News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gauge problem

Started by C928BRAN, December 17, 2013, 08:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C928BRAN

on my 69 charger, all of my gauges, except for the alternator, drop to 0 when i turn my parking lights on, and then when i turn the parking lights off, they will slowly come back up. anybody have a clue what is going on with them? thanks, for any help.

thanks, craig.

Pete in NH

Hi,

Sounds like possibly a bad ground on the dash printed circuit board. The parking light circuit also turns on the small lamps on the instrument cluster, so it could be a ground issue. There is a recent tread posted in this section on the issue, look a few postings down. It could also be something mis-wired if you've made any changes lately.

Ghoste

You know as I'm thinking back, that Jeep did the opposite.  When the lights came on, the guages all went up.  Irrelevant to this I suppose but...

C928BRAN

Now that you mention it, i do have a light out, on the right side of the speedometer. this is the first time i have started the car in a couple of weeks. I might have some corrosion in the terminals. thanks for the responses, i think i will start looking in that area.

boydsdodge

hello, did you have any luck with your gauges dropping?
i am have same problem, if i roll the dimmer down the gauges will return to normal, roll dimmer up and they drop.