News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Junkyard Dawg strikes again! More good 3rd Gen parts finds! with MORE PICS ADDED

Started by twilt, March 08, 2006, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

Went to one of my fave junkyards on tuesday and found a newly arrived 74 Charger SE. My boss was so kind as to let me arrive to work a couple hours late, so i was able to stay a few hours and bring home some new goodies. Please note, that this post and its pictures are for entertainment purposes only. Please do not send me PM`s or post messages asking to buy anything.

Pic #1 Front Bumper and grilles  bumper is nice and straight. grilles have a couple cracks, and a couple shrunken headlight surrounds,  but could be fixed.

Rear valance is dented up but repairable and best of all, it was free.

twilt

Three wheel opening mouldings (the fourth is on a fender to be pictured later)- deckild trim ,  tail lights, SE rocker moldings

twilt

passenger side fender. light dent but very rust free and straight.

twilt

Rallye dash harness which is exclusive to a 74, washer and coolant jugs, misc - rear mouldings,fender trim, hood ornament, hood release cable assembly. I am not familair with this type of washer jug, is it exclusive to cruise control cars?

twilt

SE vinyl top trim, power window regulators-1 motor missing (no big deal-i have plenty), power window wiring harness, cruise control parts.

The Ghoul

youch!!
that rear valence looks rough!!
bumper looks great tho

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on March 08, 2006, 08:31:44 PM
Shoulda just bought the whole car :yesnod:
I wasnt interested in buying the whole car............ and the last time i checked with them, this particular yard would absolutely NOT sell a whole
car. I already have 4 cars, I dont need or want any more right now. 

Does anyone have any input on the washer jug i pictured? Its unlike anything i have seen on any of the many many other 73 and 74`s that i have owned. Perhaps it has something to do with the car having cruise.

twilt

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 08, 2006, 08:07:58 PM
youch!!
that rear valence looks rough!!
bumper looks great tho

The valance was looking a lot worse when i got it. I did a little preliminary straightening on it this afternoon while i was at work.
The bumper is very nice. too bad its not a 72 bumper .

MOPARHOUND!

Looks like you had a good time junkin' twilt.  Always great to score at salvage yard.

Thanks for taking time to share the pic's.  Look forward to seeing more.  :thumbs:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

HAZZARDJOHN

You Suck! You have almost every part me and my Buddy Jake are looking for. For his '74. He got sidetracked with buying a house, but we still need almost everything you got!  :P So you Suck! J/K  Good find! :yesnod:

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

ScottW

You are correct about the washer jug - it is for cars equiped with cruise control.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: ScottW on March 09, 2006, 11:39:57 AM
You are correct about the washer jug - it is for cars equiped with cruise control.

where and how goes attached
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

twilt

The washer jug attaches to the passenger side inner fender with 2-3 screws. 

I went back today and finished getting a few more bits and peices. Got the interior and exterior opera window covers, both of the plastic fender well splash shields, engine wiring harness, front lighting harness, passenger side armrest pad, condensor brackets, inner fender access covers, under hood fender-cowl bracing rods, rear upper panels, pass side front upper panel, rear outer bumper fillers,  and the drivers side fender. At first sight the fender looked kinda ruff due to a area of dent damage  above the dogleg. i pulled it off, laid it on the ground, and stomped 85% of the damage back out.  it actually looks pretty darn good good now. with a little hammer/dolly work and a skim coat of filler it should be good to go.

chargerkid

How is the washer bottle?  I would be interested in it with the cruise control.  I have a 73 and 74 SE with crusie control.

Chargerkid

ScottW

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 09, 2006, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: ScottW on March 09, 2006, 11:39:57 AM

where and how goes attached

Here is a pic I saved from the 'net, it was almost a twin to my car.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

twilt

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on March 10, 2006, 09:55:57 AM
Twilt,
I thought I told ya' to stop doing this to us! ;)(lol)

Ya want some more?  here is a nice collection of goodies that i won on ebay last week. :devil: Going to pick it all up tommorow. :yesnod:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8042039043&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The hardest part will be getting  it all hid away before my wife gets home. She knows that i won a  power bulge hood and some bucket seats but doesnt really know about all of the stuff. :devil:   

twilt

Some pics of the stuff i picked up on wednesday. The panels are very dirty but with about an hour of work and $6 in supplies, they will be black and looking nice.

twilt

More

twilt

last pics. At first glance this fender looked to be in horrendous shape. after a few minutes of preliminary work, its looking quite usable.

twilt

All of the stuff pictured set me back right around $175 Best of all, no mess in my yard or a shell to get rid of.

adauto

take it from a real J-Y-D...(well auto recycler anyway) looks like a GREAT day!! :yesnod:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

911bear

I bet your wife hates your ever living guts for brnging in all  those fine parts i would love to find!!  but then my wife would hate my guts then.... lol  :devil: :angel:
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

twilt

Quote from: 911bear on March 11, 2006, 02:23:02 AM
I bet your wife hates your ever living guts for brnging in all  those fine parts i would love to find!!  but then my wife would hate my guts then.... lol  :devil: :angel:

I wouldn`t say that she hates my guts. However, she does get a little :flame: sometimes. A little of this :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:, a little  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:, topped of by some :cussing: :cussing:.    :no: :no: