News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mods on 14 charger RT

Started by Joshua370, January 31, 2014, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua370

I just bought this beast brand new! what mods can I put on it? like gears on the rear end or air intake tube

Cooter

Quote from: Joshua370 on January 31, 2014, 10:48:38 AM
I just bought this beast brand new! what mods can I put on it? like gears on the rear end or air intake tube
until it's outta warranty, do not mess with it....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Chargen69

JB400

I would have to agree with Cooter with one exception: the Mopar catalog.  You can buy factory parts that won't void the warranty, but check with the service department to see what is covered.

http://www.mopar.com/catalog/

Joshua370

Ok then I'll check with the dealer! The R/T is nasty

2Luke2

Vortec supercharger, American racing headers 1 7/8, cat back exhaust,  more rubber, adjustable coilovers and then you can start to get seriously addicted to burning rubber lol...

Cooter

I used to laugh every time a buddy would bring his brand new 1991 Mustang GT In the dealer for "warranty" replacement air boxes...

This was replaced about three times until I spotted the NOS solenoids....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Wing in back, halo lights, TVA in the headrest, led dome light,
Rad brake light kit, i think that should cover your bases and drive the hell out of it.

Joshua370

Quote from: 2Luke2 on January 31, 2014, 09:05:05 PM
Vortec supercharger, American racing headers 1 7/8, cat back exhaust,  more rubber, adjustable coilovers and then you can start to get seriously addicted to burning rubber lol...

What is cat back exhaust? And my car won't do a burn out

JB400

cat back exhaust is the exhaust tubing and mufflers that are bolted on after the catalytic converters.  It frees up a little bit of horsepower and gives you a nice exhaust note.

Joshua370

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 01, 2014, 08:30:48 AM
cat back exhaust is the exhaust tubing and mufflers that are bolted on after the catalytic converters.  It frees up a little bit of horsepower and gives you a nice exhaust note.

How about the burnout? I heard something about removing a fuse?

c00nhunterjoe

Diablo predator tuner... best investment for them.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 01, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

yup, saw one guy with a 5.7 stock push 300HP and one guy had the same engine no mods with diabloc tuner took 400hp on the dyno.

JB400

Quote from: Joshua370 on February 01, 2014, 10:08:28 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 01, 2014, 08:30:48 AM
cat back exhaust is the exhaust tubing and mufflers that are bolted on after the catalytic converters.  It frees up a little bit of horsepower and gives you a nice exhaust note.

How about the burnout? I heard something about removing a fuse?
My guess would be the fuse for the traction control.  The older ones don't have that problem :drive:

Cooter

Never ceases to amaze me how many think a burn out is a measurement of how well the car performs.
burnouts ain't sh*t. 0-60 times, 1/4 mile ET, etc. Are.

Joshua370

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 01, 2014, 08:29:52 PM

Does it come preset? Or do I have to tell them I have a stock

c00nhunterjoe

Comes with 3 basic tunes. If you have a laptop and programming skills  then youcan write your own programs like i did for mine. If you dont know what youre doing then i would stick with the factory tunes that come with it. Stil a night and day difference.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on February 02, 2014, 06:33:27 AM
Never ceases to amaze me how many think a burn out is a measurement of how well the car performs.

I think when we do burnouts the more smoke it creates the more power we percieve it as.  I know alot of Hondas try to do a front drive burnout and get nowhere not even smoke of some sorts vs others highers with higher power give more smoke.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 02, 2014, 10:48:19 PM

I think when we do burnouts the more smoke it creates the more power we percieve it as.  I know alot of Hondas try to do a front drive burnout and get nowhere not even smoke of some sorts vs others highers with higher power give more smoke.

Well if thats the case then i have 1500 hp, easily....lol

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 03, 2014, 12:02:58 AM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 02, 2014, 10:48:19 PM

Well if thats the case then i have 1500 hp, easily....lol

let me get my smoke detector will be right back... :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

Ignorant waist of tire money. Rubber all over quarters, and yet we drive around mud puddles.
most have to "power brake" their car to do this anyway. REAL power comes from blowing the street tires away at about a 30 mph roll, and Then romping on it. That or sh*t suspension.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on February 03, 2014, 06:25:31 AM
Ignorant waist of tire money. Rubber all over quarters, and yet we drive around mud puddles.
most have to "power brake" their car to do this anyway. REAL power comes from blowing the street tires away at about a 30 mph roll, and Then romping on it. That or sh*t suspension.

oh, I agree  ;D

c00nhunterjoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysGRVhuOejA&list=PLCD53AA672390665D&index=18

Like this? Lol. Although im still working on my program to stop the auto upshifts.... and these are sticky bfg's