News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"I [blank] The Dukes of Hazzard!"

Started by sweetseventy, March 08, 2006, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you love or hate the Dukes?

I hate Dukes of Hazzard!
61 (27.7%)
I love Dukes of Hazzard!
159 (72.3%)

Total Members Voted: 220

nakita7

If the Dukes hadn't come along, this board and this hobby would hardly exist...trust me.

greenpigs

Quote from: nakita7 on July 14, 2006, 09:43:23 PM
If the Dukes hadn't come along, this board and this hobby would hardly exist...trust me.

I doubt that...trust me.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

73chgrSE

Quote from: greenpigs on July 14, 2006, 09:55:10 PM

I doubt that...trust me.

Yeah, somewhere there is a Yugo owners forum.  But they don't have a tv show.

8WHEELER

:iagree:  I bought my red 68 in 1978 before the Dukes came out. I loved the car and body style then, and so did
everybody else. My Chevelle friends even loved my charger, then the Dukes came out  :rotz: :rotz:  believe me. I
had the car back during the shows filming, most everybody back then, thought what a waste of a Charger, and
gave me a bad time, 'like it was my idea to jump these cars'  :rotz: :rotz:  believe me, most all ford and chevy
guys thought, and still think, that show made a mockery of a classic Charger and still do, and so do most Mopar
people.

I will always love the Charger body style, and it sure never took any red neck show to make me a fan of a
Dodge Charger.

I don't have any particular problem with people saving a rusted out Charger, and making a General Lee, that
saves one more Charger from a rusty death.

I Just can't stand it when people tell me, if it was not for the General nobody would care about these Chargers ''BS''

OK, play on boys   :popcrn:

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

dodge freak

Well sure some people would still love the Charger-but would Chrysler have bought the name back if it wasn't for the dukes show? Would there be as many Charger lovers ? We will never know, but it seems to me the show DID help.

There was many 2 door Mopars that were great, but if you ask a teenage today to start naming them chances are the first and maybe only one they say is Charger.

I think the old shows are funny too, Boss Hogg and Rosco were one of a kind and they are the best part of the show-not a jump over a creek. Don't forget back then Evil K. was jumping his motorcycle over all sorts of stuff, thats how the jumping part most likely came about.

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

mikesbbody

I loved the show I watched it as a young boy an thought it was the best thing ever but being young i had no idea that after every big jump a GL was destroyed (of course i learnt this when i was older...) my dad bought me a t shirt with a iron on transfer of the GL (remember those iron ons?) i wore it so much the iron on faded and you couldnt even see the GL. So i loved the show but hated the fact so many charger were destroyed its gotta be the most famous mopar of all time dont you think? everyone knows about the GL.

JimShine

Alcohol killed more Chargers than the Dukes. I still like alcohol.

72chargerSE

I loved the show when it first came out....

Then again, I was 12.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

squeakfinder

My popcorn :popcrn: is getting a little stale.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

treefrog

so, if you don't like to read/talk about the GL cars why read it and bash it...?

why not skip it and find something better to read?
1965 Satellite Ruby Red Poly
1965 Satellite Dark Turqouise Poly
1972 Challenger Top Banana
1973 Challenger Tripple Black (Wifes)
1987 Ram D100 Blue Shortbed
1987 Ram D100 Brown Longbed

squeakfinder

:bawling:

Sure are allot of sensitive people on this forum. Seems I can't go three posts without offending someone.

TylerCharger69

I think I've already posted in this topic  but....anyway......I wasn't so much a "Dukes" fan, but more of a General Lee fan.  I used to watch the show just because of the Mopars.  The General Lee, and Daisy's yellow road runner.  (Until the episode where Bo and Luke sent it over a cliff).   The story lines were unrealistic and somewhat corny, but the whole family enjoyed the show.  Boss Hogg was my Dads favorite.  I remeber my dad was apprehensive on getting me a car for my 16th b-day thinking I would try some crazy stunt and mimic what I saw on the Dukes.   Well...he bought me a Plymouth Horizon...(lol...still a Mopar...I guess)  but I always knew that someday I'd own a General Lee.   Well....here I am....41 years old,   first obtained my Charger on Thanksgiving Day of 1995,  and my dad thinks that car is the cream of the crop.   As far as the question goes....I wasn't so much a Dukes fan as I was a General Lee fan.    Ace

Chatt69chgr

I never watched the show when it originally aired (I am 61) but have watched it on occasion since.  The show is schlock but it's quality schlock.  Just like the Beverly Hillbillys and the Andy Griffity show.  These shows were wholesome shows that anybody could watch.  They had good actors, usually had a moral, and didn't involve profanity or lewdness.  I am not a big Dukes fan but have met all the actors at the last two DOH conventions------mainly because I live in Chattanooga and they were close.  They kids love the Dukes of Hazzard and I watched the actors going out of their way to accomodate the kids and everyone else for that matter.  I met the stunt people that actually drove the cars and they were just the nicest folks you would ever want to run into.  Contrast that with what you get on tv these days.  Try to find a decent tv program to watch.  Yes, there are some.  But they are few and far between.  Now, I am restoring a 69 Charger.  I have no intention of making it a General Lee.  But I have no problem with others that do.  They are saving the cars.  They can always be changed back later if need be.  And as far as destroying the cars on the tv series, I think they only destroyed maybe 300.  Thats out of 250,000 produced.  The wrecks they destroy today jumping them at the conventions were just that.  100 footers that were virtually worthless.  And they explained that they would, under no circumstances, destroy a good charger today.  They value and respect the cars just like we do.  I won't say as much for the movie.  Jessica Simpson is a beautiful girl and I certainly don't want to take anything away from her but the movie was pure exploitation.  I think Cooter was right in his judgement of the movie.  My two cents worth.

MoparManJim

well I'm a Dukes lover, I'm a fan of that orange thing oops LOL I mean General Lee. I didn't see the show when it 1st aired but cought it later on reruns on the Saturday mornings (?) after the 3 Stoogests. I got a 2nd gen charger that I'm been trying to work on but I got sick though so the work has slown down a good bit. I read some of you hate the show or the car, well let me ask you this, if it wasn't for the car getteing totaled oin each landing allmost what else would you hate about the show? I say if you hate the show for other reasons then you really don't have very much teast in tv shows that is good. The 2nd Question about this is why do you hate the car for because of it paint sheme? well if you have a 2nd charger an you are saying here that you hate the car then you must hate your car because its a 2nd gen charger also. remember you didn't say what version of the car you hated you just said you hated the car LOL. Me I'm also a fan on The Fall Guy show and yea both heathers and the big truck of Colts. 

myk

If the story writing and acting are good and strong, you could watch a t.v. show or movie about picking cotton and it would be captivating and moving.  How can ANYONE with half of a brain sit through an episode of that complete nonsense?  And don't quote the "entertainment/action" angle of the show because after the first couple of episodes the chase scenes got more tired and ancient than Jesse Duke.   DOH has neither good story writing or acting and is a complete waste of time and rare Dodge Chargers. 

Spend your free time getting a root canal instead!

squeakfinder

Its not that I have anything against the show, but..

The car pictured here was listed on feebay last summer by a bunch of a..holes before this stunt, as a 440 RT 4 speed.

BB1

:icon_bs: What planet are you on. The Dodge Charger is cooler than the DOH.
Delete my profile

Chargen69

I think topics that didnt have a reply for 6 months should be locked for viewing only.  Nobody is saying anything that we havent heard atleast a dozen times.

:Twocents:

Chargen69

BTW I love the general and the show    :P   :D

squeakfinder

Nobody is saying anything that we haven't heard at least a dozen times.

:Twocents:

Yes thats true, but apparently not everyone has the stamina to read this intire thread. But I think thats the way it is with most forums.

Ghoste

And it still allows new members a chance to speak their mind.  Even if we've read the same response before it's an open forum.

6670charger

I loved the show.  Not only was Daisy easy to look at, but, it had all the cars that I've always loved in it.  The Dodge Charger is my absolute favorite  car in the world.  The 68 Cadillac is probably my most favorite of all the older Caddy designs.  The Dodge Polara and Monaco's used as Police cars were some of my favorite Mopar sedan designs.  The only Ford pickups I ever really liked the looks of, aside from the '55-56, were the ones build from about 1969-1980.  On top of that, it was a fun show.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963