News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

do you believe in sorcery/witchcraft ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, February 12, 2014, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparsr2fast

What i am saying, is,  to a believer, the Holy Spirit guides them in ways that are opposite of his ( or her)  possible negative reaction in a hypothetical situation. Have you ever been in the situation where your spouse cheats on you, and then rakes you thru the coals when it comes to your children?  I have, and while not what one would consider a normal and sane reaction, you might be suprised what briefly goes through ones mind.
As far as stating that a religious man is better because of his belief then a non religious man, my apologies if that was inferred. I personally do not think one person is better then the next.i have seen that distinction with other people, and it is totally the opposite of how a true Christian is to view others. We are to "esteem others greater then ourselves ". And while this may be hard to do, i sir, in no way implied that I was better then you. All i meant was, we as believers are guided by the Holy Spirit, and sometimes it is totally against our very desire. Perhaps that was an extreme example, but it is applicable in something as small as a little white lie, or how many times have you heard and or used OMG?  That is actually using the Lords name in vain. To you, it may not matter, but to me it is very serious.
  You go through life seeing it the way you choose, and I do the same. It does not make one of us better then the other, it just shows the diversity of individualism. I have not gotten angry about your posts or any other that does not believe. It is not my place to judge you for your viewpoint, and I don't. So please, take that into context when you read my posts pertaining to this subject. To me, it is simple black and white. To you, it is not. It is simply who we are.

Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

Dino

Quote from: moparsr2fast on February 23, 2014, 10:23:07 AM
What i am saying, is,  to a believer, the Holy Spirit guides them in ways that are opposite of his ( or her)  possible negative reaction in a hypothetical situation. Have you ever been in the situation where your spouse cheats on you, and then rakes you thru the coals when it comes to your children?  I have, and while not what one would consider a normal and sane reaction, you might be suprised what briefly goes through ones mind.
As far as stating that a religious man is better because of his belief then a non religious man, my apologies if that was inferred. I personally do not think one person is better then the next.i have seen that distinction with other people, and it is totally the opposite of how a true Christian is to view others. We are to "esteem others greater then ourselves ". And while this may be hard to do, i sir, in no way implied that I was better then you. All i meant was, we as believers are guided by the Holy Spirit, and sometimes it is totally against our very desire. Perhaps that was an extreme example, but it is applicable in something as small as a little white lie, or how many times have you heard and or used OMG?  That is actually using the Lords name in vain. To you, it may not matter, but to me it is very serious.
  You go through life seeing it the way you choose, and I do the same. It does not make one of us better then the other, it just shows the diversity of individualism. I have not gotten angry about your posts or any other that does not believe. It is not my place to judge you for your viewpoint, and I don't. So please, take that into context when you read my posts pertaining to this subject. To me, it is simple black and white. To you, it is not. It is simply who we are.

I got too excited, no need for apologies but my apologies if I inferred anything myself.

I can agree with what you say and I would be happy to have you as my neighbor.   :2thumbs:  Doing what we can for others and treating them as we would like to be treated is about the best you can do no matter what you believe.  If you having the Holy Spirit on your side makes you a good person then I support that.  I try to do what I can to make the small world around me a better one by making a difference.  I have other things backing me up, I just wish everyone could see both sides like you and many others here do.  It hurts deep when someone you try to help turns away because of belief.   

I will also admit that there are plenty atheists who would turn their back on you just because you believe and that is just as bad.  I don't associate with those people.

Thanks for being civil.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparsr2fast

No apologies needed. I put to you that in many ways, we are more alike then different. I grew up being ridiculed because of being misunderstood. An example.... in HS, i gave an oral report on the Van Allen Radiation belts. I recieved a C minus and a good deal of scorn from my English teacher for making up a " fictional " subject. I fully understand the discrepancy  in being able to communicate due to IQ, not that I am a geniuos, because I am not, but it is often difficult to convey concepts to others.

The Holy Spirit does not make me a "good " person either. It merely helps to hold in check my negative attributes.

Last, i believe it would be fun to be neighbors... which charger is getting what done to it and all that...  :2thumbs:
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

74bluecharger440

moparsr2fast

Quote from: 74bluecharger440 on February 23, 2014, 10:52:36 AM
Kinda sounds like Homer and Flanders

Do you know how much fun it would be to run a nuclear  power plant!?!   :smilielol:
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

polywideblock

Do you question the words attributed to Caesar, Aristotle, Pliny or Tacitus

the difference between these men and Jesus is that they actually had dedicated scribes taking down what they said (just like a secretary ) Jesus was surrounded by  the common man that didn't learn to read or write till decades AFTER his death  so everything written about him apart from roman records is second hand and remembered from years before.

pliny the elder and the younger were dedicated historians way back then, the Romans and Greeks  didn't do things by halves  

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparsr2fast on February 23, 2014, 10:58:06 AM
Quote from: 74bluecharger440 on February 23, 2014, 10:52:36 AM
Kinda sounds like Homer and Flanders

Do you know how much fun it would be to run a nuclear  power plant!?!   :smilielol:

Yes, it is fun, as long as you know what you are doing.... 

I was a nuclear engineering and chemistry dual major for two years (KSU) as an undergrad, so I got some practice in with simulator controls.  They don't let you work on the real deal unless you are quite familiar with the setup.  At grad school (MU), I got to use the cooled neutron beam at MURR in a hands on experiment for my Nuclear Chemistry class....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

moparsr2fast

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on February 23, 2014, 01:17:19 PM

At grad school (MU), I got to use the cooled neutron beam at MURR in a hands on experiment for my Nuclear Chemistry class....

To me, that would be incredibly  interesting.  I would have taken the Nuclear engineering over the Chemistry. You don't remember the efficiency  of the modulator would you?
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

bull

Quote from: polywideblock on February 23, 2014, 12:23:11 PM

the difference between these men and Jesus is that they actually had dedicated scribes taking down what they said (just like a secretary ) Jesus was surrounded by  the common man that didn't learn to read or write till decades AFTER his death  so everything written about him apart from roman records is second hand and remembered from years before.

pliny the elder and the younger were dedicated historians way back then, the Romans and Greeks  didn't do things by halves  

That may play well with your personal criteria but.that's not the way it works within the world of literary criteria. You guys are all about the scientific method and that's what we're talking about here. 14,000 copies painstakingly studied and reproduced by Greek and Latin scholors means little to me but as a student of the sciences it should mean something to you. That's why I wrote it.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparsr2fast on February 23, 2014, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on February 23, 2014, 01:17:19 PM

At grad school (MU), I got to use the cooled neutron beam at MURR in a hands on experiment for my Nuclear Chemistry class....

To me, that would be incredibly  interesting.  I would have taken the Nuclear engineering over the Chemistry. You don't remember the efficiency  of the modulator would you?

No, I did not retain that information over the thirteen years since, but did know it at the time.  (Man, I feel old now!)  I was working with a set of Boron doped targets to determine the amount of absorbance per % boron concentration under the guidence of Dr. Roberson.  Basically, it was a neutron activation analysis process to determine boron poisoning of the beam.  (For the layman on here:  Boron absorbs neutrons, which can stop a fission reaction from self sustaining if not enough free neutrons are left to be absorbed by the critical mass.  Borax (contains boron) was used to "kill" the nuclear processes at the Fukijima power reactors after the cores melted.)....

Here is a link to the MURR information site that may have what you are asking for if you search around on it:

http://www.murr.missouri.edu/index.php

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

polywideblock

Quote from: bull on February 23, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
Quote from: polywideblock on February 23, 2014, 12:23:11 PM

That may play well with your personal criteria but.that's not the way it works within the world of literary criteria. You guys are all about the scientific method and that's what we're talking about here. 14,000 copies painstakingly studied and reproduced by Greek and Latin scholors means little to me but as a student of the sciences it should mean something to you. That's why I wrote it.

but they were copying and studying someone's recollection of events, not a blow by blow written as it happened . the writers were remembering what happened a decade before  sometimes longer

ws23rt

We've been telling stories since we learned to speak. And we've been miss telling them for just as long.

Fiction is what we do best and is what fills in the blanks when asked about the truth.

Science and logic is the best we have to unravel the mess without bias.

bull

but they were copying and studying someone's recollection of events, not a blow by blow written as it happened . the writers were remembering what happened a decade before  sometimes longer

Ah well, the point is moot anyway. If there had been a dozen stenographers following him around and taking down every word as it was said I'm sure the number of believers would be unchanged.

And we all know it's impossible for anyone to recall the details of a significant, three-year event they witnessed ten years prior.
:insertsarcasm:

moparsr2fast

Quote from: bull on February 23, 2014, 10:05:59 PM

Ah well, the point is moot anyway. If there had been a dozen stenographers following him around and taking down every word as it was said I'm sure the number of believers would be unchanged.

:iagree:

Thank you Mr Magee for the link. I will peruse  it  fully at my earliest convenience.
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: XH29N0G on February 23, 2014, 07:30:03 PM
Know about Oklo? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

Yes, we discussed that event in nuclear chemistry class.  It would be interesting if another one could be found still going deep under the crust....

polywideblock

I study history, I'm not disputing Jesus existed  just the facts after    :scratchchin:    as in all things there has to be two side to a discussion , can we agree to disagree about this particular topic   :cheers:   

XH29N0G

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on February 23, 2014, 10:33:58 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on February 23, 2014, 07:30:03 PM
Know about Oklo? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

Yes, we discussed that event in nuclear chemistry class.  It would be interesting if another one could be found still going deep under the crust....

I may be mistaken, but I think that one thing that was key (in addition to having the right 235/238 which is related to time ago) was having a deposit that could be mobilized and near the water table.  water did the moderating right?  I would guess that getting the deposit in a sandstone also was important.  Also think it is neat that it was predicted before it was found.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Chad L. Magee

Yes, water slowed the neutrons down enough to allow for the continuation of the chain reaction.  In a conventional nuclear reactor, they typically use either regular water or heavy water (D2O or T2O) to cover the core for this process.  The nuclear core glows blue due to the slowing down of the free neutrons.  When they are emitted out of the atom, they are actually traveling faster than the speed of light and slow down upon contact with the moderator.  In the first man-made nuclear reactor at Chicago, they used graphite blocks to do the moderation for the process, so other materials can be used as well (including liquid sodium metal)....

It could exist below the crust if certain materials were located at the same place.  We would not be able to detect it until we drilled within a certain distance because of how thick the crust is.  The best bet to finding this would be at the thin spots on the crust near the edges of the techtonic plates.  However, those usually involve fault lines that would not be smart to dig into....

bull

Quote from: polywideblock on February 23, 2014, 10:41:42 PM
I study history, I'm not disputing Jesus existed  just the facts after    :scratchchin:    as in all things there has to be two side to a discussion , can we agree to disagree about this particular topic   :cheers:   

Yup, that's the way it has to be. :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 24, 2014, 10:19:33 PM
To you anti Christians.  What year is it, 2014 AD or 2014 BC.  That's right AD. After Christ Died. (he changed the world and saved us) The truth is right there in front of you and your too blind to see it.
AD stands for Anno Domini, not after death.  Anno Domini is Latin for In the year of the Lord.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

polywideblock

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 25, 2014, 12:03:00 AM
Then why are you a non believer.?

because I DON"T have to be  :RantExplode:  I live I a free country where your free to have whatever belief  you want   or not as you chose  
                         you talk about Hitler    :whistling:

ACUDANUT

Hitler is in Hell. Do you not fear death and the afterlife ?.  Life on earth is a journey, not our destiny.

polywideblock

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 25, 2014, 11:39:11 PM
Hitler is in Hell. Do you not fear death and the afterlife ?.  Life on earth is a journey, not our destiny.

( Hitler, Mao, Stalin) take your pick    tried to force his ideas on everybody else ,whether they wanted to or not .sound familiar  :scratchchin:

NO