News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What gets more looks GTR or 68 charger at light...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, February 16, 2014, 03:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on February 17, 2014, 12:38:53 AM
Quote from: 71green go on February 16, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
:smilielol: :smilielol: You seem to spend allot of time looking to see whose looking at you....... :rofl:
its so hard to see who's looking at you , you can only do it when you think there not looking at that moment , so tricky to get it right , Drue carrey show, or so it went something like that
The charger is pretty easy to see who is looking at you especially if they honk, say hey nice car, etc...hard to avoid.  Unless you are blind, deaf, among other things you shouldnt be driving  ;D The 2nd charger it is what it is its a beatiful looking car, mean looking, and just an art form in itself that is hard to avoid.  I can look at my cars lines for hours and be amazed by it....every where I park pictures are taken and people always ask why am I driving this thing its so beaitful I tell them thats what a car is for to be driven  :2thumbs:

Im still waiting on my 30inch rims to come in and raised leaf springs...im pumped for that  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 17, 2014, 01:35:28 AM
Quote from: Cooter on February 16, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
It's OK 74, we all are in this for the attention. GL guys for obvious reasons, hemi people for even MORE obvious reasons, and the plain Charger people for obvious reasons. You just bring it into light and talk about it without trying to seem as though you AREN'T trying to attract attention to yourself, or attempting to seem as though you don't care about it, by owning one of these cars. Good on ya, at least your honest.

We should feel very proud that a 45-50 Y/O car grabs the spotlight from a more common place, and WAY more expensive import.
If this is the case, I'm not part of the group.  As an automotive connoisseur, I could care less as to how much attention that my car attracts.  The only reason I'm in this hobby is for my love for the automobile, most notably the Charger. If I build a GL, it's because that is what I wanted.   Now, if there are people that are attracted to something I enjoy, that's great.  I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my interests.  
If your in this hobby for the simple fact of obtaining attention from others, you're a fool and only fooling yourself.

I disagree. I'm just not gonna attempt to call anyone a "fool" for building a GL when a plain white wrapper 69' Charger would do.
or when they just had to have a "hemi" Charger when plenty of slant 6 and SB/BB versions were made. There's a reason people do or go with what's popular. Because it's popular(ie: attracts attention). Some prefer to make feeble attempts at trying to make it seem they wanted the highest priced Daytona hemi Charger because "it's what they wanted". Ok, if that's what it takes for them to sleep at night, fine....but I know better. It's the highest priced, the one that's popular because of it, and has the hemi engine, which, AGAIN, is why it's popular, it grabs more attention than the lowly slant 6 model that hasn't sold sitting beside it. People buy muscle cars because they like them. That's not what my point is. My point is they could have bought that prius just the same, why go with something that's clearly not making much sense??

Only time I ever see someone attempt the "I built it for me because it's what I wanted" argument, is when they are in the presence of other, more attention getting cars, like hemi Chargers.
If we all claimed that we didn't drive our cars ON PURPOSE down certain streets because we know it will be the only one there and sure to draw all the attention, then the people in this hobby are worse off than I thought.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

myk

No one's looking at the cars, they're looking at something else...

71green go

I for one could care less about a Hemi car, means nothing to me and as far as General lees ...I don't get it, as it doesn't appeal to me to even own one...I have owned so many muscle cars I lost count......almost ALL of them attracted attention...most of which just bothered me lol ...I don't drive them to attract attention...I drive and own them because I think they are cool, an I love working on them....If I had the money I would probably be driving some sort of supercar if I could fit in it ...Just because they are cool to me
To each their own

Cooter

Whatever, I still say it's cool that all the tuner sh*t in the world couldn't hold a candle to a poorly handling, bump steering, no mpg gettin, 45-50 Y/O Dodge.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

Quote from: Cooter on February 17, 2014, 12:14:38 PM
Whatever, I still say it's cool that all the tuner sh*t in the world couldn't hold a candle to a poorly handling, bump steering, no mpg gettin, 45-50 Y/O Dodge.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JB400

I'm sure there are more people that have Hemi's, 6 packs, or wing cars, or whatever, for the simple fact of personal accomplishment than it does for those just keeping up with the Jones.

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on February 17, 2014, 06:26:14 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 17, 2014, 01:35:28 AM
Quote from: Cooter on February 16, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
It's OK 74, we all are in this for the attention. GL guys for obvious reasons, hemi people for even MORE obvious reasons, and the plain Charger people for obvious reasons. You just bring it into light and talk about it without trying to seem as though you AREN'T trying to attract attention to yourself, or attempting to seem as though you don't care about it, by owning one of these cars. Good on ya, at least your honest.

We should feel very proud that a 45-50 Y/O car grabs the spotlight from a more common place, and WAY more expensive import.
If this is the case, I'm not part of the group.  As an automotive connoisseur, I could care less as to how much attention that my car attracts.  The only reason I'm in this hobby is for my love for the automobile, most notably the Charger. If I build a GL, it's because that is what I wanted.   Now, if there are people that are attracted to something I enjoy, that's great.  I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my interests.  
If your in this hobby for the simple fact of obtaining attention from others, you're a fool and only fooling yourself.

I disagree. I'm just not gonna attempt to call anyone a "fool" for building a GL when a plain white wrapper 69' Charger would do.
or when they just had to have a "hemi" Charger when plenty of slant 6 and SB/BB versions were made. There's a reason people do or go with what's popular. Because it's popular(ie: attracts attention). Some prefer to make feeble attempts at trying to make it seem they wanted the highest priced Daytona hemi Charger because "it's what they wanted". Ok, if that's what it takes for them to sleep at night, fine....but I know better. It's the highest priced, the one that's popular because of it, and has the hemi engine, which, AGAIN, is why it's popular, it grabs more attention than the lowly slant 6 model that hasn't sold sitting beside it. People buy muscle cars because they like them. That's not what my point is. My point is they could have bought that prius just the same, why go with something that's clearly not making much sense??

Only time I ever see someone attempt the "I built it for me because it's what I wanted" argument, is when they are in the presence of other, more attention getting cars, like hemi Chargers.
If we all claimed that we didn't drive our cars ON PURPOSE down certain streets because we know it will be the only one there and sure to draw all the attention, then the people in this hobby are worse off than I thought.
I bet when your not getting enough attention you hit the Dixie horn. :woohoo:

Cooter

Actually, no......I tell em it has a 440 hemi....THAT does it every time.

6spd68

Although I do agree with you Cooter, it's not always necessarily true.  I've had to use that many times when people would challenge/critique me for ripping the 2.3Turbo driveline out of my T-bird in favor for dropping in the 347 (What can I say?  Some Ford owners smoke the same stuff as my Mayor with the same name).  You CAN in fact build something for you, but sometimes you also want what everyone else does.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: Cooter on February 17, 2014, 06:55:47 PM
Actually, no......I tell em it has a 440 hemi....THAT does it every time.
:scratchchin:Love it!! will surly separate the know and the know nots... :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: 6spd68 on February 19, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

Although I do agree with you Cooter, it's not always necessarily true.  I've had to use that many times when people would challenge/critique me for ripping the 2.3Turbo driveline out of my T-bird in favor for dropping in the 347 (What can I say?  Some Ford owners smoke the same stuff as my Mayor with the same name).  You CAN in fact build something for you, but sometimes you also want what everyone else does.
Finally, someone truly understands. :2thumbs: