News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 interior rear window trim

Started by fireguyfire, February 07, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I bought a reproduction rear window interior trim kit for my 68, and painted it off white (my interior is pearl white).
The side pieces snap onto the serrated headliner pieces easily, and there is a small piece to cover the joint at the top the the window where they meet.
My question is how the bottom corner pieces are supposed to meet the side and bottom pieces, and how these corners are held in place? There is no holes in them for fasteners, and no grooves so that they can snap onto the side or bottom rails. Anybody got a drawing or better, a photo of how these trim corners are supposed to look installed? My kit didn't have any instructions with it.
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

bill440rt

The lower corners are held in place with two small chrome phillips head screws on each. They screw into small tabs on the headliner serrated pieces. They basically just go over on top of the side & bottom pieces, and are held in place with the screws. They don't slide into anything. My REM repro kit had the holes already pre-drilled.
I don't have a pic at the moment, but that describes it fairly well. Maybe someone can chime in here with a pic.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

fireguyfire

I kind of thought that may be the case when I saw those tabs; my corners have no holes. Are the counter sunk holes, or does the screw head stick up?
Someone with a picture would be a good help also!
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

bill440rt

It's not a countersunk screw. The hole is just flush.
Screw is chrome, has a "ridge" around the edge of it. Kind of like a short trim screw.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent