News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LEE1 video...where is it?

Started by Dreamcar, February 09, 2014, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Careful fellas......I have been over here trying to gain respect for anything DOH related.

We wouldn't want this same ol BULLSH*T about a car that hopefully will never see the light of day again undo all that hard work and respect we DOH fans FINALLY seem to getting here would we?

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

CornDogsCharger

Dreamcar, 7 pages later you finally got your video. Ha!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

GL#10

QuoteSo here's my invitation to Travis and Jim...just a simple list all the parts of the car and what was done or not done and why...all in one post. This would put an end to all of this, and the true Charger /DoH fans would know what was done to Lee 1.

Are you guys up for it?  Most of us here would greatly appreciate it, just like we appreciate you participating in this discussion. And most of us do not want to get involved in the disputes, we just care about the car. I will admit that the did look nice once don
:iagree:

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on March 04, 2014, 06:17:50 PM
Dreamcar, 7 pages later you finally got your video. Ha!

Justin
"CornDog"

Well no.. On page 2 this was posted..

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 12, 2014, 06:04:28 PM
Here you go :cheers:  Close to the bottom of the page.  n

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dukes-of-Hazzard-Restoration-of-the-1st-General-Lee-DVD-/330668599560?nma=true&si=xuLIoBfc7CRy7Lkm1ffgbq6ghgs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I Just get the video link and posted that agian here for him.. so I don't if he saw this link of stroker 440 wedge?

I checked the link of the video. but it is encoded I can't download it.. I must record it of my screen to save it before it is off the internet.. :shruggy:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

tan top

Quote from: Dreamcar on March 04, 2014, 04:50:45 PM
So here's my invitation to Travis and Jim...just a simple list all the parts of the car and what was done or not done and why...all in one post. This would put an end to all of this, and the true Charger /DoH fans would know what was done to Lee 1.

Are you guys up for it?  Most of us here would greatly appreciate it, just like we appreciate you participating in this discussion. And most of us do not want to get involved in the disputes, we just care about the car. I will admit that the did look nice once done.
Quote from: CornDogsCharger on March 04, 2014, 04:29:04 PM
This is why I stopped replying. Pissing matches are no fun. But if we get back on the subject of Lee 1 I'd be interested in seeing some restoration photos and hear more about what all was done, and not done to the car.

Justin
"CornDog"

:iagree:   :cheers:    

I realise there is some bad feeling going on to say the least  , I appreciate your time in posting Guys  & trying to fill us in who weren't actually  involved in the resto of lee one who done what to who &  how & why ! &  how  what for etc  !!  no offence , would rather  just see pictures of lee one resto & get a definitive answer & pictures of the build  / resto  etc !!  

:cheers: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

sanders7981

Well this shit got out of hand...  Can we please move past the he said she said back and forth and on to more pics? 

Chargen69

which one is the "HE" and which one is the "SHE"

bahahaha :smilielol:

69wannabe

No pic's yet??? Not a surprise!! Would really be nice to see evidence of the truth here but I doubt it it ever happen. Sad, just sad.  ::)

TUFCAT

Like many, I watched DOH religiously every Friday night at 8:00.  Thankfully, I never became a super fan.  :brickwall:  

Cooter

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 17, 2014, 01:05:37 PM
Like many, I watched DOH religiously every Friday night at 8:00.  Thankfully, I never became a super fan.  :brickwall:  

I heard you did become a superfan of the 4dr Baccaruda.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: 69wannabe on March 16, 2014, 03:27:15 PM
No pic's yet??? Not a surprise!! Would really be nice to see evidence of the truth here but I doubt it it ever happen. Sad, just sad.  ::)

We can forget that indeed...
MOPAR OR NO CAR

TUFCAT

Quote from: Cooter on March 17, 2014, 06:32:02 PM

I heard you did become a superfan of the 4dr Baccaruda.

Lol Cooter, the 4-door Barracuda thread has gone over 23 pages ...you DOH guys have got nuthin' on that! :sarcasmalert:... :D :icon_smile_wink:

knightprowl

After all this time. No one has thought to ask what color LEE 1 really was? Well why hasn't anyone asked? We dukes fans should know. We need to know. Is it hemi orange like most dukes fans say? Is it 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame with more red and black as Jim Shine said in his video? Surely its not such a secret that no one knows somewhere that isn't being secretive about it like Travis Bell has been.

Does anyone have any idea what color LEE 1 really was on the show? I myself asked Desert Valley Auto Parts once when they where working on it after Bubba Watson bought it. They scanned the color yet when I asked they said they didn't know because they didn't keep it. Sadly they never saw it again and so we may never know from them. As for Jim Shine I sent him a PM to see if he knows. I will reply once he tells me. However I don't think he knows and if he does he might not want to share it.

However I begged him to tell me if he knows what color it is and if he don't what his estimated percentage of red and black that should be added to 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame to make it as close to the color as possible without the actual color code. So I am hoping he has some clue as to what it would be if he don't know the actual color code. However I will keep my fingers crossed that he does know and that he will tell me so that all the dukes fans of the world that love LEE 1 myself included can finally get the color code or the closest color to LEE 1 as humanly possible. So wish me luck on this. I will need it.

Thank you and Peace

familymopar

Quote from: knightprowl on September 18, 2014, 11:11:23 PM
After all this time. No one has thought to ask what color LEE 1 really was? Well why hasn't anyone asked? We dukes fans should know. We need to know. Is it hemi orange like most dukes fans say? Is it 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame with more red and black as Jim Shine said in his video? Surely its not such a secret that no one knows somewhere that isn't being secretive about it like Travis Bell has been.

Does anyone have any idea what color LEE 1 really was on the show? I myself asked Desert Valley Auto Parts once when they where working on it after Bubba Watson bought it. They scanned the color yet when I asked they said they didn't know because they didn't keep it. Sadly they never saw it again and so we may never know from them. As for Jim Shine I sent him a PM to see if he knows. I will reply once he tells me. However I don't think he knows and if he does he might not want to share it.

However I begged him to tell me if he knows what color it is and if he don't what his estimated percentage of red and black that should be added to 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame to make it as close to the color as possible without the actual color code. So I am hoping he has some clue as to what it would be if he don't know the actual color code. However I will keep my fingers crossed that he does know and that he will tell me so that all the dukes fans of the world that love LEE 1 myself included can finally get the color code or the closest color to LEE 1 as humanly possible. So wish me luck on this. I will need it.

Thank you and Peace

Good luck.  Weren't Lee's different colors depending on season, movie, etc?  I don't really know, but I had heard they were slightly different sometimes.

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

knightprowl

Yeah they where you are correct on this. They used 4 colors that I know of and sometimes mixed and matched especially in the first few seasons. However the later seasons used 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame 95% of the time and I believe they used hemi orange as well as hugger orange later on as well at times. But they used those colors for sure in the early seasons. As for the movies from 2005 and 2007 I don't really know as I am not a fan of those movies.

I have heard hemi orange as well as AMC big bad orange however I myself do not know. Same for the reunion movies from 1997 and 2000. I believe they used 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame on those movies. However John Schneider's Personal general lee used on the second reunion movie has hemi orange or at least it did at the time of the movie. But yes many colors where used in the show and the movies.

However I am more of a fan of the Georgia Era and LEE 1, LEE 2 and LEE 3 but LEE 1 as it is the least shown and the very first general lee made as well as it made what I consider the best jump the general lee ever made. Plus I am like other LEE 1 fans and are curious to know everything there is about LEE 1. I myself have devoted the last few years making a list of everything I know about LEE 1 from websites and personal testimony in videos.

As well as made a huge collection of images and some videos for LEE 1. Now I am not saying that my list is 100% accurate however I believe it is at least 90% to 95% accurate. Sadly we may never know everything about LEE 1 as it was back in 1978. But I have done my best to change all that with my list and my photobucket album of pictures and videos. And most of the pictures and videos are of the restored LEE 1 replica. But I have fixed the issues I know of with the restored LEE 1 to be more accurate to LEE 1 from the show.

Such as the roll bar look. Factory saddle tan interior colors and not the colors used on the restored LEE 1. Using a new LA college sticker as it was on the show and not the now torn one as on the restored LEE 1 and much more. So if anyone wants either one then please get the links from the bottom of this post. I hope they help everyone who is making a LEE 1 replica now or someday myself included or want to make there LEE 1 more accurate. Then I believe my list and pictures and videos can help. I am just trying to do my part as a dukes fan and help others who are in love with LEE 1 like myself as well as those who are generally curious about LEE 1. Anyways the links are below.

Thank you and Peace.

Links:

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/knightprowl/library/General%20Lee%20One

http://www.filedropper.com/generalleeoneinformationlist

C500

Quote from: knightprowl on September 18, 2014, 11:34:41 PM
Yeah they where you are correct on this. They used 4 colors that I know of and sometimes mixed and matched especially in the first few seasons. However the later seasons used 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame 95% of the time and I believe they used hemi orange as well as hugger orange later on as well at times. But they used those colors for sure in the early seasons. As for the movies from 2005 and 2007 I don't really know as I am not a fan of those movies.

I have heard hemi orange as well as AMC big bad orange however I myself do not know. Same for the reunion movies from 1997 and 2000. I believe they used 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame on those movies. However John Schneider's Personal general lee used on the second reunion movie has hemi orange or at least it did at the time of the movie. But yes many colors where used in the show and the movies.

However I am more of a fan of the Georgia Era and LEE 1, LEE 2 and LEE 3 but LEE 1 as it is the least shown and the very first general lee made as well as it made what I consider the best jump the general lee ever made. Plus I am like other LEE 1 fans and are curious to know everything there is about LEE 1. I myself have devoted the last few years making a list of everything I know about LEE 1 from websites and personal testimony in videos.

As well as made a huge collection of images and some videos for LEE 1. Now I am not saying that my list is 100% accurate however I believe it is at least 90% to 95% accurate. Sadly we may never know everything about LEE 1 as it was back in 1978. But I have done my best to change all that with my list and my photobucket album of pictures and videos. And most of the pictures and videos are of the restored LEE 1 replica. But I have fixed the issues I know of with the restored LEE 1 to be more accurate to LEE 1 from the show.

Such as the roll bar look. Factory saddle tan interior colors and not the colors used on the restored LEE 1. Using a new LA college sticker as it was on the show and not the now torn one as on the restored LEE 1 and much more. So if anyone wants either one then please get the links from the bottom of this post. I hope they help everyone who is making a LEE 1 replica now or someday myself included or want to make there LEE 1 more accurate. Then I believe my list and pictures and videos can help. I am just trying to do my part as a dukes fan and help others who are in love with LEE 1 like myself as well as those who are generally curious about LEE 1. Anyways the links are below.

Thank you and Peace.

Links:

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/knightprowl/library/General%20Lee%20One

http://www.filedropper.com/generalleeoneinformationlist

Are you going to delete your posts on this thread too.. or keep them there for the benefit of others in the future?  :shruggy:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Ghoste

knightprowl

That is correct I am no longer doing that. Thanks for posting that Ghoste. Also I just got my PM from Jim Shine. I have posted what he said below. Hopefully it works out and someday we will know what color LEE 1 really was but as I told him for now we will have to deal with the painter adding what he thinks is the right amount of red and black to 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame until we know for sure what the real color of LEE 1 was. Anyways the messages are below.

Thank you and Peace.

QuoteHello. The problem is it doesn't have a code. It does not match up to any color in the database. It had to be mixed custom breaking down each pigment amount (that is how I know it has more red and black).

But the real kicker is, we went through all that and the car faded within the first year barely getting any exposure to UV's. After it faded it was almost dead on to my Flame Red painted car (the paint on my car was 4-5 years old by that time).

The 71 car door is from the first closeup car. The jamb is still orange (they welded the door shut before painting). That paint is identical to Lee1's paint before fading. I also have paint chips from the Elm Street jump car, which has 2 layers of orange. The first matches Lee1's, the second is straight ahead Flame Red. Some day I will get those all analyzed and see what the computer says.

I am on my way out to a convention, so I wont be around until Sunday or Monday to reply.

There is a lot of stuff I never talked about in regards to that car. I need to do something with it some day as I am starting to forget it.

Here is Lee1 in the fall of 2007 beside my car. I know orange is hard to photograph, but if there was a stark difference, you would see it. My car is Flame Red. Lee1 faded to the point where when you opened the doors, the redder color still was in the jambs, so it had a "tan line" of sorts. That is what we got for using crap Acme paint. I guess they didn't have this problem back then as the paint rarely ever fully cured before the car died.

Cncguy

Quote from: knightprowl on September 18, 2014, 11:11:23 PM

Thank you and Peace

Why not just paint it straight 75 corvette flame red? I'm not sure you would notice a difference unless you parked them side by side. Even then with fading the cars are going to get lighter

knightprowl

You have a point on that. They will fade over time anyways. And I probably will go that direction. I am just curious as to what color it really was mostly. But yes 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame and no added red or black would be fine anyways. Plus the color difference probably isn't that much. I am guessing that neither red or black percentages are over 10 to 15 percent more if that.

So as your saying unless you placed the restored LEE 1 next to a normal 1975 corvette flame red/orange without added red or black then you really couldn't tell much of a difference with the naked eye. But still since accuracy is what I am after I would still want to add more red and black to it. Just because its all about accuracy for me. So I might do it anyways but if the painter does not want to deal with it then normal 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame will do. But to each his own I guess.

Thank you and Peace.

Dreamcar

Quote from: knightprowl on September 19, 2014, 12:38:24 PM
You have a point on that. They will fade over time anyways. And I probably will go that direction. I am just curious as to what color it really was mostly. But yes 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame and no added red or black would be fine anyways. Plus the color difference probably isn't that much. I am guessing that neither red or black percentages are over 10 to 15 percent more if that.

So as your saying unless you placed the restored LEE 1 next to a normal 1975 corvette flame red/orange without added red or black then you really couldn't tell much of a difference with the naked eye. But still since accuracy is what I am after I would still want to add more red and black to it. Just because its all about accuracy for me. So I might do it anyways but if the painter does not want to deal with it then normal 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame will do. But to each his own I guess.

Thank you and Peace.

Don't forget that your car will likely need to be painted gold first like Lee1, then Orange to look exactly perfect. The color under the orange can have an effect on how the topcoat looks.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

knightprowl

Trust me I know. As my list states it must be painted T3 light bronze metallic for the base coat and the other areas I have listed first and then 1975 corvette flame red/orange flame for the other coats and areas I have listed. Plus I have devoted the last few years of my free time to gathering as much information on LEE 1 as I can from various sources and I am planning to do so from Jim Shine next. I sent him a PM asking to look over my list and tell me what I got wrong if anything and what needs to be added if I have forgot something. So if he will then I might have an even more accurate LEE 1 list as well as even more pictures and videos not made to the public.

In other words I am close to knowing LEE 1 more then the ones that made it at Warner Brothers back in 1978. Sure I don't know it all nor do I claim to and no one person does either. But I have made it my goal to know as much as humanly possible about LEE 1 the way it was back in 1978 and to have the most complete and accurate list of information on LEE 1 as I can make. So that everyone who loves LEE 1 like I do and want to make an accurate LEE 1 replica to how it was back in 1978 as I do then they can without having to browse the internet looking for information or pictures and videos from random websites and forums or trying to contact the people who made it or restored it and just get my list and view my photobucket as a one stop shop for all your LEE 1 information needs so to speak.

So until that day comes I will not rest and I will not stop until I know everything I can about LEE 1 and can put that information in my list for all the world to see and learn. So for now the list and pictures and videos I have of LEE 1 will have to do. But someday I hope to know everything there is about LEE 1 that I can and put it all into my list and photobucket album for everyone's enjoyment and to help those who want to make an accurate LEE 1 replica as much as I do. All I can say for now is to wish me luck on it and hopefully someday in the near future I will achieve my goal so that everyone can prosper from it. Until then I will keep at it and keep on gathering information, pictures and videos of LEE 1.

Thank you and Peace.

Cncguy

knightprowl

Thanks I will need it. But yes hopefully everything will work out and us dukes fans can finally have a complete list of information on LEE 1 as well as as many pictures and videos of LEE 1 as possible. But for now as I said above my list and photobucket album so far will have to do until that day comes. But thanks again for support.

Thank you and Peace.