News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbowl Chrysler 200 commercial with Bob Dylan

Started by odcics2, February 02, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Wasn't very many good commercials this year.  Best ones I seen was the cowboy kid on the dog with the Doritos and the Clydesdale with the puppy.

chargerboy69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 02, 2014, 10:43:49 PM
Wasn't very many good commercials this year.  Best ones I seen was the cowboy kid on the dog with the Doritos and the Clydesdale with the puppy.

I agree, not many good ones.  Chryslers sucked. . .  American this. .American that, profits going back to Italy. . better not mention that while pushing the American theme on the un-informed. It is not that I give a sh!t who owns them, just don't try to spin it into something they are not, an American owned company.

Myslef I liked the John Stamos yogurt commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy-QPmejVZU
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

RallyeMike

Ya. The Stamos commercial surprised me in terms of toeing the line of family TV. Cracked me up!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

8WHEELER

Quote from: RallyeMike on February 03, 2014, 12:04:15 AM
Ya. The Stamos commercial surprised me in terms of toeing the line of family TV. Cracked me up!

I am with you   :yesnod:  that was great, they had another version of that yesterday, not as funny though.

The Bud commercial was good, but the game was basically over   :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

68X426

Back to Dylan.

He said never, ever.  Then he took the money.  Sold out to the Italians.

I would have been less diappointed if he was pitching the entire USA auto industry, or at least just Detroit as a place to fix.

I think we're all better off if he stays at his mansion in Malibu.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Mytur Binsdirti

"Ol Bob had more makeup on him than a corpse in a casket.   :eek2:

Ghoste

myk

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 02, 2014, 10:43:49 PM

The commercials sucked, the game sucked, even the half-time show was a bomb.  I actually found myself reminiscing about the Destiny's Child appearance from last year.. ::)

Ghoste

myk

Let Germany brew your beer, let Switzerland make your watch, let Asia assemble your phone; We, will build YOUR CAR.  Cool words for sure, as long as you're OK with Fiat holding the reigns...

odcics2

Quote from: myk on February 03, 2014, 07:35:19 PM
Let Germany brew your beer, let Switzerland make your watch, let Asia assemble your phone; We, will build YOUR CAR.  Cool words for sure, as long as you're OK with Fiat holding the reigns...

That or not exist.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

moparstuart

I liked it 
you guys are all a bunch of old whiney cry babies
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

myk

Eh, not at all; it's a cool commercial for sure.  I just think it's important to note that the modern Dart and Chrysler, for that matter, are about as American as my blender which is happily built in the People's Republic of who gives a damn.  Just because the Dart is ASSEMBLED in America doesn't give it a pass to link itself to America's classic car history which truly was built in America.  Truth in advertising...that's all I'm spouting on about...

Aero426

It was better than that rapper dude who doesn't live really live on 8 mile.   

Ghoste

chargerboy69

Quote from: moparstuart on February 03, 2014, 10:50:38 PM
I liked it 

Yea, that is exactly.  It has nothing to do with them touting they will build your car right here in America. . Chrysler, the good old American company.  What bullsh!t.  They are not an American company, and what exactly do they build here in America. . Not the Charger, not the Challenger, not the 300, all built in Canada. Heck, only a few of the Ram 1500 trucks are built here in the USA, all the rest are built in Mexico.

How about a little truth in advertising from them.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Mytur Binsdirti

Here's Bob without all the makeup. I think he might actually be a zombie.

odcics2

Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 04, 2014, 11:19:17 AM
I liked it 

Yea, that is exactly.  It has nothing to do with them touting they will build your car right here in America. . Chrysler, the good old American company.  What bullsh!t.  They are not an American company, and what exactly do they build here in America. . Not the Charger, not the Challenger, not the 300, all built in Canada. Heck, only a few of the Ram 1500 trucks are built here in the USA, all the rest are built in Mexico.

Do some research.  MOST of the trucks are built in Warren, Michigan.   ALL the 200s are built in Sterling Heights, Michigan, along with the Avenger.
The Engineering for both is done in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
They are both proven out in Chelsea, Michigan.

p.s. Cherokees are built in Toledo, Ohio.  Grand Cherokees are built in Detroit, Michigan.  Durangos are built in Detroit, Michigan. Vipers are built in Detroit, Michigan.  Patriots are built in Illinois.  Darts are built in Illinois.  Jeep Compass also built in Illinois.  Wranglers are built in Toledo, Ohio.

See above for where they were all Engineered and proven out.

No charge for the education.  :cheers:   

chargerboy69

Quote from: odcics2 on February 04, 2014, 04:32:55 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 04, 2014, 11:19:17 AM
I liked it  

Yea, that is exactly.  It has nothing to do with them touting they will build your car right here in America. . Chrysler, the good old American company.  What bullsh!t.  They are not an American company, and what exactly do they build here in America. . Not the Charger, not the Challenger, not the 300, all built in Canada. Heck, only a few of the Ram 1500 trucks are built here in the USA, all the rest are built in Mexico.

Do some research.  MOST of the trucks are built in Warren, Michigan.  

No charge for the education.  :cheers:  

I would get a better education from the old Sally Stuthers correspondence school. .  You think I would just go spouting off "facts" anyone can look up. As you can see below a few of the Ram 1500's are built in Michigan, thats it, all other Rams are built in Mexico. Just what I said above.

So they build a few cars here in the States. . so does Honda, so does Toyota. The point I was making was their ad is a lie.  Many of their cars are not built in the USA. . Fact.  They are a foreign owned company. . Fact. Don't try and dance around the facts by announcing where a Jeep Compass was proven.  ::)

"Warren Truck Assembly, Warren, Michigan, USA. First opened in 1938, the facility has produced trucks for Dodge and Ram for over 70 years. Near the plant are also the Warren metal stamping plant, Mount Elliot tool and die plant which contribute parts and components to the manufacture of the Dakota and 1500 series.

The following models are currently assembled at the plant:

Ram 1500 series, all crew cab and double cab models
for the global market are assembled here except for the Ram 1500 Laramie, which is built at both the Warren facility and Ram's Saltillo Assembly for the Mexican market.

Saltillo Truck Assembly, Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico. The plant manufactures the full range of the Ram truck series as well as the DX Chassis cab. The plant has won numerous awards and has been recognized as the Chrysler groups best truck facility in terms of build quality.[6] The Saltillo stamping plant is also attached to the facility.

The following models are built at the plant:

Ram 1500 all regular cab models of various trim levels sold globally are manufactured at the facility as is the crew cab Ram 1500 Laramie for the Mexican market.

Ram 2500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.

Ram 3500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.

Ram 4500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.

Ram 5500 all models of various trim levels, cab type, and bed length. Vehicles built here are sold globally.

DX Chassis Cab manufactured for the Mexican market only.

Ram ProMaster"

School dismissed.   :yesnod:

--Gerald Ford

Aero426

What odcis2 is saying is that there is more than "final assembly" that goes into the car you buy.     

odcics2

School back in session!     :icon_smile_big:

How about some production numbers?
How many total trucks did Warren built last year vs Mexico?     Go ahead, look it up!    Wait - I'll do it for you...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chrysler is on track to build more than 300,000 Ram 1500 pickups at its Warren assembly plant this year -- the most in the plant's history.

The record output reflects Chrysler's confidence in the upgraded 2013 Ram 1500 and the expectation that pickup sales will increase across the industry this year.

It's also is a sign of how important pickups are to Detroit automakers' profits.

Chrysler had said in November it would add about 1,000 workers at Warren Truck Assembly, but the extent of the expansion was only specified recently.

"We don't ever confirm production volumes or plant capacity," said Jodi Tinson, a Chrysler spokeswoman.

But a memo posted by the factory's human resources department said production would rise from 227,000 last year to more than 300,000 in 2013.

Workers will go to four 10-hour days a week instead of five eight-hour days. More of them will work weekends beginning next month.

The employee memo said a number of other schedules were explored, but no others would enable the plant to make 300,000 trucks this year.

Chrysler is beginning to install new eight-speed transmissions in some trucks. Chrysler also builds certain models of the Ram 1500 and the heavy-duty versions of Ram in Saltillo, Mexico. During the boom in pickup sales about a decade ago, it also produced Ram pickups at a factory in St. Louis, but that plant was closed in 2009.

Last year, Chrysler sold 293,363 Ram pickups in the U.S., up 20% from 2011, according to Autodata.

If the mix of trucks coming from Warren and Saltillo stays the same as last year, the company will produce nearly 390,000 Rams this year.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll do the math too.      300,000 trucks built in MICHIGAN vs 90,000 built in Mexico.  total: 390,000.   

We plan to do better this year!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

chargerboy69

And once again you completely miss my point.  So once again. . and for the last time, they are not an American company and a good portion of their cars are not made here in the USA. I am not interested in breaking down production numbers of each and every model, or how many were made in each plant, that is not what my point was.  The Charger, Challenger, 300 and many Rams are all imported. Their ad was a lie.  I know you are one of Chryslers biggest cheerleaders, and thats fine, I get it. But this is not the company is was back in 1970.

School closed.

--Gerald Ford