News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you replace a rear inner wheel housing w/out removing the outer or quarter?

Started by MxRacer855, February 12, 2014, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

If anyone knows if you can do this, or has done this before, please let me know.

Both the inner and outer rear wheel wells need to be replaced, but since I want to save the paint job for another year (not remove the quarter panels and outer wheel wells), I'd like to knock the inner's out while doing my trunk floor, perches, rear cross member, etc.

Can this be done?

Jeff

fy469rtse

i did jeff , not easy but doable, i had creases in both rear qtr's over wheel arches ,after frame was pulled back to tolerences, was left with the qtr damage and the only way to get to these was either remove qtr's and go new or remove something so i could finish these creases off ,
i wish i had taken photo's of this , but i havent sorry, perseveried this way because money for new sheetmetal was tight and i thought i could save qtr's and the outer wheel wells needed replacing anyway and had a set offered to me cheap,
drill spot welds out off wheel arche's and door pillar , i had no trunk floor or extensions in at the time , hardest part was cutting around the pillar surports, would be easier with qtr's fully off , i was almost there and should have,
had spot welds out of back panel as well , my qtr's were flapping around like wings , should have finished taking them off, because in not doing so forgot to do the tubbing to outer wheel well that every one misses , have a look at photos of the outers, strange shape and you can get a lot of clearance to tyres by doing these areas, 
take my advice take your qtr's off carefully to re use , will
be much easier

fy469rtse

Jeff
wait till you have all the sheet metal with qtr's off and trunk floor out,
you will be also able to do those rear spring perches a hell of a lot easier with great axcess,
best tip i can give you, get your hands on a good spot welder , a lot less work to the area's you can use it on , no grinding of ugly welds , much quicker