News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What gets more looks GTR or 68 charger at light...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, February 16, 2014, 03:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

I found out today that would be the 68 charger  :drool5:

A GTR pulled up next to me at a light and no one batted at an eye to it except everyone looked at the charger instead with a thumbs up and honk.  The GTR then sped away pissed? 

I need a GoPro camera....

JB400

Not hard to come to that conclusion when a GTR just blends in with everything else out on the road.

1974dodgecharger

Finoke

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 16, 2014, 06:53:36 AM
im sure he could easily smoked me in 1st gear  :icon_smile_big:

The performance is there. But the colors and styling are way boring  :Twocents:

Ghoste

To most of the general public the GTR was just another car on the road.  Even if they didn't know what the Charger was (and many wouldn't) they still know its old and cool.

71green go

:smilielol: :smilielol: You seem to spend allot of time looking to see whose looking at you....... :rofl:

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

A Nissan Skyline.  A very very quick little car.

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2014, 10:15:19 AM

Never heard of it...    But I do remember Datsuns!     :smilielol:   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

Silver R/T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 16, 2014, 03:11:10 AM
Not hard to come to that conclusion when a GTR just blends in with everything else out on the road.

That is so true! I was driving through downtown the other day and saw one in person. It didn't look anything special, sure it's fast and OVERPRICED but I wouldn't pay all that money for it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: odcics2 on February 16, 2014, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2014, 10:15:19 AM

Never heard of it...    But I do remember Datsuns!     :smilielol:   

I'd rather have an older 240z with modded engine/body/nice rims.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 71green go on February 16, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
:smilielol: :smilielol: You seem to spend allot of time looking to see whose looking at you....... :rofl:

Cant help it especially if one comes up next to me and revs and makes sure im looking at him.  Also when people honk I dont ignore honks I could of been in the wrong lane for all I know since a GTR pulled up next to me.  I personally never seen one in real life only in pictures so I thought it was cool they dont call em GODZILLA for nothing.... ;D

Cooter

It's ok 74, we all are in this for the attention. GL guys for obvious reasons, hemi people for even MORE obvious reasons, and the plain Charger people for obvious reasons. You just bring it into light and talk about it without trying to seem as though you AREN'T trying to attract attention to yourself, or attempting to seem as though you don't care about it, by owning one of these cars. Good on ya, at least your honest.

We should feel very proud that a 45-50 Y/O car grabs the spotlight from a more common place, and WAY more expensive import.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Hemi people want attention more than GL owners?  I can't agree with that one.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on February 16, 2014, 08:47:23 PM
Hemi people want attention more than GL owners?  I can't agree with that one.

Well, seeing as how the 'experts' at car shows seem to ALWAYS wanna know if the GL has a 'hemi like the one on the show did' (even though NONE were actual hemi cars, and certainly, a lowly 440 just couldn't have been the fastest car around), that's what I was referring to.

The only reason GL owners get even the slightest more smidgen of attention at car shows would be the fact that cost is ALOT cheaper to build a GL than a 'hemi' GL.., or Charger....
I have personally witnessed the 'hemi' grab at car shows. Soon as it rolls up and hood is popped, like a piece of candy dropped onto an ant hill. They paid the cost to be the boss so to speak.

Hell, I even have people asking if "Christine" has the 'hemi' like in the movie...Really? Seeing as NO PLYMOUTHS came with a hemi until 1964, why would you assume that the baddest 1958 Plymouth just had to have a 'hemi' instead of a boat anchor 350 Golden Commando?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69bronzeT5

I quite like the GTR's. I definitely wouldn't kick one out of the garage that's for sure. That being said, here in Vancouver I see them all the time.......
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cooter

My own GL is a hodge podge of big block car, and two small block cars. The body is a plain ole car, nothing special.
it certainly got it's ass kicked for 6 straight years parked and judged beside my buddies candy apple red 69' Road runner.

He even felt so bad for me, he offered to give me one of his trophies!?. I can't buy a trophy with that car.

Patronus

another vote for the gtr... AND the Charger in the garage
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

chargerboy69

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 16, 2014, 09:27:52 PM
I quite like the GTR's. I definitely wouldn't kick one out of the garage that's for sure.

The GTR's are sweet, would love to have one in my garage.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Baldwinvette77

A Fast car yes, And probably the best priced car on the market in terms of performance, but i can't help but feel it's a souless piece of machinery with no goal other than to give results. It just doesn't seem to have any personality to me  :rotz:

fy469rtse

Quote from: 71green go on February 16, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
its so hard to see who's looking at you , you can only do it when you think there not looking at that moment , so tricky to get it right , Drue carrey show, or so it went something like that

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on February 16, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
It's OK 74, we all are in this for the attention. GL guys for obvious reasons, hemi people for even MORE obvious reasons, and the plain Charger people for obvious reasons. You just bring it into light and talk about it without trying to seem as though you AREN'T trying to attract attention to yourself, or attempting to seem as though you don't care about it, by owning one of these cars. Good on ya, at least your honest.

We should feel very proud that a 45-50 Y/O car grabs the spotlight from a more common place, and WAY more expensive import.
If this is the case, I'm not part of the group.  As an automotive connoisseur, I could care less as to how much attention that my car attracts.  The only reason I'm in this hobby is for my love for the automobile, most notably the Charger. If I build a GL, it's because that is what I wanted.   Now, if there are people that are attracted to something I enjoy, that's great.  I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my interests.  

If your in this hobby for the simple fact of obtaining attention from others, you're a fool and only fooling yourself.

1974dodgecharger

Then you have the dudes that are called 'sleepers' those are just as bad as those who want attention.
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 17, 2014, 01:35:28 AM
Quote from: Cooter on February 16, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
It's OK 74, we all are in this for the attention. GL guys for obvious reasons, hemi people for even MORE obvious reasons, and the plain Charger people for obvious reasons. You just bring it into light and talk about it without trying to seem as though you AREN'T trying to attract attention to yourself, or attempting to seem as though you don't care about it, by owning one of these cars. Good on ya, at least your honest.

If this is the case, I'm not part of the group.  As an automotive connoisseur, I could care less as to how much attention that my car attracts.  The only reason I'm in this hobby is for my love for the automobile, most notably the Charger. If I build a GL, it's because that is what I wanted.   Now, if there are people that are attracted to something I enjoy, that's great.  I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my interests.  

If your in this hobby for the simple fact of obtaining attention from others, you're a fool and only fooling yourself.