News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Top cat wiskers install

Started by sanders7981, February 20, 2014, 06:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

My top cat wiskers came in and I have an install question... How the hell did you guys install the rear ones that go on the door pad?  The old ones were stapled in, but I don't have an industrial stapler that will go through the metal. 

twodko

I took my to an upholstery shop.....they had the tool.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

sanders7981

Hmmmm... Looks that is what I will be doing then. 

jaak

I remember reading a thread on this before, but I couldn't find it.

Just put mine on today, I pop riveted them on. The key is take the mounting bracket and place it on the pad. See pic below where red arrows are pointing on mounting bracket, you cannot put a rivet in those three spots because the pad sits flush on those 3 spots. Everywhere else there is enough clearance to use pop rivets (I used 1/8" x 3/8"), or you could probably use a short self tapping screw also. After completing, I installed the bracket and pad in the car for a test fit. The only thing I'll add, is if you pop rivet them like I did, you might want to paint the heads of the rivet black (or use black screws) because with them installed in the car you can look down if standing by the quarter window, and you can see the bright silver rivet heads.

Jason

twodko

Great search Jason! I remember that workaround. Nice option.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

sanders7981

Good find!  I worked a solution though.  I just clamped the whisker down to the pad and carefully drilled pilot holes, then used #6 black flat head screws to attach it.  Came out pretty clean and good.