News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Maybe time for a new project?

Started by xs29bb1, September 26, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29bb1

As some of you know, my triple black '68 R/T was finished several months ago and that car was restored back to stock.  Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how much you like, you know having money lying around) I may have been bitten by the B-body bug a bit too hard, as I'm already thinking about a second one.

This time though, instead of going w/ a "keep it as perfect as you can" stock restoration - I was thinking a bit of a resto-mod.

I'm thinking of finding like a base '69 Coronet (preferably a coupe - M21 code) and cloning a '69 HEMI Super Bee w/ a stock exterior appearance, stock interior and a new crate HEMI - and it has to have a 4-spd.  HEMI Orange, Black Interior w/ buckets, and black stripe - no vinyl top. 

I want to have something I can easily drive wherever/whenever I want and not be worried about having something happen to the "show car" - but at the same time, I want it to look and sound bad ass.  I thought the stock looking '69 HEMI Bee w/ the modern drivetrain would fit the bill.

Thoughts?

Also, which of the seemingly endless crate HEMIs to go with?  I have ZERO experience w/ them.  The 572 w/ 650+HP sounds like some serious overkill to me.  How the hell am I going to even launch the thing w/ no traction control?

Anyway, this is just what I've been thinking about over the past few days..... if it gathers any steam, my wife might kill me so the project might not get off the ground regardless.

Have a great weekend!   I will be taking the Charger out tomorrow, looking forward to that!!   :cheers:

Wicked72

yeah money lying around..... oh you mean the spare change on my floor?  :shruggy:    :smilielol:

650 would be ok but since you got the cash how about one of these!!!! http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/engines/mopar/Twin-Turbo-Daily-Driver-Series.html   :nana:

I love the 69 style super bee which one day will be my next project for sure.

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected