News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ford mustang rocks....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, January 31, 2014, 06:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

As in rockin their drop base air filter and then dumping the top part of it, thx ford for making this drop base.

Baldwinvette77

Ah ford, if only i were count the number of ford parts on my charger... or chevy parts  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

.....And thanks to you for posting the picture of the dropped base. Wait, you didn't post one. Thanks for nothing.
:eek2:

Cooter

Hate break it to ya slick, but that looks like the same, cheap, chrome drop base from Edelbrock, or Mr. Gasket.
just has FORD embossed in it. But, kudos for using what works.

Kinda like those Nippendenso (foreignJapanese) "Mopar" one wire alt. Kits...LMAO!
And God forbid you run a good ole AC. Delco (GM) one wire you can buy for peanuts anywhere.....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 31, 2014, 08:39:04 PM
Hate break it to ya slick, but that looks like the same, cheap, chrome drop base from Edelbrock, or Mr. Gasket.

Kinda like those Nippendenso (foreignJapanese) "Mopar" one wire alt. Kits...LMAO!
And God forbid you run a good ole AC. Delco (GM) one wire you can buy for peanuts anywhere.....

Cooter being cooter grumpy old man always talking about a solution but does not offer where/how it's done  :rotz:

Hey cooter I got an engine right now that does 1000hp with 950ft lbs sitting in my house  :2thumbs:

Cooter

Without pics/video of dyno session, never happened.....  :D

Never offers how it's done?..btw. I've posted pics of my Challenger with that same drop base air cleaner I got at Advance Auto for $25.00.....
on that same car, I've posted pics of the engine,  with PS bracket from the 318 that now fits the 440 for free. And I'm not an old man yet grasshoppa.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

fy469rtse

And stop calling me on the course, the guys I play with hate me taking calls and showing off with my all purpose has everything golf bag lol

1974dodgecharger

Can we wait on dyno? :icon_smile_big:

I'm still debating on Vegas, due to finances as always  :angel:

Quote from: Cooter on January 31, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

Never offers how it's done?..btw. I've posted pics of my Challenger with that same drop base air cleaner I got at Advance Auto for $25.00.....
on that same car, I've posted pics of the engine,  with PS bracket from the 318 that now fits the 440 for free. And I'm not an old man yet grasshoppa.

68killerbee

Quote from: Cooter on January 31, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

Do you have a part number for that drop base air cleaner??
thanks!

beezee

The Ford low profile air cleaner has a 13" element, the same size as the common Mopar filter element for 60,s -70,s air cleaners.Look for Proform-Ford Racing part #302-350 for the drop base air cleaner.

Back N Black

Why do you have to be so condescending? I'm sure his name is not slick.

1974dodgecharger

Thats cooter for ya, but we all know him too well so he is loved in a special way here.  :slap:

Quote from: Back N Black on February 20, 2014, 09:13:07 PM

Cooter

Cause me and slick got kinda thing here. He tries and tries to f*ck up a 2nd  Gen with pimp wheels and Ford air cleaners, and I have to attempt to show him the errors of his ways. Youngins?

For your info slick, I wasn't trying to be an ass, it's just my nature. Anything else I can help you with, you dont hesitate to ask slick.

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on February 22, 2014, 08:23:00 AM

Cause me and slick got kinda thing here. He tries and tries to f*ck up a 2nd  Gen with pimp wheels and Ford air cleaners, and I have to attempt to show him the errors of his ways. Youngins?

For your info slick, I wasn't trying to be an ass, it's just my nature. Anything else I can help you with, you dont hesitate to ask slick.
As you mentioned "I wasn't trying to be an ass, it just my nature". I was pointing out the obvious.

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on February 22, 2014, 09:39:12 AM

As you mentioned "I wasn't trying to be an ass, it just my nature". I was pointing out the obvious.

Thanks slick! Preciate dat. Next time you see an A& B conversation, try not to "B" a "C"...just pointing out the obvious....

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on February 22, 2014, 11:23:33 AM
Quote from: Back N Black on February 22, 2014, 09:39:12 AM

Thanks slick! Predicate dat. Next time you see an A& B conversation, try not to "B" a "C"...just pointing out the obvious....
How about everytime you call me Slick, i call you a dumb ass redneck? Sound fair?

Cooter

'Dumbass redneck'.....hmmmm....yet, I can build my own trans, engines, rearends, diagnose electrical problems, do my own sheet metal and body work, I can paint, weld,  do my own interiors including but not limited to, stitching and sewing seat covers, I have built probably 25 cars in my life.....

Doesn't really fit, but you call me whatever makes you feel better.....

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on February 22, 2014, 08:01:35 PM
'Dumbass redneck'.....hmmmm....yet, I can build my own trans, engines, rearends, diagnose electrical problems, do my own sheet metal and body work, I can paint, weld,  do my own interiors including but not limited to, stitching and sewing seat covers, I have built probably 25 cars in my life.....

Doesn't really fit, but you call me whatever makes you feel better.....
I have been a mechanic for the last 30 years and i can build my own trans, engines, rearends, diagnose electrical problems, do my own sheet metal and body work, I can paint, weld,  do my own interiors including but not limited to, stitching and sewing seat covers. So, your not the ony one on this site.

Cooter

'Dumbass Redneck' here,

Never said I was, just stating the obvious.