News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

time delay relay

Started by fireguyfire, February 01, 2014, 09:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

Hey guys; found 2 unused leads after my full restoration behind the glove box (I didnt disaessmble the car) and they are a blue and a brown lead; consulting the wiring diagram for 68's, they are for the time delay relay.
Can anyone tell me where this is, and what it does?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Ghoste

It would go about where the leads were and it was used to control an optional light around the ignition switch.

fireguyfire

Hmmmm; dont think I have a light around the ignition switch; I'm now wondering why my wiring harness would have these leads with the 90 degree end on them as well.
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent

Ghoste

They were a standard part of the harness but only used if the option were installed.  It was cheaper to make up a sort of universal harness than try to wire it in individually and set the special harnesses aside for the proper cars.

cdr

if those wires are at the glove box ,if its an ac car they go on the bottom rt side of the ac box
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

they are for the humidity control switch in the wiring diagram it is called a time delay relay
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Ghoste

But in which case the same explanation would apply if you dont have ac.

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on February 01, 2014, 09:49:44 PM
But in which case the same explanation would apply if you dont have ac.

not for these wires, they are for ac only.

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'56 Dodge Regent