News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Vipers

Started by JMF, February 13, 2014, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Quote from: NGC414 on February 14, 2014, 02:59:20 PM
I have been looking at them also. I would only be interested in a GTS, I never liked the targa tops with the weird side windows. Prices seem very reasonable on the early ones, which is the body style I prefer over the newer vipers.

There are some aftermarket options, like my Northwind Engineering sliding & locking windows with hardtop:

JPL

Quote from: ws23rt on February 14, 2014, 07:02:51 PM
I haven't driven one but would like to.  The service manager at my local dealer told me about one of his customers that has one and was unhappy with the driving experience.  This guy bought a SRT Challenger for the comfort and driving fun it gave him :shruggy:

His Viper sits in the garage.

To me they are kinda like a lambo.  One wears the car like they wear a suit.  ( I'm talking about street driving)

Love mine, would I use it as a daily driver? No, but many do, it can be what you want it to be, daily driver, weekend cruiser, full blown race car, it just can't be a cushy limo.......

TexasStroker

The Vipers are great cars.  The taller you are, the tougher the fit.  I've been in several and at 5'9" they are a great fit. A little past 6' is where people start having complaints.  The helmet hump helps a little for some.

They have definitely progressed along the way, but the price has too...The good news is you can find super nice used Vipers for a decent price.  I'd love a new one, but the asking price is too steep for the average person.  If you fall in love with the revamp just wait a few years, or pick up an earlier model to enjoy in the mean time.  Very tight knit group and several awesome events scattered around the country.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

vick79

Quote from: JMF on February 13, 2014, 10:59:01 AM
Anyone ever owned a Dodge Viper ? Was just wondering on what people thought of them, the only modern cars i've really been used to is a Mustang GT, thanks

Still own a black/black GTS. An amazing car I could never see myself selling. Its brutal, unrefined, original and I love it.

'70 Charger RT

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

Is there a liability issue of some sort with them being pre-production?  Or a tax liability one with them originally going to a school program?

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Ghoste on March 06, 2014, 11:50:03 AM
Is there a liability issue of some sort with them being pre-production?  Or a tax liability one with them originally going to a school program?
Sure you've read this but the issue as far as I can tell is the lack of emission products on the cars and no speed limiters on them. The original vipers were 400 horse power and these cars were even more powerful.   Dodge denies any accidents in the yahoo article update.   Car 4 I believe was even a hard top which was the first and not even production for years after vipers were available. 

Bobs69

Quote from: vick79 on March 05, 2014, 09:14:28 PM
Anyone ever owned a Dodge Viper ? Was just wondering on what people thought of them, the only modern cars i've really been used to is a Mustang GT, thanks

Still own a black/black GTS. An amazing car I could never see myself selling. Its brutal, unrefined, original and I love it.

Brutal & unrefined.  I believe that was the selling point of these cars when I read about them in the magazines when they first came out.  "Yester-tech" I remember them being called.  Basic and more affordable.

68blue

I'm looking at buying a 2008 and reconfiguring the colors to match my 68 Charger, I could go to a show with a sign that said "40 years, Mopar or no car." At least with two cars it would get the wife to go along.

hemi-hampton

These 2 sat in our parking lot at work all winter. no car covers, what a shame. LEON.

Bobs69

Quote from: vick79 on March 05, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

brutal and unrefined, I've been searching for that all my life

68blue

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 09, 2014, 09:40:13 PM
These 2 sat in our parking lot at work all winter. no car covers, what a shame. LEON.

Sad, but then something like this would be a good start for my project.