News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do you believe in sorcery/witchcraft ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, February 12, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on February 28, 2014, 09:41:42 AM
Quote from: Dino on February 28, 2014, 08:56:09 AM
Chad let me ask you something because this is what I run into a quite a lot.  When you say you believe in God, is this THE God or one of the major religions or another type of creator?  I have heard the arguments of scientist believing that some omnipotent being started it all yet few of them believe it's one of the Gods in our society today.  I need to leave that as a possibility as well, but it has nothing to do with current religions.

Someone also mentioned in this thread that out of nothing, nothing can come, as in the big bang.  So where did God come from?

I simply believe in God, whatever form or existance he/she is in.  I know it does not really answer your first question, but that is what I see when looking at the universe in detail.  I wish I had a better answer for you but I do not....

As for the second one, it may all have to do with the defination of existance.  For example: Electrons have duality (act as a particle and a lightwave at the same time), yet we know they exist as a form of matter.  If you only considered the particle or lightwave defination at a time, it becomes hard to define their exact existance because of the other actions that it can do at certain occations (ie. tunneling thru an object).  This effect leads to probablility functions for their orbitals and Hisenburg uncertainties in their location/momentums (ie. we "guess" where they are/exist)....

Yes, I am working on something that may one day explain in detail how duality is formed....

Actually the answer to the first does make sense and is in line with what I have in mind.

I was hoping you would bring up duality here but I am in awe that you are actually working on an explanation.   :2thumbs: 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chad L. Magee

Well, I have been slowly working (backburner) of my mind on it over the years.  Everyone talks about duality, but no one fully can explain why it happens the way it does.  Sure, they have mathematical equations that can map probablility of the events, but that does not explain why it appears in the first place.  I think I may have found something big that could explain how it is formed and why only certain things have it.  I say may because I could always be proven wrong (and would like to if I am wrong on this).  It is my rubics cube to solve....

One thing I will say here is that String Theory, as it is currently defined, is wrong on something (and I can see why it is defined that way).  Time will tell if/when my paper gets published on this...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Dino

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on February 28, 2014, 01:00:39 PM
Well, I have been slowly working (backburner) of my mind on it over the years.  Everyone talks about duality, but no one fully can explain why it happens the way it does.  Sure, they have mathematical equations that can map probablility of the events, but that does not explain why it appears in the first place.  I think I may have found something big that could explain how it is formed and why only certain things have it.  I say may because I could always be proven wrong (and would like to if I am wrong on this).  It is my rubics cube to solve....

One thing I will say here is that String Theory, as it is currently defined, is wrong on something (and I can see why it is defined that way).  Time will tell if/when my paper gets published on this...

The more I read about string theory, the more questions I end up with.  Unfortunately, I get so focused on gravity alone that it sometimes impedes me to look at other aspects.  I am just dying to know what that is all about.

Let's say when the paper gets published instead of if, it has a much better ring to it.    :icon_smile_big:

I sure hope I will ever see that paper because if you can crack even a tiny fragment of the puzzle it'll be one hell of a read and one to set off new discoveries.  I do hope we'll grow old enough to see a break through.   :2thumbs:

moparsr2fast

Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

oldcarnut

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 27, 2014, 12:52:37 PM
thats EXACTLY the kind of stuff I'm talking about...

and more specifically related to my Ex GF... lot of stuff changes from one day to another simply suddenly with no apparent reason... and I know he is dating with a guy related with the Yoruba religion ( Afro-Cuban religion )

I did a brief search on Yoruba but i didn't see anything stand out about them practicing any kind of witchcraft or spells on others.
http://www.howard.edu/library/reference/cybercamps/camp2002/YorubaFaith.htm

Here's a link to some who do though  http://www.thebluefairy.co.uk/

Disclaimer: The following is just my thoughts and not a judgement so no offense intended on anyone that does keep up with it. I knew someone that conducted their daily activity by first reading their Horrorscopes.  No that wasn't a typo :D. Anything that happened no matter how coincidental would be attributed to it. Some will believe it's predictable that way.  I think most of it is made up by a comedian or someone to fill space in the newspaper. I'll read them for entertainment occasionally and sometimes it was a lucky guess that it ended up comparable to the days events but that's as far as I take it. If ya try hard enough and make your mind open to be subjected to the unusual, you might convince yourself that somebody has it out for you or using methods to make whatever changes you see are happening.  Stand back and look at the situation(s) for what it is and try not to make it fit another  :Twocents:.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on February 28, 2014, 12:55:50 AM
God can not be disproven. It can't be done.

Once again believers misunderstand the concept of proof, the burden of proof lies with those who claim the existence of God; not those who doubt it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: oldcarnut on February 28, 2014, 02:34:07 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 27, 2014, 12:52:37 PM
thats EXACTLY the kind of stuff I'm talking about...

and more specifically related to my Ex GF... lot of stuff changes from one day to another simply suddenly with no apparent reason... and I know he is dating with a guy related with the Yoruba religion ( Afro-Cuban religion )

I did a brief search on Yoruba but i didn't see anything stand out about them practicing any kind of witchcraft or spells on others.
http://www.howard.edu/library/reference/cybercamps/camp2002/YorubaFaith.htm

yes they do, in fact ocassionally kill chickens and practice rituals with their blood...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldcarnut

Yep I stand corrected :slap:.  I plugged in a couple more sites and read more info..  http://africanspiritualitynow.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/84/

Tilar

Quote from: John_Kunkel on February 28, 2014, 02:59:44 PM

the burden of proof lies with those who claim the existence of God; not those who doubt it.

That explanation will make it impossible to prove because the majority of those who doubt it already have their mind made up that there is no God. I don't want it to head off in the direction of politics but it's exactly the same with politics. I can argue all day long with all the proof (from my perspective) that I can find that the current administration has killed the American dream, while someone from the left will say this administration has been the greatest thing since sliced bread. The mind is already made up so all the proof in the world won't change a thing. It's "My mind is already made up, don't confuse me with facts".
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

polywideblock

its impossible to prove because there is no proof god exists(writing by god , gods home town , any documentary evidence at all  :shruggy:).
except to those that need no proof  , those that just believe because someone said so.
called blind faith over here

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

XH29N0G

While there is thinking about things moving about by magic, there is a question that I wonder if you guys can answer.  It has been bugging me lately.

My question has to do with ions that have a charge field in water.  Water has a structure
and sets up an electrostatic field.  If we take an ion like sulfite (it is a pointy space ship looking like thing.), does it move through the water because of the interactions between its charge field and the field that is set up by the constantly changing structure of water?  How wrong am I envisioning the ions as (sort of) a mini space crafts navigating through the water?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tilar

Quote from: polywideblock on February 28, 2014, 05:53:25 PM
its impossible to prove because there is no proof god exists(writing by god , gods home town , any documentary evidence at all  :shruggy:).

You must have run out of argument because now you're not making any sense... at all.
Dave  

polywideblock

haven't resorted to sarcasm so no  ;D  concept just not put very well into word   :slap:
saying we have thousands of years of documentary evidence for everything to do with civilisation  but nothing proving  the existence of god 

history prof used to say sarcasm is the losers last resort (debating )

Mike DC

Does that stupid tree in the woods make a sound when it falls? 

Chargerguy74

Once again believers misunderstand the concept of proof, the burden of proof lies with those who claim the existence of God; not those who doubt it.

I totally disagree. I believe the burden of proof is the responsibility of both sides. Can you disprove the existence of a creator? No. Can you provide a reasonable argument against God? What automatically makes your belief correct, and all others require proof?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

polywideblock

on a side note we have a couple ,Muslims have one, Chinese  have a few, Japanese have a few, indians have hundreds ,just where do all these gods live ? and what happens if they get in a pissing match with each other ?  :scratchchin: ;)

Chargerguy74

Quote from: polywideblock on March 01, 2014, 12:49:47 AM
on a side note we have a couple ,Muslims have one, Chinese  have a few, Japanese have a few, indians have hundreds ,just where do all these gods live ? and what happens if they get in a pissing match with each other ?  :scratchchin: ;)

Oh, wow...
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Dino

Well it's been fun but some people here refuse to read so no point in going on.

Thanks to the vast majority of people from all beliefs to keep it civil.  I owe you all a firm hand shake if ever we meet.   :2thumbs:  That is if you don't mind being that close to a non believer.  I say it half joking but I expect some people will have turned their backs to me.  That's how it usually goes.   :rotz:

Nacho I hope everything works out for you.

polywideblock

hope I haven't offended anyone    :shruggy:   just a question that's be lingering in the back of my mind for some time   :yesnod:

Tilar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 01, 2014, 12:28:55 AM

Does that stupid tree in the woods make a sound when it falls? 

Why Yes, yes it does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhLJa7lYOY

Quote from: Dino on March 01, 2014, 08:40:02 AM
Well it's been fun but some people here refuse to read so no point in going on.

Thanks to the vast majority of people from all beliefs to keep it civil.  I owe you all a firm hand shake if ever we meet.   :2thumbs:  That is if you don't mind being that close to a non believer.  I say it half joking but I expect some people will have turned their backs to me.  That's how it usually goes.   :rotz:

Nacho I hope everything works out for you.
Quote from: polywideblock on March 01, 2014, 04:31:33 PM
hope I haven't offended anyone    :shruggy:   just a question that's be lingering in the back of my mind for some time   :yesnod:

I cant imagine anyone being offended, especially the way this conversation has gone. If you make it to Carlisle, I'll even sit down with you and buy you a beer or Coke or whatever it is you prefer to drink. I might even be talked into two of them.  :cheers:  :cheers:

Dave  

polywideblock

if I ever get over their ( always wanted to see the "states ")  I'll take you up on the offer    :cheers:

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Tilar on February 28, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

the burden of proof lies with those who claim the existence of God; not those who doubt it.

That explanation will make it impossible to prove because the majority of those who doubt it already have their mind made up that there is no God.

And the people that believe in God don't already have their minds made up? In the absence of any proof? Again, that's why it's called "faith".

Ask yourself this, if you were abandoned in the jungle as a baby and were raised by apes, you would likely think that there was "something" in charge of it all but would you conjure up the belief in The God of Abraham on your own? No, such things have to be put in your mind by others, whether or not to believe the story depends on the individual.

It has been said that there have been 10,000 gods since the beginning of human existence on this planet and all of those who believed in them (except the ones who invented them) did so by blind faith. Christians probably find it laughable that anybody could believe in those other 9,999 gods and people like me find it laughable that anybody with a 3-digit IQ could believe the fairy tale known as the Holy Bible.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on March 01, 2014, 12:34:42 AM

I totally disagree. I believe the burden of proof is the responsibility of both sides. Can you disprove the existence of a creator? No.

Don't have to.

QuoteCan you provide a reasonable argument against God?

Don't have to.

QuoteWhat automatically makes your belief correct, and all others require proof?

Unless you take the abstract view and want to argue that disbelief is a belief, the question is moot and just becomes verbal masturbation.

There is burden of proof in legal circles and burden of proof in philosophical circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayBys8gaJY

ACUDANUT

Quote from: polywideblock on March 01, 2014, 05:26:06 PM
if I ever get over their ( always wanted to see the "states ")  I'll take you up on the offer    :cheers:
Your not welcome here.

ws23rt

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 01, 2014, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: polywideblock on March 01, 2014, 05:26:06 PM
Your not welcome here.

Good grief--- :brickwall: