News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A real interesting machine!!

Started by green69rt, February 26, 2014, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Not fast but steady!!

Tilar

No way that can be real  :o  Pretty cool idea if it is.

EDIT: There are some pretty cool videos of it on youtube!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69 OUR/TEA

It's a joke picture,the machine is actually going the other way,with the wedge lifting up all the bricks at once and putting them into the upper container.The giveaway is at the soldier course,there are "cuts" that each have to get measured individually.

Budnicks

I was thinking it was tearing the bricks up too... cool shot anyway, I Googled & it it's the real deal, there's a bunch of videos & photos, about it being used in England & Germany I think it was... a guy on a bobcat loader supplying the bricks & cuts & anther guy loading them in place, pretty cool brick road laying operation/machine...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Indygenerallee

UH... no it's really laying bricks down.. better go watch the videos of it in action first!!! smh... :rotz:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

RallyeMike

Its the real deal, but before you get too excited the bricks and pattern are still laid by hand - just in the machine instead of on the ground. They just slide down a steel sheet as the machine trundles forward.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

green69rt

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 27, 2014, 09:35:39 PM
Its the real deal, but before you get too excited the bricks and pattern are still laid by hand - just in the machine instead of on the ground. They just slide down a steel sheet as the machine trundles forward.

Yeah, I looked at the video.   Still a neat way to lay a road though.   Better than a bunch of folks crawling around on their knees.

ws23rt

Quote from: green69rt on February 28, 2014, 09:50:23 AM

Yeah, I looked at the video.   Still a neat way to lay a road though.   Better than a bunch of folks crawling around on their knees.

I was just thinking the same thing :lol:  I bet the designer laid bricks for years and developed bad knees, back pain or both.
The creative thinking is admirable  :2thumbs:

XH29N0G

Glad I looked on the web for it in operation.  I was trying to figure out where the people were inside the machine. :slap: :lol:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....