News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lets see if we can help out....

Started by jaak, February 15, 2014, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I was reading the thread that professor-patrick had about the "Make a Wish" Charger they are building for a kid in Oklahoma. (link  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108418.0.html ). I really wished I had an extra Center section to help out. Ever since that thread, I have been checking eBay (to see if one has been newly listed), checking CL ads all across the country, and looking on all classified ads searching for one.
Heck I wish I could just buy one, but honestly I can't. Brian mentioned in that same thread about a NOS one that is listed in the classified here for 1200 (link http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108179.0.html ), I contacted the seller and he still has it.

That got me to thinking, honestly, I can't afford to spend 1200 for this... but what if, we all pitch in. No set amount, just what you can and lets get this thing. Heck with as many members are here, if 60 people would donate 20 bucks, that is all it would take. Just an Idea I had, that way we could all help out and have a part in making this wish come true. If anyone has a better idea, let's hear it.... maybe you know where a used one is that can be bought for a little less?  Say if someone here has an extra one they are willing to sell, post a pic and a price.

I just wanted to make this thread to see if it was possible. I wanted to see how many people are willing to help out, and to see if the money could be raised. If it looks like we can, then we can figure out who would be in charge of collecting money, buying the part/having it shipped, etc.

I will start by committing $50.  $1150 to go.

Thanks,
Jason

JB400

I like the idea :cheers:  I have bought from the seller, he's upfront, honest, and good to deal with.  I'll chip in another $25.

bbark9473

If the $1,200.00 is raised I will pay the shipping and insurance

Baldwinvette77

Eh what the hell, Ill chip in another 25$  :yesnod:

VegasCharger

JB400

We're going to need a little bit more help than this :yesnod:

Mike DC

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger