News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LEE1 video...where is it?

Started by Dreamcar, February 09, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikesmoparperformance

WOW WOW WOW :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

I could never dreamed this topic up in years! Dream Cars post this so look for a LEE 1 video Resurrection of General Lee 1 and we and up with Jim and Travis joing this topic holy shit!! :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Thank you for cominig out! :cheers:

Guys I'am glad to see you guys on here aspecialy Travis because this guy has left the dukes planet.. He was here undercover.. Till know..Amazing! He just makes a account and post 4times :popcrn:  Like Travis said it is been 7 1/2 years ago and the car sold 3 years ago :o

I'am a very big dukes fan and read many storys about that Travis was the bad guy in this all.. But he was not. Jim and Travis wanted the best for the car..  Marvin was the bad guy in this stuff.. Travis is right the car was forsale back then as is. and nobody cares about it. Well I did but didn't have the money for it :shruggy:Then Marvin Restoration started.Because of the pictures Travis posted and did make for Marvin.. He went from Good to bad for many people... makes sens :o

I like to say this to Both.. I am very glad you guys bring this all up. But like said if you guys wanna clear things up: do this for us.. and we will all done with it..

Quote from: Dreamcar on March 03, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
(As a fan, I would love to see a rundown of what parts had to be replaced and why. That would so clear up the rumors. Maybe we could even have a section on this forum dedicated to it.)!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Then Travis sad this:
Quote from: djtbell1 on March 03, 2014, 04:49:11 AM

(Fans of Back to The Future were "hired" by Universal and restored the "hero" Delorean Time Machine, then got praise. Hell, Ray Evernham just restored a Marty Robbins race car on TV the other night (and got praise). Jim Shine and Travis Bell took a year of their lives and restored the most famous TV car of all time and we are dead men walking. Who'd want to be us? I mean we grew up on the show, restored what we considered to be our childhood hero and the community that surrounds the car hates us. Pretty stupid isn't it?)

I know the feeling yes it is stupid.. because all of the bad stores about it., To make it right back then.. maybe you should have make it to tv and make the fans involed with it ( but many did not care true)..

So to make it right now. Tell any thing there is to know about it.. Like said above this and we all are happy.. But at the other hand there will be always people who think they know anything better then you guys will.. You where there at the time.. We where not.. :shruggy:

General Lee 1 Was Just was found I think at the wrong time..  Now that Lee 1 is in bubba hands the car is gone!! :RantExplode:

Jim did a very good job on it to make it als close as possible. Budda distroy the car for what was left of it.. What kind of dumass ditch the original windshield :RantExplode: I wanna kick bubba as for this!! :slap:
Could you no save the windshield Jim? I know that budda change the interior.. It is very sad that it he did not care for the car.. :'( :'( :'(

This is how Lee 1 is now.. Like Jim said a new windshield :RantExplode: new seats.. and the Cage looks still the same.

But again thanks for posting on this forum Jim and Travis I'am very impressed by it all :popcrn: :cheers:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Ghoste

Sure brings a new perspective to it.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Ghoste on March 04, 2014, 08:57:32 AM
Sure brings a new perspective to it.

Sure does.. I notes now also that the original window sticker that was on the windshield is gone also..
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Dreamcar on March 04, 2014, 06:43:12 AM
To those who might be interested, the teaser video to the one I was looking for is still on YouTube under "resurrection of General Lee".  youtube.com/watch?v=1uzQvv1q9aw

Here you go.. This is it:

http://bcove.me/9pwdho71
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mike DC

Several pages ago somebody asked for a quick summation of this whole LEE1 controversy.  I tried to give one, assuming nobody else would try to explain things and we'd never hear from anyone who was really involved.  Knowing how this thread turned out now I would never have spoken up at all.

I called Travis "the villain in the story" back there.  In hindsight that was over the line on a topic out of my area.  I owe Travis an apology for shooting my mouth off.  Travis and I are not friends but I should admit when I'm wrong.

Having said all that . . . to all you non-DOH fans looking in on this . . .

Please keep in mind that the DOH hobby is a small world and it goes back decades.  The histories & controversies & reputations didn't exactly start with the LEE1 resto.  There had already been enough crap to fill a small book before Mr. Murphy ever bought the #71 wreck.  I'm not looking to dredge any more crap up here, just pointing out its existence.  

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 04, 2014, 11:51:14 AM

Several pages ago somebody asked for a quick summation of this whole LEE1 controversy.  I tried to give one, assuming nobody else would try to explain things and we'd never hear from anyone who was really involved.  Knowing how this thread turned out now I would never have spoken up at all.

I called Travis "the villain in the story" back there.  In hindsight that was over the line on a topic out of my area.  I owe Travis an apology for shooting my mouth off.  Travis and I fell out years ago and this is not a reconciliation attempt or bullshit friendliness.  But I want to admit when I'm wrong.

Having said all that . . . to all you non-DOH fans looking in on this . . .

Please keep in mind that the DOH hobby is a small world and it goes back decades.  The histories & controversies & reputations didn't exactly start with the LEE1 resto.  There had already been enough crap to fill a small book before Mr. Murphy ever bought the #71 wreck.  I'm not looking to dredge any more crap up here, just pointing out its existence. 

Thank you for clearing that up!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Dukes Geek

Dreamcar, Please don't trust Travis, there are plenty of other in this Dukes hobby that know just as much and have fed travis lots of info.  I don't want anyone else to be hurt by lies.

I am Bill L and I fell for the lies, because I am a trusting person. My Dad warned me about Travis, but I didn't listen.  Jump of 2003.  I went to GA in March 2003, while unemployed, and met up with Travis and Steve S. to help set up the June jump. There were Mopar magazines, other magazines, that travis wanted so you could give to the stuntmen who performed the stunts.  So, I bought them, charged them to my credit card, and shipped them to him.   I was in his wedding in October 2003, and that meant a lot to me, at the time.  We were at Indy airport to pick up Kraig for his wedding and while at Indy airport, I asked travis, "can you get those magazines around here?"  He said, "yeah, we can get them around the corner."  I felt screwed.  He always did everything in the name of the fan club. 

What else went on when Kraig met his girlfriend at WV state fair?  Didn't borrow a General Lee and tell the owners that the car would stay locked in a dealership all week, yet you put 1000 miles on it? And told them how much money they would make, and when the time came to pay, you gave them half and told them the dealership stiffed you? You could have taken the money you made on photos and honored what you told those people what they would be paid. Always about the $$, not the friends. 

Didn't Kraig own the Bluesmobile?  Didn't that car get sold illegally to guys in Japan because travis forged kraig's signature?  And travis kept the $10,000?  I guess that was storage fees. Kraig didn't even know the car was sold.

Travis, you wish Kraig well? Did you find religion?  Kraig had a girlfriend and when he gets one, you can't stand it, cause you are the center of attention and he isn't spending his money on you, but a girl instead.  Don't you have two ex-wives Travis?  Didn't they divorce you?  How did you finance most of your ventures, Kraig's money. Then when that dried up, you found Marvin Murphy and his money.  I sensed you were jealous of me when I had a girlfriend also.

Storing cars at people's houses for free?  Didn't Kraig store vehicles at your house, namely a full marked police car, and you used it to get free food and car washes, and bragged about it?  You would use his vehicles and make him pay the maintenance.

I still have the same friends I started this Dukes hobby with, many of them, but you can't even be associated with the hobby?  I had to gain back trust from others in the hobby that always associated me with travis, because I used to be his right hand man.  Most of these Dukes fans felt sorry for me and that I trusted travis, because they saw through all the BS.  Guess I was gullible.

List of people that must be wrong, because Travis is always right.
Bill L., Gary S, Reagan, Frank D, Richard C., Smith Brothers, any stuntman associated with the Dukes, any cast member from the Dukes of Hazzard , the city of Covington, GA.  I believe there was no insurance for the jump and the barracades were not filled with water to stop the cars, if it lost control?  Didn't you use up the Knight Rider hobby and call those people a bunch of geeks. I believe it was  July 30, 2005, you called me on the phone and told me Rich Sephton's Stand Up General Lee was repossessed at Dukesfest, after you told him not to go there. Then you said, I helped him get the car once, I ain't helping him again.  Some friend you are.  You did it for the fame, to say I helped Rich get his car back. Then when you weren't in the spotlight, you didn't want anything to do with it.

You never asked me why our friendship ended.  You never called me when my father passed away, but your ex-wife sent condolences.  I was tired of the lies and bs that you would tell people.

Messageboards....tbell, you wanted everyone to do the dirty work, and then everyone always feels sorry for you. You never tell people the whole story, only the part of the story that makes you look good, and you never tell the same story the same way. 

Funny, I never heard that Marvin wanted all the evidence of LEE 1 to be destroyed. That's news to me.  After Lee 1 was completed, why was Marvin calling around trying to find the original parts to his car, so he could destroy them?  Since they weren't destroyed like he instructed or because he was lied to about the original parts still being on the car ??  And yes he did call me.  I don't know what's lies or truth, and I don't care.  This is from the outside looking in.  There are many people in the Dukes hobby that respect me, but if your name is brought up, people cringe. So, how can so many people be wrong and you be right?

Guess you learned how to work on cars, cause you sure didn't know anything about drum brakes on a 69 Charger when I worked on them in NY before you did your first cross country journey in Players Run.

LEE 1 trunk lid, I have that picture of you in your players run shirt, with the hood in the back of your red blazer and a smile on your face. I called Holman's bodyshop in 2006 and asked them about you, and they weren't to keen on you.  So, it surprises me that there was paperwork saying it was ok about LEE 1 deck lid.

How many true, life long Dukes friends do you have travis, count on one handl?  I have many, that I can trust and they trust me.

You found another real General Lee, just like the other real one you found years ago, which was a hoax?

How did you come up with the mounting tabs for the small GA style pushbars?

Guess the truth hurts.

myk

Ghoste

I don't know Myk, I honestly don't know who's right or wrong on any of this because I've never been in the DOH stuff but I think we've accidentally opened up a debate that has already occured years before on DOH specific boards. :shruggy:

Mike DC

QuoteI don't know Myk, I honestly don't know who's right or wrong on any of this because I've never been in the DOH stuff but I think we've accidentally opened up a debate that has already occured years before on DOH specific boards.

Bingo.  

It's old shit and there's a lot of it.

JB400

It's sort of to be expected.  Hopefully, the bashing don't get out of control since everyone has their own side of the story.  However, if they get off the bashing each other and start highlighting the actual restoration itself, maybe we can put a few myths to rest.  There seems to be lot of doubt over which parts were on the car originally, and how much are still on it.  A few more pix of the resto would be nice.  I understand the schedule was hectic.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on March 04, 2014, 09:52:09 AM
Quote from: Dreamcar on March 04, 2014, 06:43:12 AM
To those who might be interested, the teaser video to the one I was looking for is still on YouTube under "resurrection of General Lee".  youtube.com/watch?v=1uzQvv1q9aw

Here you go.. This is it:

http://bcove.me/9pwdho71

I  can't get the link to work. Is it working for anyone else??
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

70 sublime

I can see it

Comes up saying

Stand alone Video player

and then plays it in a new screen
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Homerr

The personal attacks are not cool, by anyone toward anyone else.

Try to confine comments to your own personal experience, not what you were told by others.

Video link works for me.  Try a different browser?

Myk - here is what has been happening, apparently for years:

djtbell1

I deleted it, you understand. I can prove everything but what does it prove? Even when you weren't there, you believe what others make up. I have posted 5 times in 7 years but it's all the same crap, over and over. You know how refreshing it's been not to deal with this shit for the last 7 years?

It's not worth it, people come here to learn about Chargers. I shall return to my real life, real friends, better half, kids, and my Charger.

Travis Bell

Chargen69

somebody lock this POS thread up before it gets personal   :popcrn:

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: djtbell1 on March 04, 2014, 03:35:46 PM
I deleted it, it's not worth it, you understand.

I know you would do this so I saved it..
I'm glad that I have read it all in time thanks for posting :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

CornDogsCharger

This is why I stopped replying. Pissing matches are no fun. But if we get back on the subject of Lee 1 I'd be interested in seeing some restoration photos and hear more about what all was done, and not done to the car.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on March 04, 2014, 04:29:04 PM
This is why I stopped replying. Pissing matches are no fun. But if we get back on the subject of Lee 1 I'd be interested in seeing some restoration photos and hear more about what all was done, and not done to the car.

Justin
"CornDog"

:iagree:

Lets do that :cheers:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Ghoste

Its probably how it got to be about the people instead of the car in the first place?

Dreamcar

So here's my invitation to Travis and Jim...just a simple list all the parts of the car and what was done or not done and why...all in one post. This would put an end to all of this, and the true Charger /DoH fans would know what was done to Lee 1.

Are you guys up for it?  Most of us here would greatly appreciate it, just like we appreciate you participating in this discussion. And most of us do not want to get involved in the disputes, we just care about the car. I will admit that the did look nice once done.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

JB400

Unless Jim speaks up or Travis changes his mind, it looks like it won't happen.  A shame, because that is what I was hoping for all along.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Dreamcar

GL#10

QuoteIt's sort of to be expected.  Hopefully, the bashing don't get out of control since everyone has their own side of the story.  However, if they get off the bashing each other and start highlighting the actual restoration itself, maybe we can put a few myths to rest.  There seems to be lot of doubt over which parts were on the car originally, and how much are still on it.  A few more pix of the resto would be nice.  I understand the schedule was hectic.
:iagree:
The thread was started about a lee-1 video  , some other members asked questions about the resto of lee-1 , what was done , i gave my input from when i was there and what was done  :Twocents:,

this was all played out in 2006-7  ,  and here we are 2014  and people are asking the same questions , what went into the resto , but instead of speaking the truth , they side track you
distract you ,with fairy tales ,  then there is the blame game , lets make the one guy responsible(Marvin) for the restoration out to be the bad guy , the one who can't speak up and tell he side .

Talk to the guys that built the cars in Ga , ask them why there is a fake lee-1 trunk lid hanging in place of the real one , there are so many truths about want went on with the build of this charger all you need to do is weed  through the B.s and distraction's to see what really happened .

Pictures don't lie :2thumbs: .