News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally got the Chargers double-stacked!! - pics

Started by OldGuy, September 15, 2008, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

:o :o

That is one great set up. Are you sure that the top lift will hold up the other Charger? :shruggy:
Man, it is cool but kinda' scarry.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

OldGuy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 16, 2008, 07:24:55 PM
:o :o

That is one great set up. Are you sure that the top lift will hold up the other Charger? :shruggy:
Man, it is cool but kinda' scarry.

It went up and down pretty easily.  The lift is rated for 7,000lbs.  They test it with 21,000lbs - three times the rated limited.  The only concern I have is if we have an earthquake and the top Charger starts to hop and slides off.  It won't come all the way down because of the corner posts, but if the tires come off the ramp - it could be a problem.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

41husk

I think if you get enough movement to bounce the top cars wheels off the ramp, your gonna have alot more to worry about than the lift :eek2:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Very nice!   :cheers:

I've had mine up for several years now, & don't think I'd be able to live without them if I ever had to move.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mopar0166

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jhoop

What type do garage door openers do you have?  Obviously not the ones with the beam in the center about 8 ft. high.  I really like how your garage doors go clear up to the ceiling hight.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 41husk on September 16, 2008, 12:02:53 PM
No my wife is looking for a house, I could live in the garage if it's nice enough :2thumbs:  My wife often gets mad when we go to look at a house and I go straight to the garage :shruggy:
[/quote

Been there done that and been yelled at too. :yesnod:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

triple_green

This is very cool! Congrats Carl!

The Seattle Charger scene misses you!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

remta1

mightywing7

:2thumbs: Great install!  Thanks for sharing (and making us all jealous too!).   :laugh:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI