News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green '69 R/T build - UPDATE: 12-4-13 'CHASSIS DYNO RESULTS'

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 20, 2009, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Charger-Bodie

I am a die hard when it comes to stock apearing Chargers,BUT Your Charger is the exception.What a BADA$$ unit. Love it!!!!!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

War wagon

Any plans on running that beautiful beast down the 1320?? Very interested in the numbers if you do.

Now that you had a chance to put some miles on it, curious how you like the seats? They really suit the car and look very comfy from pics. I'm 6'6" and my OE seats don't have the factory headrests, I find them Very uncomfortable on long drives.

Your car is stunning :yesnod: and deserves all the accolades
Well done sir.... Well done :cheers:

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: War wagon on December 05, 2013, 11:00:57 AM
Any plans on running that beautiful beast down the 1320?? Very interested in the numbers if you do.

Now that you had a chance to put some miles on it, curious how you like the seats? They really suit the car and look very comfy from pics. I'm 6'6" and my OE seats don't have the factory headrests, I find them Very uncomfortable on long drives.

As soon as they reopen the local track here (used to be Firebird, now its under new management and called Wild Horse Pass), I definitely want to give it a go. Will post up results next year most likely.

I like the seats a lot, both looks and comfort. For a big guy like yourself, I would go to an off road store and try out a display model first before throwing down the cash. The side bolsters in the regular seat might be a bit tight for larger folks. They do have a wide version of the seat I bought I believe.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

War wagon

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on December 05, 2013, 12:35:21 PM
Quote from: War wagon on December 05, 2013, 11:00:57 AM

As soon as they reopen the local track here (used to be Firebird, now its under new management and called Wild Horse Pass), I definitely want to give it a go. Will post up results next year most likely.

I like the seats a lot, both looks and comfort. For a big guy like yourself, I would go to an off road store and try out a display model first before throwing down the cash. The side bolsters in the regular seat might be a bit tight for larger folks. They do have a wide version of the seat I bought I believe.

First off thanks for the heads up on the side bolsters. I was hoping they might offer that seat in different sizes.
Can't wait too see the results when you hit the track. Hopefully you'll be bringing some real slicks, with Dyno numbers like those your tires won't stand a chance. :cheers:
Curious also on your rear gear choice and stall speed in the converter...
No matter what it ends up running I bet every guy in attendance that day will wish he was going home in your car.
That's one SWEET ride you've built  :popcrn:

firefighter3931

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on December 04, 2013, 05:36:41 PM
Yep, a few jet changes and some timing = 681 RWftlbs and 441 RWhp. Not to shabby. I figured it was going to make 100 less torque and 100 more hp, but hey?

Seems like it wants more cam? I'll enjoy it as is for now. Maybe help pull some buildings down or move a train...

If I assume 25% drivetrain loss, thats roughly 900 ftlbs / 590 hp at the crank.

MS

Looking at the dyno sheet you can see it going richer as the rpms are climbing. That will hurt power a lot. You ideally want the A/F ratio in the high 12's to low 13's at WOT. At 5100 you are in the high 11's so it's getting too much fuel.  :yesnod:  Correct that and the power will move up  ;)

It does appear that it's peaking early which can be a too small camshaft issue....but with those heads at MW port i would think it should keep making power to 6K with XS290S  :scratchchin:

There's certainly more hp to unlock with tuning....i would think based on experience that combo should be in the 600hp range at the crank.

The tq numbers are definately off....now way it's making that much torque at such a low rpm. My 572 didn't make that much at the crank at those engine speeds.  ;)

Generally, i don't place much stock in chassis dyno results....i use them for tuning the A/F under load and shoot for best results. Once you get it to the track the MPH number will tell us how much power it's making.  :Twocents:

Nice job, the car looks fantastic !  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1974dodgecharger

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 05, 2013, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on December 04, 2013, 05:36:41 PM
Yep, a few jet changes and some timing = 681 RWftlbs and 441 RWhp. Not to shabby. I figured it was going to make 100 less torque and 100 more hp, but hey?

Seems like it wants more cam? I'll enjoy it as is for now. Maybe help pull some buildings down or move a train...

If I assume 25% drivetrain loss, thats roughly 900 ftlbs / 590 hp at the crank.

MS

Looking at the dyno sheet you can see it going richer as the rpms are climbing. That will hurt power a lot. You ideally want the A/F ratio in the high 12's to low 13's at WOT. At 5100 you are in the high 11's so it's getting too much fuel.  :yesnod:  Correct that and the power will move up  ;)

It does appear that it's peaking early which can be a too small camshaft issue....but with those heads at MW port i would think it should keep making power to 6K with XS290S  :scratchchin:

There's certainly more hp to unlock with tuning....i would think based on experience that combo should be in the 600hp range at the crank.

The tq numbers are definately off....now way it's making that much torque at such a low rpm. My 572 didn't make that much at the crank at those engine speeds.  ;)

Generally, i don't place much stock in chassis dyno results....i use them for tuning the A/F under load and shoot for best results. Once you get it to the track the MPH number will tell us how much power it's making.  :Twocents:

Nice job, the car looks fantastic !  :cheers:

Ron

Thanks for the feedback Ron.

I'll have another look at that A/F. I was a bit skeptical on the torque numbers as well. I might have to buy a wide-band O2 sensor and see if I can't do some tuning of my own.

Do you think I should try stepping down the jet size again? Any tuning suggestions appreciated.

"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

ChargerD100

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I remember randomly finding this car on a google search was wondering how it ended up it looks great! I need to find a garage to make some progress on my own  :buff: :pigsfly:
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html