News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your dyno is broken...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, February 02, 2014, 01:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

hell yah it is....If I put something on my car that suppose to increase power and it doesnt then the dyno is broken!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGWgvJN1_8

JB400

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Those crazy Aussies.  :lol:  Looks like they have a bunch of similar vids but I didn't have time to watch each episode.  Funny stuff.

polywideblock

it all done tongue in cheek, very funny  :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

XH29N0G

Quote from: Ghoste on February 02, 2014, 11:34:09 AM
Those crazy Aussies.  :lol:  Looks like they have a bunch of similar vids but I didn't have time to watch each episode.  Funny stuff.

Took a quick look, and the other ones also have lots of valuable information.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: polywideblock on February 02, 2014, 12:24:46 PM

you guys are funny, but Im glad that they test stuff out to the dyno and what not vs what others claim.  My buddy is that way he said he put in a cold air intake and he got extra 30HP because the box said so and an exhaust netted him 20 due to what manufactures claim lol......

Theres an expisode where the build a civic with all 'RICE" parts nothing was 'real' it was all for posing lol... :rofl:

Ghoste

I think that marketing math has been used in place of the dyno likely since aftermarket parts makers first started publishing power increases to be expected.

cudaken

I am back

6spd68

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 02, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

you guys are funny, but Im glad that they test stuff out to the dyno and what not vs what others claim.  My buddy is that way he said he put in a cold air intake and he got extra 30HP because the box said so and an exhaust netted him 20 due to what manufactures claim lol......

Theres an expisode where the build a civic with all 'RICE" parts nothing was 'real' it was all for posing lol... :rofl:

Almost as bad as the retards on other forums that claim a K&N filter is a performance upgrade.  That's not an upgrade lol, that's buying a different brand of filter for your stock enclosure.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ghoste

They do flow air quite a bit more freely though.

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 02, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

I love import car 'mags because their girls/models are top shelf.  Consequently, I've also learned that the hundreds, THOUSANDS of dollars spent in 'modding most of those cars translates into very little power gains; ricers would do well to read their own trash and learn a thing or two, from time to time...

polywideblock

just 1 point  am I the only one to notice that they hooked it up to the air cleaner not the intake  :scratchchin:

how much "boost " was lost out the hot air door ,pcv etc?  considering how old and clapped out the charade was, all the boost was probably in the crankcase

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

I noticed it as well.  Just figured that's how you Aussies do things like that ;)

Ghoste

Yeah, I thought it was a down under thing too.

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on February 03, 2014, 07:16:31 PM
They do flow air quite a bit more freely though.

At the expense of letting DIRT into your engine to score the cylinder walls.  Nothing is free...   

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

I've had one on my 383 for fifteen years now and it isn't blowing blue smoke or showing abnormal change on an annual cylinder leakdown.  Of course I make sure to clean it annually and re-oil it.

odcics2

Just stating what I have heard and seen...    :Twocents:        Have you driven 100,000 miles yet?

I used to use K&N until,l I saw the data!      Main purpose of a filter it to keep 100% of the dirt trapped prior to the engine, not make 3 more HP at 6 grand!!   :lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

Depends on your use of the vehicle though.  That would be the main purpose of an oem filter but since Chrysler no longer honors the warranty on the car, I'd rather have the 3 hp at 6 grand. :2thumbs: