News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Traveling in the US

Started by DR1969, February 11, 2014, 05:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 13, 2014, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: Homerr on February 13, 2014, 10:28:29 AM
Daytona, I get that you don't feel safe.

But suggesting that a traveler to the US needs a gun is way over the top.  I'm not sure where the OP is from or has ever fired a gun, but wtf is he supposed to do?  Travel here, buy a gun, get acquainted with our gun laws for each state, travel across the states, and turn in the gun to the TSA before boarding a flight home?

Sure, shit could happen.  But it probably won't and if you have any bit of street smarts you'll be fine.  Don't hang out in ghettos.  Don't run out of gas late at night.  Don't pick up hitch hikers.

As an aside - NYC is one of the safest places to be, at least Manhattan.  Was there recently and felt more safe than my own neighborhood (suburban Seattle, and fwiw I feel safe here).  People everywhere and out late, diverse crowds, and a lot of cops.  Subways were fine even at 1am.

I feel totaly safe.

I'm prepared. :Twocents:

What Homerr said was my point.  DR1969 is looking to visit the greatest country in the world for the first time in his life......Take a nice road trip & see some of our great country.

The only advice you can offer to him is to bring a gun?  Seriously?    Sure there's crime & unsavory people here.  Im sure he has some in his country as well.

My :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 14, 2014, 06:30:03 PM

The only advice you can offer to him is to bring a gun?  Seriously?    

Not the only advice I could offer, but considering some of the areas he wants to drive through...

Yes, seriously.

ws23rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 14, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
Daytona, I get that you don't feel safe.

But suggesting that a traveler to the US needs a gun is way over the top.  I'm not sure where the OP is from or has ever fired a gun, but wtf is he supposed to do?  Travel here, buy a gun, get acquainted with our gun laws for each state, travel across the states, and turn in the gun to the TSA before boarding a flight home?

Sure, shit could happen.  But it probably won't and if you have any bit of street smarts you'll be fine.  Don't hang out in ghettos.  Don't run out of gas late at night.  Don't pick up hitch hikers.

As an aside - NYC is one of the safest places to be, at least Manhattan.  Was there recently and felt more safe than my own neighborhood (suburban Seattle, and fwiw I feel safe here).  People everywhere and out late, diverse crowds, and a lot of cops.  Subways were fine even at 1am.

I feel totaly safe.

I'm prepared. :Twocents:

What Homerr said was my point.  DR1969 is looking to visit the greatest country in the world for the first time in his life......Take a nice road trip & see some of our great country.

The only advice you can offer to him is to bring a gun?  Seriously?    Sure there's crime & unsavory people here.  Im sure he has some in his country as well.

My :Twocents:

I'm with you on this.   If we live in fear of the worst happening than we live at home with our firearms.

Tragedy can happen at any time from any direction. 

When we drive down the road do we fear the on coming traffic?   When we live at sea level do we fear the big wave?  When we live in the US do we fear the greenies taking our livelyhood?----It's all the same---s""t can happen---

We can do only so much as individuals for the greater good in the mean time lets make the best of what we have and enjoy it. :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

QuoteWhat Homerr said was my point.  DR1969 is looking to visit the greatest country in the world for the first time in his life......Take a nice road trip & see some of our great country.

My Twocents.

Yea, that is some bullshit advice.

DR1969

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 14, 2014, 01:39:11 PM
Where from overseas are you coming from. Bring lots of women. We are in short supply.
From Australia, only bringing 1 sorry, i'm married to her, see if i can round up a few stray's for ya before we leave.

Thanks for the great advice again guys, don't think i will carry a gun, but I agree it's wise to be alert and we won't be putting our self at risk, i hope.
Don't worry there are places in our capital city(only 1 1/2 hours away) that i wouldn't be caught dead in after dark.

Yeah its looks like a lot of driving but this is like our once in a lifetime chance to see as much of your huge country as we can, we just have to narrow down the stuff we are into and go for it.

cheers David

69white hat

Is that your orange Charger in your profile pic dr1969? She's a beaut. Can you tell me about your rims? They look gorgeous!!!  :2thumbs:
I'm from Canada and I am also planning a road trip in America this May. Vegas baby. Pulling my charger there.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: DR1969 on February 17, 2014, 04:04:18 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 14, 2014, 01:39:11 PM

but I agree it's wise to be alert and we won't be putting our self at risk, i hope.
Don't worry there are places in our capital city(only 1 1/2 hours away) that i wouldn't be caught dead in after dark.

:2thumbs:

The70RT

I went route 66 from Kansas through the southwest. You can go 66 but a lot of it is a slow bumpy incomplete road. I took the new route most of the time right beside it. Here is some places i went through.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48739.0.html

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DR1969

Quote from: The70RT on February 17, 2014, 08:34:58 PM
I went route 66 from Kansas through the southwest. You can go 66 but a lot of it is a slow bumpy incomplete road. I took the new route most of the time right beside it. Here is some places i went through.

Thanks for that, looks like some good stops along the way.
cheers

DR1969

Quote from: 69white hat on February 17, 2014, 06:08:18 AM
Is that your orange Charger in your profile pic dr1969? She's a beaut. Can you tell me about your rims? They look gorgeous!!!  :2thumbs:
I'm from Canada and I am also planning a road trip in America this May. Vegas baby. Pulling my charger there.

Hey 69white hat,
Yeah that's mine in the profile pic, thanks for the kind words, the wheels have really attracted a lot of attention, they are just black powder coated steel wheels with D shaped holes, they kind of reminded me of old school Nascar wheels.
I really only grabbed them as something to have on the car when i started doing it up, but they really grew on me and are a bit of an alternative to all 18 inch plus, five spoke type wheels that everyone seems to run on US muscle cars out here in Australia.
They are 15x7 and 15x8 finished off with black wheel nuts and the chrome bullet style caps, i think the white writing on the tyres works with all the black.

Cant wait for our trip, really looking forward to MATS.

cheers David

69white hat

WOW. 15's???? They sure look like 20's the way they're tucked up in the fenders!!!

Dino

Quote from: 69white hat on February 18, 2014, 07:47:46 AM
WOW. 15's???? They sure look like 20's the way they're tucked up in the fenders!!!

Deceiving isn't it?  I thought the same thing at first glance.

Here's a better shot.  I've always liked those rims on Chargers.   :yesnod:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106266.msg1323683.html#msg1323683
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The70RT

Quote from: DR1969 on February 18, 2014, 04:41:19 AM
Quote from: The70RT on February 17, 2014, 08:34:58 PM

Thanks for that, looks like some good stops along the way.
cheers

Your welcome
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us