be a fun hot rod that its ok to get dings here n there on until i can agford the full restoration so for now im just gunna take care of the here n there rust holes
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

GPULLER

Here is my beater.  I don't take it out in the rain because my feet get wet from the leaking wiper pivots and the rear window leaks then it smells like dirty socks!  I do drive it any chance I get.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/GPULLER/media/Chargers/MVI_4450_zps47d04854.mp4.html

toocheaptosmoke

I don't plan on improving the looks on my '70 too much in the near future.  It will get some sealer primer and corrosion protection where it needs it, but not much after that.  Still probably won't drive it in a torential downpours if I can help it, but I'm sure it will happen.  Need to try and get as much dirt out of the frame rails and rockers as possible, that can hold moisture and rot things out from the inside.  It's nice not worrying about having any paint to scratch.

Dino

When driving in the rain it also helps to close the trunk   :stirthepot:   :naughty:    :lol:

Bens340

73' charger 340 rallye

6pkrtse

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on February 20, 2014, 12:56:51 PM
I don't plan on improving the looks on my '70 too much in the near future.  It will get some sealer primer and corrosion protection where it needs it, but not much after that.  Still probably won't drive it in a torential downpours if I can help it, but I'm sure it will happen.  Need to try and get as much dirt out of the frame rails and rockers as possible, that can hold moisture and rot things out from the inside.  It's nice not worrying about having any paint to scratch.

Perfect, I would drive the crap out of that daily.

moparnut

6pkrtse,Is that a  red scrambler in the back ground? Bought one of those with a bad 4 cylinder engine,pulled the 4 and installed a small block chevy. The v8 hooked up with minimal work,really woke that jeep up.Could not keep spring perches and shock mounts but it was alot of fun.  moparnut

6pkrtse

Yes, that does look to be a Scrambler in the background, but it was not my picture. I was just quoting the picture, so I do not know the details.

toocheaptosmoke

It is indeed a 1984 scrambler, original 258 straight six, 4 speed.   :2thumbs:  Bonus points if anyone can identify the sled in the picture.  :D

cudaken

I am back

moparguy01

I think Todd_Wilson's car Frankie is a good contender for this one.

moparnut

Nice road runner Cuda Ken,all the old mopars look good .Condition is important but they have a real bad ass look regardless.   moparnut :drool5: