News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TDC (The Dodge Charger Registry); register at both

Started by hemi68charger, March 09, 2006, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

hemi68charger

Quote from: rotsparts on March 15, 2006, 01:39:30 AM
Thanks forr the info.

Larry

No prob.. Now, there's nothing stopping from anyone becoming beforehand......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dodge Don

I have no doubt Wayne is a good guy, but c'mon.....data goes in the database and never comes out in any public form to assist Charger owners......doesn't make any sense to me.  :brickwall:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dodge Don on March 15, 2006, 09:40:56 PM
I have no doubt Wayne is a good guy, but c'mon.....data goes in the database and never comes out in any public form to assist Charger owners......doesn't make any sense to me.  :brickwall:

Don, I understand your thoughts.. I had those as well and when I talked to him, it made perfect sense.... There's a certain about of info that he knows that really doesn't need to be in the brains of those that would like to create, by fraudulent means, something that's not true, either the car or documentation. I really think if you were to talk to him, I would ask... As far as production numbers and all, is there any concrete proof on them in regards to option breakdown, etc? Wayne's not inclined to make statements without facts to back it up.......  I do know that if you wish to talk about your car, he'll tell ya as much as he knows, free.........

We all have a passion for these things and strive to get what he has, but, he's been doing it longer than anyone on the Planet.... He's the Galen of Galen........ in Charger terms of course....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

AKcharger

- If Glovier charges $45 to decode your fender tag what else do you get? I mean I can look in my book and do that?

- I like the '70 Charger Registry (The only year they made REAL Chargers  :icon_smile_big:) found out my car is one of only like 320 V21 cars...now that's a registry you can use! What about the other Registry sites, they have that?

1970 Charger...America's only REAL Charger

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 15, 2006, 10:07:46 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on March 15, 2006, 09:40:56 PM

Don, I understand your thoughts.. I had those as well and when I talked to him, it made perfect sense.... There's a certain about of info that he knows that really doesn't need to be in the brains of those that would like to create, by fraudulent means, something that's not true, either the car or documentation. I really think if you were to talk to him, I would ask... As far as production numbers and all, is there any concrete proof on them in regards to option breakdown, etc? Wayne's not inclined to make statements without facts to back it up.......  I do know that if you wish to talk about your car, he'll tell ya as much as he knows, free.........

We all have a passion for these things and strive to get what he has, but, he's been doing it longer than anyone on the Planet.... He's the Galen of Galen........ in Charger terms of course....

Troy

The production figures by option that we have on the 70 Charger Registry are from Chrysler SG30 reports. These were internal reports that tracked production by most options, typically to determine what options/option combinations buyers haed a preference for. Are they 100% accurate, I doubt it, however they are Chrysler stats and are the only and best figures available. These are the same reports that Galen uses to create his reports which he of course charges for. We believe any any all information, aside from VINs and owners names, should be in the public domain to help fellow owners and the hobby in general.

The broadcast sheet decoders for the 70 Chargers were developed by documenting hundreds of broadcast sheets.....something that that a single owner could not do easily. Registries are a great way to pool information to unlock the mysteries that abound.....so I'm all in favour of Registries. Galen's so called Chrysler Registry is a self serving database that he uses to fleece the flock. I was pleased to see the 69 Charger Registry start up and the 3rd Gen Registry as well....and of course there is the 1st Gen Registry. 68 owners need to get on the stick. I firmly believe that single year or single style Registries, if done properly, can be unmatched in their specific understanding of that specific model, and can take back control of information for the people rather than letting one source be the "gatekeeper" to OUR information for a fee. I'm referring to Galen here. Rise up and join the true Dodge Rebellion (pretty corny huh).

The TDC Registry is a great thing in of itself, and Wayne's reputation speaks volumes about his passion for the hobby....I am in no way disputing that. He has carried the load on is own since before some of the members on this Board were even born. I take my hat off to him. However, that doesn't mean I think the TDC Registry is maximizing it's ultimate potential to help the hobby by using the info gathered for public consumption. Just my opinion.

Chris and I have talked about sharing or swapping our database with the TDC and Galen so all can include cars the others have missed, the 70 Registry is already larger than the 70 component in the TDC and I suspect larger than Galen's as well. That said, no one is willing to share/swap data so we continue to go it alone, which is fine. Would we share it with Joe Blow off the street....no way.

On the fraud/fake issue, we see some real poor attempts at fakes, and with proper research a good fake can be made, however the proof is in the documentation. You can change a car all you want, but if it's registered in the past we typically have the tag or sheet data and can easily identify it as changed. However without the registrations, the hobby is at risk. Now of course we do not post VINs but we answer lots of questions from current, new and potential owners all the time. Heck, we even hooked up an existing owner with a sequential car for sale that he eventually bought.

I'm rambling.

In short, no issues with Wayne. Just think he's sitting on a mountain of gold that would be of interest to the hobby.

hemi68charger

Don,
I'm with ya man.... Wayne doesn't have the resources, time or skills that alot of the computer generation have...  I agree, combining things would be cool, but it has its risks and Wayne's been burnt once already by another registry. None of our peers here... Everyone wants to make their mark and some be the "go-to"guy... I think if Wayne didn't have the kind of job he has and as well being a father and husband,  his website and correspondence would be better, but that's the nature of him and it's he who has gathered all this info.. I can't speak for him and he has mentioned being more active on these boards or at the very least, getting in contact with individuals on a one to one basis...  Like you stated, his efforts aren't for profit while Galen's intentions are...  I know it's frustrating sometimes, he'll talk away all day long about your car, again. unlike someone else, who charges righteous bucks....

I don't want to go down some road that deviates from the original thread and I surely don't want to say things without his input or approval, it's not my place. I have asked him about this and the Meet thread, so that's all good.......

:thumbs:

Troy
Troy