News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Charger "White Hat" Special Complete!

Started by gibber, January 31, 2014, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Very nice, as mentioned above the vinyl top really makes it stand out.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

GOTWING

SuperJim

Jim
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
http://www.supercar1.com/index.php

Ghoste

And we know you likely can't with the limited appeal, but what a great subject a 67 vinyl top Charger would be.  :icon_smile_wink:

gibber

Thanks for the kind words everyone, greatly appreciate it! The blue Charger in the background is mine as well, 1966 with 361, PS, PB, console auto with factory air. Bought it back in 2006 from a guy in Dallas, he was the second owner and the car had been in and around Dallas the entire 40 years! Original color was CC-1 (Light Blue). Not a big fan of that color on that big a car. So in 96 the guy I bought it from painted in Mazda Nassau Blue, fairly close to medium blue from Chrysler.

I've recovered the seats, replaced the carpet, and had the door panels worked on, plus put a dual master cylinder and dual exhaust on it.  Other than that and rebuilding the instrument cluster (I have a small side business rebuilding the first gen EL clusters), it is all original and stock. 108,000 miles and still running like a top, plus the A/C was converted to 134 and it will still freeze you out, even in these high temps in AZ.

As for the garage, we just had the house built here outside Phoenix. 4200 sq ft with a 2000 sq ft garage, half of which is an RV size (23 wide by 22 tall by 50 ft long). Only been in this house 4 months but love the room..... :yesnod:

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TUFCAT

WOW  :o   VERY NICE!!   :2thumbs:  That's a beautiful restoration.  You should be extremely proud of that job!  :2thumbs:

EccentricMagpies

'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

Challenger340

That is just plain old BEAUTIFUL, you should be proud ! :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

C_stripes

Maybe I am wrong, but I was told that the 'white hat specials' all had head rests and bumper guards.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TruckDriver

Looks great. Not to many '66 & '67 Charger's with vinyl tops. At least I personally have not seen to many.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT

Quote from: TruckDriver on March 14, 2014, 07:50:58 AM
Looks great. Not to many '66 & '67 Charger's with vinyl tops. At least I personally have not seen to many.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :drool5:

That's true. Up untill about 15 years ago I had no idea there was also an option for a thin pinstripe along the side roof line of the fastback.  I ran into an original unrestored car that had it, and I thought it was something the owner did. So I asked him about it and sure enough he should me the original window sticker. It was on there.

Ghoste

Quote from: C_stripes on March 14, 2014, 02:01:46 AM
Maybe I am wrong, but I was told that the 'white hat specials' all had head rests and bumper guards.

Not head rests for sure and IIRC the guards were also an option.

Mytur Binsdirti

White hat special? Looks like it's got a black hat to me.   :shruggy:

Either way, it looks very, very nice.

wingcar

I saw the car at the Moparty Car show..........the pictures don't do the car justice...it is nice.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Back N Black

Man, the charger looks awesome, love the interior.  :2thumbs:

cazz

Ghoste

Yeah, I always found that black top on a White Hat Special thing curious too.  :lol:

TUFCAT

The "white hat" package included bumper guards front and rear.  This window sticker is from a Coronet... I'm making an assumption that Chargers are the same  :shruggy:

StoneCold

For 1967 apparently  13.1% or 1921 had the vinyl roof,  3.7% or 543 were White Hat Specials, 11.4% or 1672 came with woodgrain wheel.

TUFCAT

Quote from: StoneCold on March 14, 2014, 05:18:50 PM

For 1967 apparently  13.1% or 1921 had the vinyl roof,  3.7% or 543 were White Hat Specials, 11.4% or 1672 came with woodgrain wheel.

Very cool.  :2thumbs: Where does that information come from just curious because I don't recall seeing a breakdown like that anywhere.

Ghoste

Really?  Because mine is a White Hat Special and it has the woodgrain wheel.  Disc brakes too which aren't commonly seen.  IF only I had the space to give it a proper resto.

StoneCold

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 14, 2014, 05:22:00 PM
Quote from: StoneCold on March 14, 2014, 05:18:50 PM

Very cool.  :2thumbs: Where does that information come from just curious because I don't recall seeing a breakdown like that anywhere.

Just googling certain key words and pressing "next" a crapload of times :). The post was from 2000.
Someone on a group that had the 1967 Charger Govier option reports posted a few numbers for someone looking for info.
Sadly that's all they posted. So the info is out there. A very secretive aspect of the hobby for whatever reason.  $$$$   :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 14, 2014, 04:10:00 PM
The "white hat" package included bumper guards front and rear.  This window sticker is from a Coronet... I'm making an assumption that Chargers are the same

Thats what I had always thought too and mine has front and rear guards but some other dude told me they were optional and not part of the package?  A Charger thing?  I don't know, I really don't.  Maybe Bryan or Jon or one of those guys know for sure?