News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2014 challenger shaker

Started by chargerman69, January 30, 2014, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

Anyone else see the new challengers with the shakers, i wood like one in Plum crazy with a white strip

Ghoste

I've yet to see them on the street or lots but I did see it in a couple of magazines.  I like it even if they are pnly several years behind the aftermarket industry.

odcics2

Nice thing is that it'll be on the Monroney label, for folks who like that sort of thing...    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: chargerman69 on January 30, 2014, 02:15:53 PM
i wood like one in Plum crazy with a white strip

As you wish............

Lord Warlock

Better act quick, from what i've read, they've sold out the sales banks already.  For those that really like it, the shaker has been available through aftermarket for years now. Was available when i bought mine in 2010.  I went TA hood instead. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

1974dodgecharger

Awesome they put carbed engines in the new challenger for a limited production do these come with a hemi 426 and legal for street sale with shaker.  Hmmmmm...shaker hemi 426

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 30, 2014, 09:17:15 PM
Better act quick, from what i've read, they've sold out the sales banks already.  For those that really like it, the shaker has been available through aftermarket for years now. Was available when i bought mine in 2010.  I went TA hood instead.  

yeah, this came up in some other new challenger thread a while back. Aftermarket shaker kits have been available for a few years now. And they are probably much, much cheaper than whatever the factory is gonna charge to add it as an option.

....but there's always going to be those people who see a 70 Challenger sell at B-J for $100K and start getting dollar signs in their eyes, so they go out and pay a premium for these limited edition new cars thinking they'll reach the same level of collectibiity by the time they retire...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lord Warlock

I'll let those who wish to speculate on collectability have their fun, I'll be dead before these reach collector status, and won't care either way.  I have a 2010 challenger r/t classic with the TA hood and ram air kit, it'll get me by for a few years.  The charger is the only collector car I intend to keep, along with my dad's favorite car which is already a collector car.  The stealth i have I won't keep even though it has potential. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

sanders7981

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 01, 2014, 01:08:33 AM
I'll let those who wish to speculate on collectability have their fun, I'll be dead before these reach collector status, and won't care either way.  I have a 2010 challenger r/t classic with the TA hood and ram air kit, it'll get me by for a few years.  The charger is the only collector car I intend to keep, along with my dad's favorite car which is already a collector car.  The stealth i have I won't keep even though it has potential. 

Stealths are pretty nice!  Always wanted a black TT/RT model.

Ghoste

I just think of Silver Anniversary Corvettes or those Cadillac convertibles from the mid 70's.  Was it 74 that Cadillac announced it would be the last convertible they ever built?
There were so many of those things put away in storage with plastic still on the seats and zero miles on the odometer because of their instant collectability and as yet no one much cares.  They seem to bring slightly more than ones that were used but to me, a thousnad dollars or so is not enough to warrant those three decades or so of not enjoying the car.

sanders7981

^^^^^ ABSOLUTELY!!!!  I buy cars to drive and enjoy them, not for them to sit and look good in my garage. 

TUFCAT