News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"I [blank] The Dukes of Hazzard!"

Started by sweetseventy, March 08, 2006, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you love or hate the Dukes?

I hate Dukes of Hazzard!
61 (27.7%)
I love Dukes of Hazzard!
159 (72.3%)

Total Members Voted: 220

sweetseventy

I am just doing this poll because I have heard alot of people say they hate the Dukes of Hazzards for ruining all those second gen chargers, but then you got so many people replicating them. I would like to know if there are more Duke Supporters than Duke Haters.

Poll By Sweetseventy :drive:

The Ghoul

tie'in it up for the good ol duke boys.
I gotta say that even if it wasent for a 69 charger being the star Id still love it.

CaptMarvel

While I was never crazy over the show, I did like the simple, fun premise & of course the use of American big block cars (the Mopars especially) I liked the earliest few seasons the best & also the fact that they portrayed southern people in a positive light, unlike the PC cowards who make movies & tv shows today who are so afraid to show any goodness in white southern people who may be a little proud of their heritage (note: you never saw black people shown disfavorably on DOH) So all in all, I'd say it was a good show, it didnt make you think too hard (I like that in a TV show) I've got plenty of historical & inspirational books to read when I want to think...I dont need it shoved on me when watching TV. For the same reason, I liked Seinfeld.. ;)

dd44068

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

darkside

My charger is in the shop being painted orange flame as we speak.The general lee is the number 1 famous movie car of all time.I've seen general lee replicas bring more that some original chargers.

joedotts

if it werent for the dukes i would probably never fallen in love with the charger. since then ive learned the charger is much more that the dukes, its simply the best car ever created...

oh and seeing the best car ever made jumping over barns and doing fishtales on every turn doesnt hurt either... its well worth the sacrafice that the car is so well documented being so BAD ASS

69charger2002

for as many hate votes as there are, they sure didn't reply to the post. just left their negative feedback and split.  :)
i also voted the obvious...   ;D
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Khyron

were is the "I am extremely entertained by the Dukes of Hazard"?

I don't hate them, I don't love them, but the show does entertain me.

But I do love the General Lee, like the paint or don't like the paint. There is a 69 Charger under it  ;D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

sweetseventy

Quote from: Khyron on March 08, 2006, 09:50:23 PM
were is the "I am extremely entertained by the Dukes of Hazard"?

I don't hate them, I don't love them, but the show does entertain me.

But I do love the General Lee, like the paint or don't like the paint. There is a 69 Charger under it  ;D

Yeah I have to agree with you there, it is extremely entertaining...But don't you find all the episodes very similiar? 2 bad guys come to town in a LTD with suits on and steal the duke boys car and leave it in town and leave the the Dukes to walk all the way from nowhere to town and then the dukes stop them from doing a big scam with Boss Hogg?.....I just feel Desjavieu(Give me a break, I don't know how to spell it!) every episode.

Keep them votes and posts coming People!

gnrl01

I obviously liked the car well enough to make myh own replica of the car, I think the show had some simple values in it with alot of clean fun. A show that was never meant to be taken seriously but make you drool over a sexy set of legs and a charger that was like a superhero!  :icon_smile_big:

Don
midwesthotrods.us

Judhudson

I love the show!  I just wished I could afford a 69' Charger.  Maybe someday :D

jaak

my favorite episode was when two shady characters came to town and cooked up a scheme with boss hogg, And Uncle Jesse waits until an hour before the mortgage is due on the farm to pay it, but has to use it to bail Bo and Luke out of jail for some bogus charge against them,
and Daisy serves a basket of fried chicken in some sexy outfit to lure Enos away from the line of duty, so Cooter can bust them out, Which leads to a chase between the Dukes and Rosco on the back roads of Hazzard, The boys make a big jump, Rosco wrecks, the Dukes call the FBI, stop the badguys, pay the mortgage on time, are cleared of all charges, and have a drink at the Boars nest.

Remember that one, thats my favorite!

Jason

69charger2002

those 147 episodes were the good ones......
:icon_smile_big:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

DodgeChargerNeeded

Well i think its obvious. Name another show that debuted in 1979 and now in 2006 it is even more popular then it was in 1979. Yes you have the other shows with cars in them like Knight Rider, etc. but I pretty much think Dukes of Hazzard kills all those shows. By the way I'm a dukes of hazzard lover in search on my dream General Lee.
Jeff

TK73

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 08, 2006, 11:39:22 PM
those 147 episodes were the good ones......
:icon_smile_big:
trav

147?  I thought it was 1 episode they ran over and over for about 6 years...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

CB

I loved it at age 10. Now I just like to watch it because of the Charger plays a big role.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Bullit_68

I always liked that show since i was a kid but i always felt bad when they wrecked a charger.

Ghoste

Hater here.  I didn't like watching them destroy the cars then and it disgusts me even more now.  At least then they had no idea of what they were doing.  The movie of last year and the Dukesfests are both venues where they should know better.

hemihead

Sad to think that they turn a Street Legend into a cartoon character.The show had no imagination,every episode was the same plot over and over.Good show to put you to sleep with.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

greenpigs

When I was a kid I watched it all the time, and yes wanted a 69 Charger because of the show. I did not want a General Lee...just a 69 Charger as the 01 and flag was never something I liked. Hate is too strong of a word for my view of the DOH TV series in fact I like it. It is the continued jumping of Chargers for BS DOH gatherings that I HATE.

What is the point of that?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TruckDriver

I wont vote because I don't love nor hate the show. It is a "ok" show to me and always was. It is funny and entertaining, and it was always sickening to me too because off all the Chargers they destroyed. I always thought too that "Daisy" was and is over rated. I dont think she ugly, but she doesn't do it for me either.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

blackcharger

Loved the show, refuse to see the movie. the more I see JS on her Pizza commercials, the better off I think Nick is. Of course I hated the Mopars that were destroyed(not just chargers), but I think the end result was a benifit for the hobby.

Dave

71440bee

Hated it. Hate the paint scheme. Still don't understand why anyone would duplicate it. Sorry, just don't like it. Every time I see one I think boy does that look stupid. Why would anyone do that to a nice Charger. At least it's only paint and can be changed back. Seemed like most of them disappeared until the movie came out.

tan top

I grew up watching the DOH and along with DIRTY MARY CRAZY LARRY & BULLET is partly the reason i got into mopars, & bought my 1969 CHARGER almost 20 years ago !. but when i think of all the (10-15 year old) chargers that were wrecked, and all that front end sheet metal (hoods, fenders, doors & grills ,stainless trim) that i doubt will ever be re-popped) destroyed makes me so :mad: :RantExplode: but i think it is still good entertainment.The latest movie was good but they are still wrecking :RantExplode: chargers,all be it rumored to be rusty cars full of bondo just my  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html