News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LEE1 video...where is it?

Started by Dreamcar, February 09, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

A few years ago, Inside Line had a video that was about 10 min long documenting the find and restoration of Lee 1. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can see it?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Baldwinvette77

All i know is that someone bought it at barret jackson for like 100k  :shruggy:

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Cooter

That video has some controversy surrounding it and I think the owner (Diablo himself TB) removed it as the car was a rebody.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

jaak

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 09, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
All i know is that someone bought Lee 1's firewall, windshield, dash, and VIN at barret jackson for like 100k  :shruggy:

Fixed it for ya.

Jason

Ghoste

And people wonder why I whine about rebodies.

sanders7981

Quote from: jaak on February 09, 2014, 10:48:58 AM
Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on February 09, 2014, 08:44:27 AM
All i know is that someone bought Lee 1's firewall, windshield, dash, and VIN at barret jackson for like 100k  :shruggy:

Fixed it for ya.

Jason

:rofl: :smilielol:  nice!! 

jaak

IIRC, the usable roof, rollcage and some other parts were sold off to collectors. I guess all this wound up in the scrap pile...

Jason

Dreamcar

Holy crap...from what I remember about the video, that makes what was in the video an outright lie! I seem to remember saying they had simply pulled the body straight again.

JB400

Dreamcar

No the one I was looking for was from Inside Line and about 10 min long. I think TB was narrating.

marshallfry01

If TB has anything to say or do with it, it's a lie. :Twocents:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

VegasCharger

The second video that Stroker posted in the video he kept saying 71 for the model year WTF  :shruggy:

Mikesmoparperformance

I think I must Have that video somewhere will look for you!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Dreamcar

That would be great...I'm so disappointed though now that I know that Lee 1 is not much more than a replica of itself.

Mikesmoparperformance

A donor Charger was melded together with what was left of the General, and nearly everyone was shocked when the original "landing damage" from the General's famous jump pulled out straight on the frame machine. The frame rails in the car were left crushed for history's sake, and the unibody under the hood was cut, sectioned, and repaired, but in the end the General had enough structure to drive another day. -   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See more at: http://www.themusclecarplace.com/tmcp-podcast-125-jim-shine-on-restoring-lee-1#sthash.jODpmsXl.dpuf
MOPAR OR NO CAR

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Dreamcar on February 10, 2014, 06:42:54 PM
That would be great...I'm so disappointed though now that I know that Lee 1 is not much more than a replica of itself.

That is True, it was just a doner 69 Charger With the Tags of LEE 1 nothing more.. Well only the engine and Window. The rest is just a 69 charger... nothing special. :'(

When it was online It though it had download it from the website. I have a big collection of picturers of LEE 1. I will look in to it I hoop i have it!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

cdr

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 10, 2014, 02:29:38 AM
The second video that Stroker posted in the video he kept saying 71 for the model year WTF  :shruggy:

he is referring to when it had  71 painted on the car.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Cooter

Gary Schneider got into it with the Diablo(TB) over that car. It was then he sold his share (1/2) of the car over to TB.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dreamcar

Quote from: Cooter on February 10, 2014, 08:28:42 PM
Gary Schneider got into it with the Diablo(TB) over that car. It was then he sold his share (1/2) of the car over to TB.

The fact that was allowed to happen to Lee 1 is just sad :'(  Did Lee 2 and 3 survive?

Cooter

Yes. Sold a few times I'm sure.....

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: Dreamcar on February 10, 2014, 08:35:56 PM

The fact that was allowed to happen to Lee 1 is just sad :'(  Did Lee 2 and 3 survive?

No both got Jumped!

p.s still looking for the video!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

ws23rt

If the original LEE1 was in front of us what would be the identifiers?  How would the questions about it being real be put to rest?

From what I read this will be a topic that will never be resolved. :Twocents:

Dreamcar

Quote from: ws23rt on February 11, 2014, 07:55:52 PM
If the original LEE1 was in front of us what would be the identifiers?  How would the questions about it being real be put to rest?

From what I read this will be a topic that will never be resolved. :Twocents:

Between this thread and this post I saw yesterday, I know the real Lee1 is basically gone, regardless how good the recreation is:
http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=13567

Mike DC

LEE1/#71 (Oxford college car)  - was mostly parted-out during the resto.  

LEE2 (Elm st car) -  known to have been crushed in a Georgia junkyard in the late 80s.

LEE3 (no rollcage) -  was jumped in Cali, early in season #2.  It would have been junked like other Cali GLs.